Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Ottawa will finish higher than Buffalo, Arizona, Islanders, Van, Detroit & maybe Carolina, NYR & Montreal regardless of Price & Weber. Both are getting long in the tooth with injury problems, let's see how long they play before they are injured again.

I don't think Toronto needs another centre unless Kadri was coming back the other way. I was thinking Ceci & Boedker for Nylander, Boedker is a cheaper replacement for Nylander & Ceci is the vet D they are looking for to play with Riley or Gardiner. I'd still want a 1st rd pick for Duchene in 2019.
Boedker and Ceci for Nylander is a pretty insulting offer.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm curious what we'd be able to get as a return for Stone; however, ideally he's in our long term plans. How great it would be to trade him and re-sign him in the summer. But the second he goes to a club with normal management, he's never coming back.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm curious what we'd be able to get as a return for Stone; however, ideally he's in our long term plans. How great it would be to trade him and re-sign him in the summer. But the second he goes to a club with normal management, he's never coming back.
We wont get anywhere close to fair value for him,should we trade him.....It will be another valuable piece out the door ,for trinkets...Why??Because the entire league knows what our owner is like

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
We wont get anywhere close to fair value for him,should we trade him.....It will be another valuable piece out the door ,for trinkets...Why??Because the entire league knows what our owner is like
The only option might be Dallas depending on how their lines and season play out. The rumor is their GM wants to make some deal for either Stone or Duchene. Guess we need to start seeing how many scouts are attending games.

Reactions: topshelf15

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What you talking about? Ceci almost returned hart trophy winner Hall before Melnyk allegedly nixed it and Boedker was the cornerstone in a deal for perennial almost 30 goal and 20 posts man Hoffman. That's a suh-weet deal.

That was nothing but a rumour. And like most rumours had very little to actually back it.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I heard that one right from Bryan Murray's mouth FWIW. He never named Hall as the player but the Dreger rumour lines right up with the timeline.

Still doesn't mean anything. Especially the way people talk about how it was a done deal but vetoed by ownership

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
So what does Ceci return? There's gotta be a GM out there that sees Ceci for what he "could be" and not for what he is and is willing to give up a young skilled forward for him.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This could be an interesting option. It would shore up the Panthers D really nicely. They could send us back Petrovic, too.

I was actually joking because that was what Gudbranson was traded for, and there seems to be parallels between Ceci and Gudbranson. Both guys were highly regarded young players at some point, both guys are though to be terrible by a majority of hockey fans but have coaches who have at one point really loved them as top 4 defenders, both guys are RDs and Ceci is a similar age to Gudbranson when he was dealt.

I think I need to work on my sense of humour. :help:

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
So what does Ceci return? There's gotta be a GM out there that sees Ceci for what he "could be" and not for what he is and is willing to give up a young skilled forward for him.

From Arizona: Christian Fischer/Dvorak

From Detroit: Andreas Athanasiou

From Columbus: Boone Jenner

From Florida: Nick Bjugstad/Jared Mcann

From Dallas: Mattias Janmark

From Minnesota: Charlie Coyle/Nino Niederreiter

From Vancouver: Sven Baertschi

From New York: Ryan Spooner

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
From Arizona: Christian Fischer/Dvorak

From Detroit: Andreas Athanasiou

From Columbus: Boone Jenner

From Florida: Nick Bjugstad/Jared Mcann

From Dallas: Mattias Janmark

From Minnesota: Charlie Coyle/Nino Niederreiter

From Vancouver: Sven Baertschi

I'd go for the bolded .. probably more on that list

Reactions: Clayonator

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I was actually joking because that was what Gudbranson was traded for, and there seems to be parallels between Ceci and Gudbranson. Both guys were highly regarded young players at some point, both guys are though to be terrible by a majority of hockey fans but have coaches who have at one point really loved them as top 4 defenders, both guys are RDs and Ceci is a similar age to Gudbranson when he was dealt.

I think I need to work on my sense of humour. :help:

Oh, I understood the allusion. Can I help it if your jokes contain valid, intriguing content that is worth discussion?

God, you're impossible! :sarcasm:

Reactions: danielpalfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad