Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part III - 11/11 Yakupov willing to be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Didn't you get the memo from Glen Sather? We are a skill team this season.

It is very strange, especially when you take into account the kind of player Sather was.

Hey! Maybe that's a new theory you're bound to love, BRB. Maybe Sather sucks at developing young grit because he's overcompensating for being jealous that he didn't have that kind of skill when he was a player. :nod:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gagner is still riding his "potential" several years into his career. He's a 50 point player who is undersized, and isn't fast enough to make up for it. Not a fan, especially given his new contract.

Mojo is a decent player, but I wouldn't trade MDZ straight across for him. Maybe if they sent Carrick back in the deal in addition to Mojo.

I think his contract is about market actually. I am not in love with Gagner by any means, but I think but was going to the general Edmonton theme. Gagner has his shortcomings (no pun intended) but he seems like the type who could raise his game in playoff situations so was projecting a bit there.

MDZ for Johansson + is actually what I had dreamed up when I thought of possible Del Zotto trades. You get a legit top six player with some upside that doesn't break the bank. Why not.

Dallas, Philly, Edmonton, Tampa, Washington, Jersey, Florida, Calgary and Winnipeg were teams mentioned earlier for possible Del Zotto trades.

I would add Colorado and Minnesota but they probably don't want to shake anything up necessarily.

Philly, Jersey and Washington are all in division so its gets hairy.

Edmonton we have talked about at length.

Dallas and Tampa seem like they would be more interested in Girardi.

Florida and Calgary seem really tough to match up with talent wise.

Winnipeg could work, but it seems any deal would be based around Del Zotto for Byfuglien which I would probably be okay with. Not sure Del Zotto gets us near Kane, Ladd or Wheeler.

Luckily the team is doing better so they don;t need to rush into anything but it would be prudent to keep your eyes out.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We actually only develop 2nd and 3rd liners. Its the Rangers way.

Its true - and they usually need to be bumped up a line to compensate. Somebody has to play there.

Anyway, I like the way this team has looked the past couple of weeks -- but calling this a top 3 roster in the game of hockey, even with Nash, is absolutely crazy.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Stay away, Yashin and Daigle where very skilled players also and look what happened to them!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, I could be wrong about him, but after floating a test balloon on the TBL board, it's fair to say they overvalue Gudas.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well, I could be wrong about him, but after floating a test balloon on the TBL board, it's fair to say they overvalue Gudas.

Don't you know those big, mean, mobile, tough d-men are easy to find? His value should be nothing... :sarcasm:

If he was a Ranger, none of us would want to move him either.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Don't you know those big, mean, mobile, tough d-men are easy to find? His value should be nothing... :sarcasm:

If he was a Ranger, none of us would want to move him either.

Of course not. I wasn't criticizing them for it, just saying that they're doing it.

Gudas is playing well right now, but I think he's likely more of a 3rd pair guy than a 2nd pair guy. They're looking at him as a #3 D right now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Of course not. I wasn't criticizing them for it, just saying that they're doing it.

Gudas is playing well right now, but I think he's likely more of a 3rd pair guy than a 2nd pair guy. They're looking at him as a #3 D right now.

Even a 3rd pairing guy who is that size and plays with snarl and will stick up for his teammates is incredibly valuable. Hard to find.

He is also a RD. Another hard thing to find it seems.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Even a 3rd pairing guy who is that size and plays with snarl and will stick up for his teammates is incredibly valuable. Hard to find.

He is also a RD. Another hard thing to find it seems.

Well, unless you're Winnipeg (Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba, Postma) or Nashville (Weber, Josi, Jones, Ellis, Klein).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Would anyone take Tootoo in exchange for Asham if Detroit held onto 500k of his salary for this year and next?

Tootoo @ 1.4 million for this year and next year for Asham at 1 million just this year. Gives the Rangers another option besides Dorsett to stir the pot a little bit and create some energy. Doesn't cost them a ton as they move Asham whose contract is up at the end of the year which helps Detroit. They save money next year as well not having him on their books and if the Rangers demote him it isn't a huge deal cap-wise.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Even though its a need, I feel like if anything they absolutely need to prioritize a scoring winger and some bottom 6 competency.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Would anyone take Tootoo in exchange for Asham if Detroit held onto 500k of his salary for this year and next?

Tootoo @ 1.4 million for this year and next year for Asham at 1 million just this year. Gives the Rangers another option besides Dorsett to stir the pot a little bit and create some energy. Doesn't cost them a ton as they move Asham whose contract is up at the end of the year which helps Detroit. They save money next year as well not having him on their books and if the Rangers demote him it isn't a huge deal cap-wise.

I would. As long as the stupid train whistles don't follow him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Think removal of the train whistles might be asking too(too) much.

Also would not go for Tootoo. They already have Dorsett to stir the pot and take dumb penalties. If they add another agitator, he needs to be able to provide offense.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

:laugh::laugh:

True that.

I have liked Tootoo for a while. I was hoping they would have signed him when they missed out on Prust. Someone who drives to the net and drives opponents crazy. He has some offensive awareness as well.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I wouldnt.

I see no reason to keep adding term and $1M+ cap hits to the bottom 6. Its an epidemic.

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
The only player bounced around in here that I would be remotely happy with is Wayne Simmonds. Hemsky? Really? The guy is just another over-payed, injury prone, inconsistent waste of super talent. No, of course Simmonds doesn't bring scoring which we lack, but he'll open things up for whoever he plays on a line with. That would provide a spark for sure in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad