Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Is anyone else worried that RNH isn't a first line centerman?

RNH=Legwand?

Both have a lot of similar comparisons.

I'm starting to. I know you're typically a pessimist but I'm starting to doubt what Nuge can bring. His size is definitely working against him.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If the Oilers are trading with Philly it has to finish with including either B. Schenn or S. Couturier.

B. Schenn
L. Schenn
2nd Rnd pick

for

Petry
Yakupov

Does either team bite? (Oilers fans) try to take the homer goggles off for this one.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Getting PHI to stand up and listen to an offer is going to require putting Nurse on the table, regardless of what else we might be offering. I'd be fine moving him given that Marincin and Klefbom look close to being regulars and are both LHD.

They could also use some depth on the LW.

Perron, Petry and Nurse

for

Couturier and Coburn

See how things go from there, but I'd take it a step further and look at moving Eberle for a legit top pairing D.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Getting PHI to stand up and listen to an offer is going to require putting Nurse on the table, regardless of what else we might be offering

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yes, the Flyers coveted Nurse heading into the draft, and would love to have him, but there are other pieces the Oilers can dangle. I believe they also like Eberle a lot. He could be the main piece of a big deal with the Flyers IMO. The question is: what would it take from Philly (realistically) to land Eberle and Petry?

The Schenn boys would both be on the table obviously. What else?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@*************** Protected Tweets 40m40 minutes ago
**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**
Rumors out of Edmonton that a monster trade is brewing with Eastern Conference team #Oilers #IBN

This guy usually is right...

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**
Rumors out of Edmonton that a monster trade is brewing with Eastern Conference team #Oilers #IBN

MacT needing to make sure he takes the pressure off of his boy Eakins.

One has to speculate on which eastern team is struggling enough to make a big deal this early. Philly is the only team I can think of.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
2nd Rnd pick

for

Petry
Yakupov

Does either team bite? (Oilers fans) try to take the homer goggles off for this one.

Asked and answered. B. Schenn is better than Yak now, but Yak's ceiling is higher. Petry is far far better than the other Schenn. A 2nd rounder isn't enough to make up the difference for the steep downgrade in talent on teh part of the Oilers.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**

What's he called before? I've never heard of him.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Asked and answered. B. Schenn is better than Yak now, but Yak's ceiling is higher. Petry is far far better than the other Schenn. A 2nd rounder isn't enough to make up the difference for the steep downgrade in talent on teh part of the Oilers.

How about if Klefbom and Coburn are added?

B. Schenn
L. Schenn
Coburn
2nd

for

Eberle
Petry
Klefbom

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yes, the Flyers coveted Nurse heading into the draft, and would love to have him, but there are other pieces the Oilers can dangle. I believe they also like Eberle a lot. He could be the main piece of a big deal with the Flyers IMO. The question is: what would it take from Philly (realistically) to land Eberle and Petry?

The Schenn boys would both be on the table obviously. What else?

Adding another RWer doesnt make much sense for them. They have Voracek and Simmonds as their top 6. Don't believe either of those guys can switch to the left. Only makes sense if one of them is headed back to us, which doesnt make a lot of sense IMO.

Just saying that if you want to get their attention, moving Nurse would probably do it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**

A monster trade would probably involve one of the "core", right? Yak? Eberle? Schultz? Nevermind, not trading Norris potential.

So, Yak or Eberle. Should be Eberle (could probably get a higher return), but will likely be Yakupov.

EDIT - considering the large amount of chatter around Philly and Edmonton last season, and the scouting of our club by the Leafs (and the Eakins connection), I see it being one of those teams.

I'm still hoping my Eberle and Petry for Campbell and Bjugstad from Florida happens. Fills our two biggest holes by moving Eberle, how isn't exactly replaceable from within, but might be easier to replace in the long term than it would be to get the types of guys we would be bringing in.

Hall - Nuge - Yakupov
Perron - Bjugstad - Purcell
Pouliot - Drasaitl - Arcobello
Hendricks - Gordon - Gazdic/Joensuu

Campbell - Fayne
Marincin - Schultz
Ference - Nikitin
Hunt/Klefbom

Or something along those lines anyway. Perhaps swap Yak and Arcobello, Arco and Hall played well together last year and Yak plays well with Drai. Or send Drai back to junior, put Arco at 3C and bump Joensuu to that line.

Last edited:

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Adding another RWer doesnt make much sense for them. They have Voracek and Simmonds as their top 6. Don't believe either of those guys can switch to the left. Only makes sense if one of them is headed back to us, which doesnt make a lot of sense IMO.

Just saying that if you want to get their attention, moving Nurse would probably do it.

Voracek can play left. He did periodically when Jagr was on the Flyers.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
MacT needing to make sure he takes the pressure off of his boy Eakins.

One has to speculate on which eastern team is struggling enough to make a big deal this early. Philly is the only team I can think of.

I don't think they are panicing. They struggled even worse to start last season. They'll be fine.

TOR could make sense too. Expectations are high there. We need D and I could see MacT taking a shot for Phaneuf (ugh!).

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
He calls a lot of stuff in the sports world. Lots of MLB, NBA stuff.

He has been correct on a few hockey things in the past most recently the Leddy and Boychuk to the Islanders.

Did he call those or did he do what a lot of Twitter "insiders" do and simply report what other people have said and called it their own? Hard to take a guy seriously who doesn't even have a public twitter profile.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
TOR could make sense too. Expectations are high there. We need D and I could see MacT taking a shot for Phaneuf (ugh!).

Or worse: Bozak.

gagging.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad