Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part III - 11/11 Yakupov willing to be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldn't mind Hemsky, although, and I know this horse has been beaten far too much, I feel the team needs more speed and aggressiveness in the bottom-6 moreso than skill in the top-6. Once Nash comes back, with Callahan and Hagelin playing and Kreider and MZA playing well that's a solid grouping of wingers. They need some players who can instill some fear into opposing defenses and take the load off of Zuccarello. :laugh:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The new one. Isn't that guys name Ka?

And I know this is totally of topic and apologize to all mods ahead of time.
Actually doesn't matter cuz I was. Star Wars kid anyway :laugh: only know things about Stat Trek

But yes, hockey stuff

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Wait until the deadline.

To what? Add more dead weight and **** up this roster even further?

15 players without contracts come July 1st. 15!!! For a team that certainly doesn't look like its built to win a cup this year, they should consider selling off the pieces that management deems not part of the future.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The new one. Isn't that guys name Ka?

And I know this is totally of topic and apologize to all mods ahead of time.

:lol:

You're alright Boyler.

I don't think a trade is imminent but what are the dark horse teams for an MDZ trade? Dallas?

Gogo is sucking royally.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Well, I've never been one who thought we desperately need an offensive defender on the roster. We have enough all-around talent that it's just a matter of keeping a close watch on which D has the hot offensive hand an taking advantage of it. Like right now, that player is McDonagh. For me, Petry is about balancing our D group. And as I've said before, if we bring in a good RD before the end of the season, it means we can make a decision regarding Girardi that isn't "OMG we have no RD on the team! We HAVE to give G whatever he wants!"

I agree about Eberle being a guy more likely to move than Yakupov. The only problem, for me, is that Eberle has only really put up $6m numbers the one time. He's got very good 2nd line numbers outside of that one year. Yet, he'd be brought in here with the expectation of a 1st liner.

That's certainly a fair point. Petry would be a nice cushion in the event that Girardi is traded or walks as a free agent. I do have a hard time seeing them dealing him. In all likelihood, he's the guy they'd want to pair with a guy like Del Zotto.

I think Eberle is a first line talent, and he'd find that gear again on this team. $6M is just a bit north of 2nd line forward territory, and as the cap goes up, it should be even easier to deal with. It's more of a hunch than anything else, but I think that team is sucking the drive out of players. Eberle has never been lazy, or considered a perimeter player, but as that team has continued to flounder at the bottom of the league, he's getting those kinds of labels put on him. Even in a 'down year' last year, he was pacing for better than 60 points.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
To what? Add more dead weight and **** up this roster even further?

15 players without contracts come July 1st. 15!!! For a team that certainly doesn't look like its built to win a cup this year, they should consider selling off the pieces that management deems not part of the future.

Agreed. They should look to sell and see what pieces may be available that they want to keep past this season. Like SJ did last year with Torres.

You're alright Boyler.

I don't think a trade is imminent but what are the dark horse teams for an MDZ trade? Dallas?

Gogo is sucking royally.

Not sure. Dallas has Gonchar and quite a few young d-men. Maybe Colorado? Edmonton? Ottawa? Philly would be ideal but I doubt they trade with eachother.

That's certainly a fair point. Petry would be a nice cushion in the event that Girardi is traded or walks as a free agent. I do have a hard time seeing them dealing him. In all likelihood, he's the guy they'd want to pair with a guy like Del Zotto.

I think Eberle is a first line talent, and he'd find that gear again on this team. $6M is just a bit north of 2nd line forward territory, and as the cap goes up, it should be even easier to deal with. It's more of a hunch than anything else, but I think that team is sucking the drive out of players. Eberle has never been lazy, or considered a perimeter player, but as that team has continued to flounder at the bottom of the league, he's getting those kinds of labels put on him. Even in a 'down year' last year, he was pacing for better than 60 points.

I think the whole team has too many "skill" guys and therefore they are playing too much of a perimeter game.

Vidic15*

The Penguins puck movement last night was mouth watering. I was at the game and they looked super fast moving the puck in the Rangers zone. We need more speed and better puck possession players

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I think Eberle is a good shout, but he would be very expensive assetswise and contract wise. If anyone else from Edmonton I'd be looking at Gagner. If not, I would go for a guy like Marcus Johansson who you might be able to get for a Del Zotto (to answer another poster I think the Caps could be a dark horse for del Zotto, they need a LD that can skate badly) and would definitely be an upgrade.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The Penguins puck movement last night was mouth watering. I was at the game and they looked super fast moving the puck in the Rangers zone. We need more speed and better puck possession players

So, you want the stuff that the team that lost 5-1 has?

I bet they want Lundqvist.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

You're alright Boyler.

Gogo is sucking royally.

Dallas, Philly, Edmonton, Tampa, Washington, Jersey, Florida, Calgary and Winnipeg are all teams who are probably in the market for a top-4 defender. Possibly Minnesota, but their PP is killing it and I doubt they'd want to mess with that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It strange how organizational culture questions seem to follow Scott Howson around. Anyway, I think Eberle is a pipe dream to begin with... just because of his contract. The Rangers would have to move MDZ, Pyatt and Boyle to fit Eberle under the cap. Obviously, we would do that. Why would Edmonton?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So, you want the stuff that the team that lost 5-1 has?

I bet they want Lundqvist.

Exactly. I'm sure there are positives from almost every team in the NHL that other teams like.

NO ****ING WAY TO KAMENSKY. Besides, isn't he retired?

Oh, whoops - misread the title of the new thread. ;)

Oh, didn't think about Kamensky!

Dallas, Philly, Edmonton, Tampa, Washington, Jersey, Florida, Calgary and Winnipeg are all teams who are probably in the market for a top-4 defender. Possibly Minnesota, but their PP is killing it and I doubt they'd want to mess with that.

Tampa and Washington are good ones. Washington again though is in the division. Hard to make deals there. I'd love Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->