Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Continue here

---

PETRY NOT LONG FOR THE OILERS?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1751853

Saw it from Darren Dreger earlier today but figured it was just overreaction based on him being a healthy scratch today, but now that others are chiming in.

Elliotte Friedman, via Chris Nichols

From Insider Trading, via 25stanley.com
http://25stanley.com/insider-tradin...athan-horton-marc-methot-et-sam-reinhart.html

my translation

I'm guessing it could be a lot like last year's Ladislav Smid deal where Edmonton gets back a LOT less then they could have if they'd pulled the trigger earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I said 80% of fans, the guys on hf aren't your average fan.

And we've all seen him go out of position to make hits, make bad piches, etc.... I acknowledge that he makes these mistakes and some posters don't.

He just seems to know what the Oilers are all about. Petry is likely being punished for his good play. Oilers will look bad to the fans if he is obviously playing well and we refuse to give him Nikitin money (after the fans see Nikitin outperformed by Petry at the same time) on another deal. There is a fine balance the Oilers always aim for between devaluing the asset enough that the average fan is OK with the player leaving and still getting at least a below average return in a trade.

Then trade one of them for a coveted center.

It's like you're allergic to depth at D or something (which is still atriocious by the way)

Because they want to get rid of him.

Your regard for his abilities doesn't match up with the way the Oiler's are treating him. They made no effort to sign him up beyond this year, he's playing bottom pairing minutes to start the season, and is already a healthy scratch by the 3rd game of the season.

No, that electrifying game is what makes him such an intriguing prospect. He's got the full package. Guys like Subban and Doughty (more so in his first few years) get in trouble every so often because they're everywhere on the ice. I'm not saying Nurse is going to be as good as those guys, but you can play that game and still be settled defensively. That comes with experience and maturity.

You don't develop guys with that skillset to just play defense.

some quotes from the end of the last thread.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
We are screwed... Petry is probably fed up with the organization and is going to walk at the end of the season in free agency..I have a feeling that it was Petry who wanted the 1 year deal this summer and not Edmonton... Edmonton is going to trade him at the deadline or just before for a draft pick like Dreger said.

Nice asset management Edmonton, lose your best defence man for basically nothing...

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
no better way to boost a player you want to trades value by sitting him (when he was the best defenceman on the ice) and making him so bitter to the point he demands a trade.

cause we have gotten great value for disgruntled dmen in the past

MPStoEberletoHall*

Crossing my fingers that a package of Eberle and Petry is traded. This team needs a major shake up

I'd love a deal like this

To Philly
Eberle
Petry
Gernat
1st in 2015 (top 3 protected)

To Edmonton:
Simmonds
Couturier
Rinaldo

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Purcell-Draisatl-Yakupov
Perron-Couturier-Pouliot
Rinaldo-Gordon-Joensuu
Hendricks/Gazdic

Fayne-Nikitin
Schultz-Klefbom
Ference-Marincin
Hunt/Nurse

:yo:

vocks10

Jan 28, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Its it wrong that I'm more turning into a fan ex-oiler players than of the actual oilers? Was happy for hemsky to get a new start and cheered for him. Will be the same for petry once he's dealt. Want them to shove it in the managements face with the decisions being made.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I want to hear more from buddy.

giphy.gif

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Petry is overrated around here.

I was a fan when he showed potential early in his career, but after all these years he has still not put it together. How long are we going to wait for this guy to become consistent? I'm afraid this might turn into another Dubnyk/Gagner situation.

If he doesn't show progression this season, then he should be dealt.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Crossing my fingers that a package of Eberle and Petry is traded. This team needs a major shake up

To Philly
Eberle
Petry
Gernat

To Edmonton:
Simmonds
Couturier
Rinaldo

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Purcell-Draisatl-Yakupov
Perron-Couturier-Pouliot
Rinaldo-Gordon-Joensuu
Hendricks/Gazdic

Fayne-Nikitin
Schultz-Klefbom
Ference-Marincin
Hunt/Nurse

:yo:

So what are you giving the first round pick for...Rinaldo?
Eberle is certainly worth Couturier, Petry is worth Simmonds.....

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Petry is overrated around here.

I was a fan when he showed potential early in his career, but after all these years he has still not put it together. How long are we going to wait for this guy to become consistent? I'm afraid this might turn into another Dubnyk/Gagner situation.

If he doesn't show progression this season, then he should be dealt.

He's their best and most consistent defenseman. :shakehead

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Never was a big fan of Petry. Didn't think any of our dmen stood out against Vancouver either.

Petry was gone as soon as that contract was signed. Hopefully we can get something useful for him.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie

I think the only fair deal with Philly and Edmonton would be something like…

Eberle + Marincin/Klefbom/Petry for B. Schenn + Simmonds

Don't know if I would do it but wouldn't be mad if something like this happened.

BigBush*

You have to add a 1rst so that Philly accepts. Even then they don't do it

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

To Philly
Eberle
Petry
Gernat

To Edmonton:
Simmonds
Couturier
Rinaldo

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Purcell-Draisatl-Yakupov