Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Stop trying to make Myers and Foligno happen. They're terrible.

Whens the last time you've seen them. One would be tied for 2nd on our team in scoring and the other is a -1 while playing 25minutes a night for the worst team in the league. Hardly what I'd call terrible. You want to see terrible look at the Oilers defence.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Remember that he is saying "rumours out of Edmonton" and not anything imminent or concrete. For all we know these rumours out of Edmonton could just be media people speculating...

Like how Rishaug mentioned today on 1260 that if Edmonton does not turn it around on this home stand that MacT will most definitely make some moves... He did say nothing major though because Edmonton's management did not expect them to be a playoff team this year so they are not going to get irrational on the trade front.

Finally Shauggy also said that he is hearing from his Edmonton sources that the trade front is SUPER quiet around the league because most teams still want to see what they have.

Rishaug hasn't broken Oilers news since MacT replaced Tambo.

He's always 2nd or 3rd to report something these days.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Myers isn't terrible, he's bounced back in the last couple of years.

If that's so, why would they trade him? Seems to me a 6'8" 24 year old D is the kind of thing a rebuilding team would want to keep as a cornerstone of their blueline. If they are willing to deal him, they've obviously determined he's not that player.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Um, so this Bob guy tweeted earlier this morning that someone was getting suspended and then the Voynov news came out.

Looking at his tweets he's definitely a fanboi type of media guy but not out of the question that he does have some sources.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Whens the last time you've seen them. One would be tied for 2nd on our team in scoring and the other is a -1 while playing 25minutes a night for the worst team in the league. Hardly what I'd call terrible. You want to see terrible look at the Oilers defence.

Yes Foligino is definitely going to continue to shoot at 25% and Myers is definitely a future Norris winner, that's why Buffalo is shopping him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If that's so, why would they trade him? Seems to me a 6'8" 24 year old D is the kind of thing a rebuilding team would want to keep as a cornerstone of their blueline. If they are willing to deal him, they've obviously determined he's not that player.
Unless Buffalo is targeting one of the dmen in this draft to replace Myers.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Ristolainen, Pysyc, Zadorov buffalo is stacked with young D men.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Trading Yak would be the biggest mistake this team could make. We couldn't possibly trade one of our Canadian golden boys right?

Agreed on Yak, no way I trade him until he has a competent coach. We have very little idea what kind of player he can be.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Um, so this Bob guy tweeted earlier this morning that someone was getting suspended and then the Voynov news came out.

Looking at his tweets he's definitely a fanboi type of media guy but not out of the question that he does have some sources.

His twitter account is censored on HF for a reason. He is a fraud.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
James Reimer?

I hope MacT realizes that goalies who have not been #1 goalies for a established amount of time do not hold much value, think of the Bernier trade that got him to Toronto... I think it was like Scrivens and a 2nd? Or something like that..

The only way I want Edmonton trading for Reimer is if one of our goalies and a mediocre prospect/pick is the return.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
His twitter account is censored on HF for a reason. He is a fraud.

I wouldn't go as far to call him a fraud, just because he has a track record of breaking trades. I would say he is better than Eklund but worse than any of the big boys like Mckenzie or Freidman.

This being said, I'm pretty sure he was throwing out rumours like crazy last year between Philly and Edmonton, but a lot of people were too... I wonder if there was any fire to all that smoke last year?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
We already have 4 young dmen in Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin and Schultz. I don't see us adding another youngster like Gardiner or Gudbranson.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yes Foligino is definitely going to continue to shoot at 25% and Myers is definitely a future Norris winner, that's why Buffalo is shopping him.

There not even really shopping him. From my understanding there willing to move him for a young top line winger. We have those in spades and need d. It's a trade that makes sense if were sending back Petry and with what Buffalo has coming up through the system

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I wouldn't go as far to call him a fraud, just because he has a track record of breaking trades. I would say he is better than Eklund but worse than any of the big boys like Mckenzie or Freidman.

This being said, I'm pretty sure he was throwing out rumours like crazy last year between Philly and Edmonton, but a lot of people were too... I wonder if there was any fire to all that smoke last year?

Do you know any moves in the hockey world he has actually broken that weren't previous reported by someone else?

IB is an unapproved source on HF. I am not sure what he did to get his twitter censored. But it is censored nonetheless

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Gudbranson is horrible. He's been living off of "potential" and draft position. Bjugstad would be a good 3C but I wouldn't give up an Eberle or Yakupov for him.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I still maintain that a legit top pairing D should be the only player that we should move a core guy for. Myers, Gardiner, Gudbranson, none of those guys fit the bill.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Do you know any moves in the hockey world he has actually broken that weren't previous reported by someone else?

IB is an unapproved source on HF. I am not sure what he did to get his twitter censored. But it is censored nonetheless

His twitter is way too busy to try and dig it up, but I am fairly positive that he broke the Leddy and Boychuk trades to NYI before anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad