Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
You wouldn't deal MPS and a 2nd for Schenn? Good for your I guess. Schenn has balls and a top 6 skill set, that's not an easy combination to come across in this league and especially on this team.

His physicality changes the look of our team, we could play him with our 2 least physical players not named Purcell in Hall and Eberle and then play RNH with Purcell and Yak which would give him a couple of wingers that can win board battles and keep a cycle going. Perron is a good player, but Schenn's versatility and toughness is needed on this team in a big way.

Example:

Edler drills Hall for the 6,743,999th time, Eberle looks at his skates while Schenn lines Edler up and runs him through the boards.

Or my favorite RNH getting his back rearranged and then the Sedins not seeing so much as a slap on the wrist that game and the next.

What ever happened to they hit our first line centre we annihilate theirs?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Or my favorite RNH getting his back rearranged and then the Sedins not seeing so much as a slap on the wrist that game and the next.

What ever happened to they hit our first line centre we annihilate theirs?

That's what's been going on, adding the Schenn's would mean that we'd have a couple of guys that are willing to play dirt for dirt. We don't have much of that on our team, the more of it that we have the less likely that teams will instigate this kind of **** with us. Schenn could play against the Sedin's and he could catch up to Bieksa, Edler and Hamhuis to dish out big hits.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You wouldn't deal MPS and a 2nd for Schenn? Good for your I guess. Schenn has balls and a top 6 skill set, that's not an easy combination to come across in this league and especially on this team.

His physicality changes the look of our team, we could play him with our 2 least physical players not named Purcell in Hall and Eberle and then play RNH with Purcell and Yak which would give him a couple of wingers that can win board battles and keep a cycle going. Perron is a good player, but Schenn's versatility and toughness is needed on this team in a big way.

Example:

Edler drills Hall for the 6,743,999th time, Eberle looks at his skates while Schenn lines Edler up and runs him through the boards.

Schenn has top 6 skill like Gagner had top 6 skill. Guy is way overrated as a center. He can't win faceoffs, is lost in the defensive zone, and doesn't have great size. So what he throws checks and can put up 40 points. Considering where the Oilers pick most of the time MPS+2nd would be to much. I'd do MPS plus something small or the 2nd and something small, nothing more.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
What would you guys think about these two trades. It seems unlikely Petry is going to resign and trading Eberle hurts but I think this could make us a better team.

Edm: Eberle + Petry @ 50% + Arcobello/Lander + may need a pick or prospect

for

Bos: Soderberg + Eriksson + Mcquaid + Subban

Edm: Ferrence( if he waives)/Nikitin straight up or One of Osterle/Simpson/Gernat/Musil + 2016 2nd + Ott 2015 3rd back

Ott: Methot

Hall ——— RNH ——— Purcell
Perron — Soderberg — Eriksson
Pouliot —— Draisaitl —— Yakupov
Joensuu — Gordon — Hendricks

Methot — J. Schultz
Marincin — Fayne
Ferrence — Mcquaid

Taking a risk with Soderberg, Mcquaid and Methot being UFA's but bringing in the three of them and Eriksson could help us, hopegully Eakins gets canned and we make the season half way respectable. Him and Eriksson seem to be clicking and if we offer him a healthy extension he might agree to stay. Same with Methot, we get a few months to make sure he isn't going to fall apart and if his body and play hold up try and get an extension done and if not trade him at the deadline.
Mcquaid brings some toughness to the bottom pairing and he is a half decent hockey player. If he shows well and signs it's good if he walks in UFA it's not a huge deal. Plus we add a good young goalie to the system who is tracking very well in Subban.

All this is just fantasy though because I think we should fire Eakins before making any drastic personnel moves but I think these two trades could add some defensive acumen, size, experience and toughness to the lineup,

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Edmonton won't get fair value at all for Petry. Another season down the drain. We have severe holes and whatever we get for Petry will only make this team worse.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm with you BBO... this team definitely needs more toughness.

I think a good old bench clearing brawl of a game would bring the team together more than winning a Corsi battle or another round of frolicking in swarm formations while the opponent continuously rams the team onto the IR.

Honestly I think not having that physicality and grit in the lineup and not having guys willing to smash faces and deliver crushing hits for their teammates is a big part of the funk this team is in... probably a lot bigger factor than many think.

I could be convinced to add the Schenns after thinking about that potential impact but I'm still not big on unloading Perron.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Pinizzotto SHOULD have been in the lineup vs Vancouver... no damn doubt about it... and I can't wait till Gazdic is back.

The Oilers are a soft team to play against... teams circle those games on the calendar as they know they are going to get an easy night out there as long as they can manage to weather the "swarm". :)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2013
Pinizzotto SHOULD have been in the lineup vs Vancouver... no damn doubt about it... and I can't wait till Gazdic is back.

The Oilers are a soft team to play against... teams circle those games on the calendar as they know they are going to get an easy night out there as long as they can manage to weather the "swarm". :)

Tell it to the coach...

He seems clueless, even compared to the majority of the people posting on these boards.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Tweet to Eakins. Have your profile pic be of Eakins with a halo and he might listen to your pleas

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Our 12th forward isn't going to determine if we are soft/tough to play against. We sound like the maple leafs arguing about fourth liners while completely ignoring the real problems.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
The Oilers still have to learn how to prevent goals, before they can be let loose and score more. They need a Bergeron type top 1/2 centre, that can show how to play both sides of the play. How many players are like Bergeron??? I believe that RNH can be the next Bergeron, but he doesn't have someone to help guide him. The Oilers need a top 4 shot from the point on D, not necessarily a 2 way defender (his partner should be a shut down guy). This guy could be Schultz, and his partner be Nikitin.
There seems to be the right mix of players on this team, but not old enough to grasp the NHL game and taught well enough by the coaches.
The answer to all of this problem is fix the biggest issue on the ice and the biggest issue in the room. A better 1/2 centreman and a proven coach....Bergeron and Babcock, you get these guys and you improve that second. The only issue is that every other NHL team would love those two guys as well.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The Oilers still have to learn how to prevent goals, before they can be let loose and score more. They need a Bergeron type top 1/2 centre, that can show how to play both sides of the play. How many players are like Bergeron??? I believe that RNH can be the next Bergeron, but he doesn't have someone to help guide him.

I think Draisaitl has a better chance of becoming a Bergeron or Kopitar type than Nugent-Hopkins does. Give Leon time, he's already impressed me with his 2-way play on multiple occasions. And he's still a baby.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I think Draisaitl has a better chance of becoming a Bergeron or Kopitar type than Nugent-Hopkins does. Give Leon time, he's already impressed me with his 2-way play on multiple occasions. And he's still a baby.

I see Kopitar in Draisaitl, and Bergeron in RNH.... that would be somthing to have. I would take Bergeron and Kopitar as my top 2 centers over Malkin and Crosby every day. The playoffs back this up.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
Typically in this position, the only teams the Oilers can trade with are Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Florida, Winnipeg, Philly. Sell low teams.
Some of the top teams may have an injury in the top 6 that may offload some farm depth with upside, what does Chi, SJ and LA farm systems look like?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Typically in this position, the only teams the Oilers can trade with are Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Florida, Winnipeg, Philly. Sell low teams.

Philly is the perfect trading partner for the Oilers IMO. The Flyers need D and a talented scorer. The Oilers have Petry and Yakupov possibly available. The Oilers need better two-way play and a jolt of intensity. There are rumors the Flyers are fielding offers on the Schenn brothers. There is nice potential here. I think the Flyers would love to have Eberle but they might have to settle for Yakupov or Perron.

Pros and Cons

Mar 22, 2007
Atlantic Canada
Philly is the perfect trading partner for the Oilers IMO. The Flyers need D and a talented scorer. The Oilers have Petry and Yakupov possibly available. The Oilers need better two-way play and a jolt of intensity. There are rumors the Flyers are fielding offers on the Schenn brothers. There is nice potential here. I think the Flyers would love to have Eberle but they might have to settle for Yakupov or Perron.

I just want the Oilers to win this next trade at the end of the day (the big - shake-up) and improve. The greater good, so to speak.
It hurts ripping off a band-aid, but less then ripping it off slowly!

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
MacT is clearly making phone calls to find a C so Draisaitl can get out of this dumpsterfire.

Blues won't trade Berglund now that Stastny has a longterm injury.

Best bet might be Brodziak

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

That's a disgusting overpay on Edmonton's part for a decent 2C and a garbage D. Petry and Yak for B. Scehnn and Coburn would be closer in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad