Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ottawa gave Col a top 5 pick for him.
Yeah but we're the worst run professional sports club in North America. We can't expect every other team to be as reckless with their high end assets. No team will give us a top 5 pick or blue chip prospect for Duchene.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You make it seem like Dorion is capable of acquiring bluechippers from other teams. That doesn’t happen unfortunately.

This is the biggest problem I have with trading them. Both will want to test UFA (I imagine Stone would be more open to staying but if the team doesn't want to sign him he'll want to) so no one will want to pay premium for rentals.

In terms of asset, it is probably far better to hold on to them because we won't get much of anything in return.

If the stars align and we can get a homerun return then you do it ASAP.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We don't need to get a top 5 pick back in a Duchene or Stone trade to get one.

If we trade both, good chance we're a basement team in 2020. Keep both and add in 1 year of development to our young guys and maybe getting lucky on a goalie and were a 8-16 type team.

If we're rebuilding, that's one of the benefits.of a year down.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What teams do you realistically think we can finish above?

The exact order of the bottom 5-8 spots are usually a crapshoot in any given year barring a ridiculous exception (ie: old-school expansion teams, etc...)

I could give you a list of 10 teams that we MIGHT finish ahead of, but it wouldn't matter much at this point in the season - order of standings at the end of each season depend on many variables that we can't predict, all of which apply to every team in the league: progression of youth, decline of veterans, injuries, motivation, mid-season trades, the dreaded "intangibles" factor.

It's why we play the games, my dude. If you could predict the exact final standings every year, why bother having a season at all?

In reseach settings, you run the tests and collect the data even if you have a hypothesis that you think is certain to repeat in your results. Collect the data, then publish your findings afterwards. We still have 78 more control studies to perform.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Absolutely but I think we have a lot more firepower than them.

Still early goings but, on paper, I am not willing to say we are much worse than Montréal.
I think we have more firepower but I wouldn't say 'a lot more'. We have the better top guys, they have better depth. I think their goaltending gives them a huge advantage over us. Price literally gives them a chance to win any game. We're lucky if our guys only let in one weak one a game.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think it's fairly obvious that Stone and Duchene are gone. At this point we need to go full rebuild to have a shot at being a legitimate contender one day.

Trade Stone, Duchene, Dzingel for prospects/picks, roll a 2015 Sabres-quality roster in 2019/2020 to try to pick Lafreniere/Holtz/Byfield, then suck for a couple more years and get a few more potential young stars.

Hopefully we could get lucky like the Leafs and end up selecting 3 young stars like Nylander, Marner and Matthews, then turn it around quickly. Could also end up like the Oilers and suck for 5-7YRs, but it's a risk we're going to have to take at this point.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ottawa will finish higher than Buffalo, Arizona, Islanders, Van, Detroit & maybe Carolina, NYR & Montreal regardless of Price & Weber. Both are getting long in the tooth with injury problems, let's see how long they play before they are injured again.

Duchene for Nylander. Do it.
I don't think Toronto needs another centre unless Kadri was coming back the other way. I was thinking Ceci & Boedker for Nylander, Boedker is a cheaper replacement for Nylander & Ceci is the vet D they are looking for to play with Riley or Gardiner. I'd still want a 1st rd pick for Duchene in 2019.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone making more than 1 million dollars

NDBB96K_d.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Traded by the deadline: Pyatt, Paajarvi, Wideman, Carey, Sexton, Burgdoerfer, JOB, Balisy & maybe McKenna. Duchene is also a real possibility to be traded at the deadline, I think they re-sign Stone, Dzingel & Ceci.

Condon, Pageau, Boro, Boedker & Anderson could all be traded the following yr. Smith & maybe Ryan could be bought out by next season too of they can't be dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad