Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
We really need to make a push for Duchene.

I wonder if we could build something around Brassard.

Brassard + Brown + 2nd

Brassard + Chlapik + 1st

Regardless, even if thats not enough and White has to be on the table, having Duchene, Turris, Pageau and Thompson down the middle would be super well balanced. We have the pieces to get this done, and already have one foot in the pool with the win-now mentality, so PD should just bite the bullet and take the plunge.

That group is good enough down the middle to win a cup imo. And until we make a move like this, or say for a guy like Johnny T., then we never going to be a legit contender.

Last edited:

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013

Brassard + Brown + 2nd

Brassard + Chlapik + 1st

Regardless, even if thats not enough and White has to be on the table, having Duchene, Turris, Pageau and Thompson down the middle would be super well balanced. We have the pieces to get this done, and already have one foot in the pool with the win-now mentality, so PD should just bite the bullet and take the plunge.

That group is good enough down the middle to win a cup imo. And until we make a move like this, or say for a guy like Johnny T., then we never going to be a legit contender.

Matt Duchene is absolutely NOT the guy we should sell the farm and more for.

John Tavares is.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Brassard + Brown + 2nd

Brassard + Chlapik + 1st

That's silliness. Why would Brassard want to go to Colorado and why would they want him when they're rebuilding?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That's silliness. Why would Brassard want to go to Colorado and why would they want him when they're rebuilding?

Because they'd get a prospect like Logan Brown and a pick to start their rebuild while getting an adequate replacement for Duchene for now and at the same time that doesn't cost much. They could easily flip Brassard to a contending team in a couple years at the deadline for a solid prospect or a 1rst rounder.

Brassard has a 8 team NTC, who knows who he has on there?? For all we know that list was made years ago.. I would actually doubt that the Avs are on his list. I'm no entirely sure how this works, if he can change his list or not. You may be right though, if he can do his NTC 8 team list again today the Avs would most likely be on there.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Because they'd get a prospect like Logan Brown and a pick to start their rebuild while getting an adequate replacement for Duchene for now and at the same time that doesn't cost much. They could easily flip Brassard to a contending team in a couple years at the deadline for a solid prospect or a 1rst rounder.

Brassard has a 8 team NTC, who knows who he has on there?? For all we know that list was made years ago.. I would actually doubt that the Avs are on his list. I'm no entirely sure how this works, if he can change his list or not. You may be right though, if he can do his NTC 8 team list again today the Avs would most likely be on there.

I believe that players with a NTC can change their list of teams every year before the new season starts.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Is it that silly? To me, it is more of a trade around Logan Brown rather than Brassard.

To key piece of that tradd is Brown, if they are indeed rebuilding.

Brassard would be sell as the quality veteran who is going to help the young gun to become better pros.

Than add what you need.

Listen, i don't think it would work anyway but i don't think it is a out of the field type of proposal.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Matt Duchene is absolutely NOT the guy we should sell the farm and more for.

John Tavares is.

this, anything minus chabot is fair game for me in terms of prospects to get tavares

build around white and a first (as long as we get an extension for tavares first) and add to it

tavares with karlsson would be amazing, instead of duchene who would be nice but over the last few seasons has been what a 55-60 pt forward. We have quite a few similar options in hoffman/turris/stone. Duchene would still be a good add but Im not on board with paying an insane price for him

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Am I missing something? Duchene and Tavares are locked up for 82 before injuries and playoffs how is that even worth white or Brown straight up

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
C-Mac would have told the Senators if he was going to retire...he won't spring it on them at TC.

Senators have been exceptionally supportive and accommodating plus C-Mac strikes me as a stand-up guy who wouldn't leave the team in limbo.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Imagine a PP of:

Stone-Tavares-Hoffman
Karlsson-Chabot

LOL... A man can dream.

You can then have guys like Turris, White, Ryan, MacArthur, Dzingel, Ceci, Phaneuf, etc. on the 2nd unit.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Imagine a PP of:

Stone-Tavares-Hoffman
Karlsson-Chabot

LOL... A man can dream.

You can then have guys like Turris, White, Ryan, MacArthur, Dzingel, Ceci, Phaneuf, etc. on the 2nd unit.

Would be pretty killer if Chabot turns out how we hope and if 2 offensive d man on the blueline works well together. Regardless if he blends well with Karlsson, having 2 offensive d threats to anchor the 2 PP lines would be sick.

Don't see how we get Tavares though and still have Chabot.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't think Duchene is a big enough upgrade on Brassard to justify giving up a 1st and a very good prospect. Then when you consider what Brassard's contract likely allows the Senators to accomplish budget wise, the value further is skewed. It's the type of proposal that neither side would do.

It seems to me like an unremarkable first season has a lot of people underrating Brassard. Maybe he'll come out this year and we'll find out he just can't produce 50 points in the Sens system, but I think after what might be a slow start, it'll become evident that he's better than some people are giving him credit for based on last season.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Is it that silly? To me, it is more of a trade around Logan Brown rather than Brassard.

To key piece of that tradd is Brown, if they are indeed rebuilding.

Brassard would be sell as the quality veteran who is going to help the young gun to become better pros.

Than add what you need.

Listen, i don't think it would work anyway but i don't think it is a out of the field type of proposal.

Exactly my thinking.

Thats what I would go to the table with as my low ball offer if I was Dorion, and if need be I would be willing to swap Brown out for White if they didnt bite (which they probably wouldn't).

Colorado is completely crazy if they think they could get much better of a package than that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I dont see the team going after a big trade and I don't see it as a money issue either

the other day I was listening to 1200 and they were talking EK saying he loves it here and will be happy to stay. I'm not in the camp that the team needs to make huge moves to resign him. if he likes it here and we pay him he'll stay and we've probably got 8 more years of him being elite.

we are sitting on 4 1st rounders that haven't played for us yet that are also not in the "approaching bust" category. Thats pretty rare. Some of those guys project to be top 6 type centres and obviously Chabot has a crazy ceiling. And we've got some young 2nds that project as NHLers

I think with the current signed contracts and prospects this team is in very good shape for the next several years with the only question mark being goaltending. Andy is old and I'm not sold on Condon. I think the answer to the Phaneuf and Ryan deals are the ELCs in the next few years.

I just don't see the need nor do I think it's the right play to empty the cupboard for a this centre or that. IMO the guys possibly available are some combo of not a big enough upgrade / don't have a proven winning track record at the NHL / risk of albatross contract to buy UFA years.

3 years from now White and Brown will be in or entering their prime, Chabot will hopefully be a stud and EK will still be under 30.

I'd stay the course.

That said I read a few moments ago that Doughty loves LA but that as he approaches UFA his only interest is winning and if that's not possible in LA he'll "play anywhere" Backing up the truck to acquire Doughty I'd think about differently.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
What hockey player doesn't care if they win a cup? Isn't that the goal?

Not that I foresee Karlsson leaving but I would be shocked if he wanted to stay on a team that didn't continue to be competitive.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
That's the goal for sure, but is there honestly a chance we get a cup during the Melnyk Era? Not bloody likely.

If you can make the playoffs, there is always a chance.

I would think if Ottawa continues the no playoffs/playoffs trend they've been on, that Karlsson would think hard about leaving. I truly think he loves Ottawa and all that, but if Ottawa doesn't remain at least a playoff team it wouldn't shock me to see him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->