Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Ok then who plays wing on line 3... Gazdic... Hendricks... Joensuu?

The team possibly has some decent secondary scoring depth now (I say possibly because we haven't really seen it yet because the entire team is crap so far)... so we want the Oilers to go trading away that depth and go back to being a team that's easy to shutdown if opponents focus entirely on the top 2 lines?

The bottom 6 becomes an offensive wasteland yet again... we've seen that same story play out many times in the past.

We go with the traditional 2 scoring lines, 1 checking line, 1 energy line. Very few teams in this league use all 4 lines equally. Let's face it, we're not the Blackhawks. Our lines would be:

Hall-new center-Eberle
Purcell/Yakupov-RNH-Purcell/Yakupov
Pouliot-Gordon-Hendricks
Joensuu-Arcobello-Pinzotto

Next season would look like this:

Hall-new center-Eberle
UFA-RNH-Yakupov
Pouliout-Draisaitl-UFA
Hendricks-Gordon-Pitlick

UFA to target for LW would be Nick Foligno, for RW would be Chris Stewart.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
For those pointing to Schenn's season as reason not to trade Perron for him, tell me how Perron has been this season?

Trading Perron for Schenn would negate any fleecing that MacT did to get Perron in the first place. Actually I think its a downgrade. I wouldn't trade MPS+2nd for Schenn. I'd do something around Schenn and Klefbom but thats as high as I'd go. The guy is WAY overrated on this board.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
We go with the traditional 2 scoring lines, 1 checking line, 1 energy line. Very few teams in this league use all 4 lines equally. Let's face it, we're not the Blackhawks. Our lines would be:

Hall-new center-Eberle
Pouliot-Gordon-Hendricks

Hall-new center-Eberle
UFA-RNH-Yakupov
Pouliout-Draisaitl-UFA
Hendricks-Gordon-Pitlick

Sigh so essentially the exact same lineup next year... I'd love Foligno but how do you think Stewart helps us?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
^^^ that lineup is missing Purcell, who is under contract for this year and next year.

Stewart is terrible. I wouldn't trade Katz's kid's ginger hair clippings for him.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
People gotta stop using Klefbom in their ludicrious trades. This is a guy who cant even crack the roster of the worst defense in the league.

All of a sudden he is worth Helm straight up or Schenn etc....and then Oil fans act confused when everyone says we are valuing our assets too highly.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
The sad thing is if we hadn't already been so bad for so long, a full re-build would actually seem like a decent idea. Dump Eberle/Perron/Petry/Schultz for picks.

Build around RNH, Draisaitl, Hall, Yakupov Klefbom, Marincin, Nurse and our 1st round pick this year. It would actually probably work out better too since we have some young dmen in the system who could start making an impact in 2-3 years.

Cultra

No, not vengeance. Punishment.
Jun 15, 2010
People gotta stop using Klefbom in their ludicrious trades. This is a guy who cant even crack the roster of the worst defense in the league.

All of a sudden he is worth Helm straight up or Schenn etc....and then Oil fans act confused when everyone says we are valuing our assets too highly.

This isn't a case of not being able to crack the roster, this is a case of idiots like Eakins & MacT playing guys like Hunt & Ference instead. Ference gets his spot no matter what because these same idiots think he's a model captain, yet he's a terrible hockey player. Hunt doesn't belong here outside of his shot and he's been gifted a spot as well.

We'd probably have seen some semblance of improvement if we'd just started the year with Marincin & Klefbom instead of some of the usual garbage players.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Hall-new center-Eberle
Pouliot-Gordon-Hendricks

Hall-new center-Eberle
UFA-RNH-Yakupov
Pouliout-Draisaitl-UFA
Hendricks-Gordon-Pitlick

It doesn't matter what you do to our forwards. If our top 6 defence men are Nikitin, Fayne, Petry, Ference, Marincin, Schultz were not going anywhere.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

I'd throw in a 2nd with Klefbom to land Helm or Arcobello+Klefbom for Helm.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
This isn't a case of not being able to crack the roster, this is a case of idiots like Eakins & MacT playing guys like Hunt & Ference instead. Ference gets his spot no matter what because these same idiots think he's a model captain, yet he's a terrible hockey player. Hunt doesn't belong here outside of his shot and he's been gifted a spot as well.

We'd probably have seen some semblance of improvement if we'd just started the year with Marincin & Klefbom instead of some of the usual garbage players.

Yes I agree Hunt Ference suck but Klefbom is not worth Helm straight up....nor is he even worth Schenn.

Right now hes an injury prone unproven entity and no one is going to give away a perfectly good asset for no reason.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

All our dmen beside Schultz play the same game. Considering the type of game we want to play we absolutely need to get a few more PMD.

Cultra

Jun 15, 2010
All our dmen beside Schultz play the same game. Considering the type of game we want to play we absolutely need to get a few more PMD.

I'd like to think we'd grab PMD that aren't useless defensively like Schultz is.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
^^^ that lineup is missing Purcell, who is under contract for this year and next year.

Stewart is terrible. I wouldn't trade Katz's kid's ginger hair clippings for him.

Purcell would either still be in the lineup on the third line or bought out depending on his play this year.

Stewart is the mandatory, lazy, big player that we must have (ex.Penner, Purcell)
I was just using Stewart as an example, there's also Stafford available as a UFA this offseason....

Getting a couple wingers to compliment Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Pouliot shouldn't be difficult.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It doesn't matter what you do to our forwards. If our top 6 defence men are Nikitin, Fayne, Petry, Ference, Marincin, Schultz were not going anywhere.

Pending any trades our top six for next year will probably be Schultz, Fayne, Klefbom, Nikitin, Marincin and Nurse (Please let ference be the 7th). Very heavy on the inexperience. So you're completely right, we're not going anywhere. Plus the UFA crop for defenceman next year is very weak. Boychuck, Erhoff and Staal are the cream of the crop.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'd like to think we'd grab PMD that aren't useless defensively like Schultz is.

Schultz is just bad in general. He's not great offensively either. Now in saying that I'd keep him and try and add any of Myers, Yandle, Green, etc... this year. IMO we still need the same thing we needed the last 5 years... a top pairing LHD and RHD. Imagine if we could land Myers and Staal over the next year. It would completely change the look of our d.

Staal-Myers
Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Fayne
UFA

Honestly for me I don't care who we have to trade but we absolutely need to land two top pairing d even if it costs us Nurse or one of our big forwards not names Hall. A team this bad should have no untouchables.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes I agree Hunt Ference suck but Klefbom is not worth Helm straight up....nor is he even worth Schenn.

Right now hes an injury prone unproven entity and no one is going to give away a perfectly good asset for no reason.

I like how you use 'he's injury prone' to devalue Klefbom...when the proposal is for possibly the most injury prone player in the NHL this side of Lupul...

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

Ya think... Helm is an injury prone third liner.... Schenn might be a bit tougher to pry away but they aren't ridiculous trade suggestions. You make Klefbom sound like chopped liver. He is a highly thought of d prospect. I personally wouldn't trade him for the players suggested but patience is pretty thin these days. Don't be ****** MacT.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I like how you use 'he's injury prone' to devalue Klefbom...when the proposal is for possibly the most injury prone player in the NHL this side of Lupul...

So you feel an injury prone player on one of the best teams in the league that is a proven NHLr is worth an injury prone prospect with no track record or history from one of the worst teams in the league.

Heres a word to the wise....if Klefbom is to be traded he should be getting games in the big boy club to show his value against grownups.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall - Couture - Yakupov
Pouliot - RNH - Purcell
Roy - Gordon - Draisaitl
Pinizotto - Hendricks - Joensuu
Gazdic

Josi - Fayne
Marincin - Methot
Nikitin - Schultz
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

To Nashville
David Perron
Jeff Petry
2015 3rd Rounder

To Edmonton
Roman Josi
Derrick Roy

--------------------------------

To San Jose
Jordan Eberle
2015 2nd Rounder

To Edmonton
Logan Couture

-------------------------------

To Ottawa
Mark Arcobello
Davis Musil
2015 5th Rounder

To Edmonton
Mark Methot

Cultra

Jun 15, 2010
Schultz is just bad in general. He's not great offensively either. Now in saying that I'd keep him and try and add any of Myers, Yandle, Green, etc... this year. IMO we still need the same thing we needed the last 5 years... a top pairing LHD and RHD. Imagine if we could land Myers and Staal over the next year. It would completely change the look of our d.

Staal-Myers
Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Fayne
UFA

Honestly for me I don't care who we have to trade but we absolutely need to land two top pairing d even if it costs us Nurse or one of our big forwards not names Hall. A team this bad should have no untouchables.

I'd rather make a trade for Josi, pray we can sign a guy like Boychuk and get rid of our dead weight like Ference & Schultz. We need quality players, not one trick ponies who even suck at their one trick pony job.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'd rather make a trade for Josi, pray we can sign a guy like Boychuk and get rid of our dead weight like Ference & Schultz. We need quality players, not one trick ponies who even suck at their one trick pony job.

Josi won't be traded, we'd have an easier time trying to get Jones from them.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I think Eberle to Buffalo or Florida.
EDM
Myers
Grigorenko

Buffalo
Eberle

Florida
Eberle
Musil

Bjudstad
Petrovic
Pirri

PHI seems to really want a top line left winger and dman so
Petry
Eberle

Couturier
Grossman
Can move Marincin to the right side he still plays good there.

I wish that MacT would paid what ever the cost was for Boychuk he would of been perfect. I wanted EDM to trade for him then flip Petry for the centreman depth that we needed. I would of given this years 2nd and the following years 2nd and a prospect for him.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

One trick pony?

So what will you say when Schultz is walking off the awards stage with his first of multiple Norris trophies? :)

MacT knows he's the goods and we know he's too BOLD to be wrong... plus Lowe has six rings.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Trading Perron for Schenn would negate any fleecing that MacT did to get Perron in the first place. Actually I think its a downgrade. I wouldn't trade MPS+2nd for Schenn. I'd do something around Schenn and Klefbom but thats as high as I'd go. The guy is WAY overrated on this board.

You wouldn't deal MPS and a 2nd for Schenn? Good for your I guess. Schenn has balls and a top 6 skill set, that's not an easy combination to come across in this league and especially on this team.

His physicality changes the look of our team, we could play him with our 2 least physical players not named Purcell in Hall and Eberle and then play RNH with Purcell and Yak which would give him a couple of wingers that can win board battles and keep a cycle going. Perron is a good player, but Schenn's versatility and toughness is needed on this team in a big way.

Example:

Edler drills Hall for the 6,743,999th time, Eberle looks at his skates while Schenn lines Edler up and runs him through the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad