Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Did he call those or did he do what a lot of Twitter "insiders" do and simply report what other people have said and called it their own? Hard to take a guy seriously who doesn't even have a public twitter profile.

He had the odd hockey thing right in the past, but it's not his main sport. He seems to fling a lot of crap too.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
The Oilers are only going to get a nice return if anyone of is involved:

Taylor Hall
RNH
Jordan Eberle
2015 1st round pick

Eberle please. He's regressing from his junior year. Trade him while he has high value, and to think we could have had johansen or Seguin for the guy.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@*************** Protected Tweets 40m40 minutes ago
**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**
Rumors out of Edmonton that a monster trade is brewing with Eastern Conference team #Oilers #IBN

This guy usually is right...

My memory is shaky on this. I don't remember how far back, or who was supposedly involved, but I thought I remember us getting excited about a post like this from him not too long ago and nothing happened.

Am I imagining that, or can anyone else back me up on that?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Eberle please. He's regressing from his junior year. Trade him while he has high value, and to think we could have had johansen or Seguin for the guy.

On Seguin, didn't boston consider, but turn down the offer of Hemsky and Eberle?

On RJO, I remembering hearing a rumour that Eberle was the asking price, but not sure if it was Eberle +?

In that case I can't blame the Oilers. RJO was far from a sure thing, and Eberle looked like a lock to be a scoring threat in the NHL. I think he still is in the right system.

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
Id say "Bob" is most famous for being the first to break the Peyton Manning to Denver talks.

He is definitely an interesting follow on twitter.

Hockey is second nature to him but he knows his New York Islanders tidbits and definitely has some sort of ins.

He doesn't bat 100% but he has some validity

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
What are the chances FLA moves Gudbranson for scoring help? Getting him and Bjugstad would be great.

Does Eberle and Nurse get you there?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Id say "Bob" is most famous for being the first to break the Peyton Manning to Denver talks.

Hockey is second nature to him but he knows his New York Islanders tidbits and definitely has some sort of ins.

He is a huge Isles fan. He hates the Rangers and called Lundqvist the Queen lol.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

Remember that he is saying "rumours out of Edmonton" and not anything imminent or concrete. For all we know these rumours out of Edmonton could just be media people speculating...

Like how Rishaug mentioned today on 1260 that if Edmonton does not turn it around on this home stand that MacT will most definitely make some moves... He did say nothing major though because Edmonton's management did not expect them to be a playoff team this year so they are not going to get irrational on the trade front.

Finally Shauggy also said that he is hearing from his Edmonton sources that the trade front is SUPER quiet around the league because most teams still want to see what they have.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
If we're making a big trade I hope we are getting proven players back.. Everyone seems to go nuts over potential.. We need strong vets that we know can play, especially one in the top 6 and a top D. No more picks or prospects please

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005

Islanders connections fit the bill for an Eastern Conference team. They are playing well right now, but if EDM is offering up big pieces, maybe they'd still be willing to listen. Still think Reinhart is a guy we'd chase. And with Nelson and Strome producing at C, maybe they'd consider moving Nielson now for an upgrade on the wings.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
What are the chances FLA moves Gudbranson for scoring help?

I think that is realistic. Something around Gudbranson and Yakupov or Eberle being the main principles is feasible IMO.

Getting him and Bjugstad would be great.

I think that's expecting way too much.

Does Eberle and Nurse get you there?

Eberle and Nurse for Gudbranson and Bjugstad is fairly close in "value" but the Oilers would need to add. Gudbranson is proven while Nurse is not. Eberle is a better sniper than Bjugstad but the big fella brings a lot more to the table.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I don't think they are panicing. They struggled even worse to start last season. They'll be fine.

TOR could make sense too. Expectations are high there. We need D and I could see MacT taking a shot for Phaneuf (ugh!).

I'd say Gardiner and Kadri if it is the Leafs. Gardiner has been a scratch again and Kadri is a potential 2nd line center. What we would be giving up is anyones guess.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I could see something like this.

To Buffalo: Yakupov/Eberle, Petry

To Edmonton: Myers, Foligno, NYI's 1st

I think thats a fairly big trade to shakeup the team.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I could see something like this.

To Buffalo: Yakupov/Eberle, Petry

To Edmonton: Myers, Foligno, NYI's 1st

I think thats a fairly big trade to shakeup the team.

Stop trying to make Myers and Foligno happen. They're terrible.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gudbranson for a pick maybe, but otherwise it would be a mistake. Injury prone defensive d-man who was a mistake from day one.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Moar magic beans!

Inexperienced players aren't ideal, I agree. But I don't see a lot else out there right now. If MacT is looking to make an actual hockey trade, he will likely have to wait until later in the season. Unlike the Oilers, most non-playoff teams haven't been eliminated from playoff contention until January or so. We have a few months of waiting for other teams to catch up.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I hope, pray and beg that MacT does not trade some one like Eberle/Yakupov for a package where Eberle/Yak are the best player in the deal...

I would rather see Edm add to Ebs/Yak to get a more proven player.

I also think that Edmonton should consider moving one or two of their defensive prospects before throwing Eberle out there..

Right now they have Marcinin, Klefbom and Nurse coming up in the ranks. Next year all three of these guys should play in the NHL... Edmonton currently does not have room for all three of them and they should not be trading away proven NHL defence men at this point..

One of those three needs to go.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Stop trying to make Myers and Foligno happen. They're terrible.

Myers isn't terrible, he's bounced back in the last couple of years. He certainly isn't worth what Buffalo fans would want. Foligno is a 4th liner who Buffalo fans think will be a 2nd liner, so same thing with him, he'd be good to have, but not for anywhere near what Buffalo fans seem to think he should return.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think that is realistic. Something around Gudbranson and Yakupov or Eberle being the main principles is feasible IMO.

I think that's expecting way too much.

Eberle and Nurse for Gudbranson and Bjugstad is fairly close in "value" but the Oilers would need to add. Gudbranson is proven while Nurse is not. Eberle is a better sniper than Bjugstad but the big fella brings a lot more to the table.

Gudbranson hasn't done much at the NHL, which is why he might be available in the first place. Bjugstad has some interesting tools, but at this point is mostly potential. Eberle might have some flaws, but you know he is going to bring the offense in a way that neither of Florida's pieces will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad