Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What Sens media is there? Warren, Garrioch, Brennan?? Don't expect the questioning to be all that difficult. May get more interesting if media from across the league is allowed in on this availability. If its just the local guys, we aren't getting much new info.
Oh, I don't think we'll be getting any new info at all. I'm more interested in the spin. And in seeing if Dorion trips himself up trying to put too much spin on something. Just because the 'hard-hitting' questions have no satisfactory answer doesn't mean they can't be elucidating in their own way.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh, I don't think we'll be getting any new info at all. I'm more interested in the spin. And in seeing if Dorion trips himself up trying to put too much spin on something. Just because the 'hard-hitting' questions have no satisfactory answer doesn't mean they can't be elucidating in their own way.
It could be Dorion's "I fired Comey over the Russia stuff" moment.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008

No idea if Simmer is right in regards to the "plan" but it does jive withe the Hoffman trade.

This is 100% true, I've been saying this for a while. They think they're a playoff team next year, and when Karlsson is traded it won't be for picks and prospects, it will be for NHLers in the 23-28 years of age range with $ and term. The mandate is twofold, 1. from Melnyk is to shed salary, 2. from Dorion is to sacrifice future to compete in the short term.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

You are absolutely right. Everytime Dorion talks he says something ridiculous. I am sure today will be no different. Wonder if the EK character assassination begins with this availability??

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
This is the same spineless media that the organization basically called them "fake news" during the town halls while they shut them out from it, and they still didn't have the balls to stand up for themselves.

I expect questions like...

933472.jpg

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is 100% true, I've been saying this for a while. They think they're a playoff team next year, and when Karlsson is traded it won't be for picks and prospects, it will be for NHLers in the 23-28 years of age range with $ and term. The mandate is twofold, 1. from Melnyk is to shed salary, 2. from Dorion is to sacrifice future to compete in the short term.
So literally the worst case scenario.

Reactions: BondraTime

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Do you want Jaros to be our top pairing RD?

I like Karlsson for top pairing.
I like Wideman for 2nd pairing.
I even like Boro more for 2nd pairing.
I also like Kempny
I also like DeHaan
I also like Hickey
I also like Moore
I like Sbisa
I like Cole

Plenty of options to shore up the 2nd pairing. This team is just reluctant in moving its shitty dman until they lose all of their value and are forced to put them aside, see Cowen, Weircioch, Lee etc

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
It's why they're not particularly interested in reclaiming their 1st next year, they think that pick will be in the 20s, or late teens at worst.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

No idea if Simmer is right in regards to the "plan" but it does jive withe the Hoffman trade.

Dorion never had a chance at being a good GM with this kind of meddling from ownership.

I mean, he doesn't seem like a good GM anyways, but even Sam Pollock himself couldn't build a winning team if given Dorion's job.

Everyone wants Dorion gone, and yeah, he probably deserves it, but his replacement is going to have the same marching orders as Dorion did, and probably won't do any better, especially when every other GM knows our limitations and how to play us.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Why? It's not like you can't flip assets for futures if and when it really goes south.

Depends on the assets. Will anything we get back in a Karlsson trade be as valuable (in terms of futures) as Karlsson himself?

This is delaying the inevitable. The last-ditch efforts of a pathetic and oblivious management group.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If there is a mandate to compete next year, we are even more doomed than we thought with regards to trades.

What young players do Ottawa want/need coming back is the question. Is Theodore and Glass a decent starting point to build for the future? Is it too little? Sanheim and Konechny? What's the optimum value to get back in this nightmare scenario. I think Ottawa - if they're smart (lol, I tried to keep a straight face) - could do well in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad