Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Don't worry, by the time we're done trading literally our entire roster, we'll somehow end up with the entire roster of the Winnipeg Jets.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I got you.

No where did Dreger say Dorion was looking to trade pageau, just that teams are calling.

But teams are always calling. When a player is singled out it's because there's a much higher chance he goes. I mean, I'm sure teams have called about Stone too, but everyone knows he's staying.

Oct 10, 2010
Picks and prospects aren’t guaranteed to turn into hall of famer either you know.

Miller had 41 points from the backend

Tuch is 22, 6’4, 220 lbs and had 37 points in his first year in the league. 45-50 next year would not be surprising. After that? Who knows? What if he’s a 50-60 point guy? You don’t want that?

These guys are young and could help us now and for many years down the road.

Sucking next year is a bad plan when you don’t have your first, and while you may want to keep our first next year, I bet you we won’t. I think we’re taking someone with the 4th pick, so we better put some decent players on the ice next year.
Agreed on the picks and prospects not being guaranteed that's why i called it a gamble. it's not that i think Tuch or Miller are bad or won't help win couple extra games i just think we deserved way better when mentioning Karlsson.

I rather get back one elite prospect/talent over couple good young players and middling picks.

I would be sick to my stomach if we trade Karlsson away and not get one elite player/prospect - Nobody on Vegas fits that bill which is why i hope we move onto another team.

having said that this is Dorion we are talking about we'll get less in terms of what you mentioned probably.

And if you're correct and we keep the pick and trade away Karlsson we are screwed either way rather we get Tuch and Miller or not. Still lotto bound team IMO

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
But teams are always calling. When a player is singled out it's because there's a much higher chance he goes. I mean, I'm sure teams have called about Stone too, but everyone knows he's staying.

To a degree you are right. Teams are probably getting shut down right away when they call about Stone. With Pageau perhaps Dorion is listening, but thats not looking to trade a player as you put it or even an indication that Pageau could be traded.

Here's the actual quote for those interested

"JG Pageau's name seems to be out there but thats not a surprise to anyone either. When you speculate around the Ottawa Senators there's only a handful of players we want to talk about and you know their not trading away any of their young talent so I think he is also getting some calls on Pageau."

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
To a degree you are right. Teams are probably getting shut down right away when they call about Stone. With Pageau perhaps Dorion is listening, but thats not looking to trade a player as you put it or even an indication that Pageau could be traded.

Sure, there's no guarantee Pageau is going, but I'm just amazed he's even listening. He's on a good contract, is versatile and always plays hard. Not to mention we're low on established centers right now.

And then you hear about how he's not happy about having to possibly trade Smith who should be the first guy out the door and.....well, you just have to wonder WTF Dorion is doing.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Agreed on the picks and prospects not being guaranteed that's why i called it a gamble. it's not that i think Tuch or Miller are bad or won't help win couple extra games i just think we deserved way better when mentioning Karlsson.

I rather get back one elite prospect/talent over couple good young players and middling picks.

I would be sick to my stomach if we trade Karlsson away and not get one elite player/prospect - Nobody on Vegas fits that bill which is why i hope we move onto another team.

having said that this is Dorion we are talking about we'll get less in terms of what you mentioned probably.

And if you're correct and we keep the pick and trade away Karlsson we are screwed either way rather we get Tuch and Miller or not. Still lotto bound team IMO

You don’t think Glass is an elite prospect? I mean, I don’t know if he’d be included, rumour is that’s what held up the deal at the deadline, but if they’re willing to include him now, I think that would be good for us.

Glass
2019 first
Miller/Theodore
2020 second

That’s what I would expect if we trade Karlsson to them. Is that enough? No, probably not since we are losing the best defenceman in the league, but it’s what I expect. If we add Ryan, we get less and likely have to take Clarkson.

I don’t think we will be satisfied no matter what the return is, but maybe one day we look back and realize we got some good players that helped our team. However, initially the return will seem underwhelming.

Hossa for Heatley deals don’t happen often, so I don’t expect that here. Adding some picks, prospects and good young players to what we already have and maybe were a good team in a few years.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sure, there's no guarantee Pageau is going, but I'm just amazed he's even listening. He's on a good contract, is versatile and always plays hard. Not to mention we're low on established centers right now.

And then you hear about how he's not happy about having to possibly trade Smith who should be the first guy out the door and.....well, you just have to wonder WTF Dorion is doing.

Pageau is far from a player who should be untouchable and if you get a good offer its something you should consider. I wouldn't doubt a team had to overpay to pry JGP away from Ottawa. As for Smith I agree he doesn't bring as much value to the ice as some other players but perhaps with all that has gone recently he's the kind of person Dorion would like to keep around. And fwiw from what dreger said, it sounded more likely Smith is moved than Pageau.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Pageau is far from a player who should be untouchable and if you get a good offer its something you should consider. I wouldn't doubt a team had to overpay to pry JGP away from Ottawa. As for Smith I agree he doesn't bring as much value to the ice as some other players but perhaps with all that has gone recently he's the kind of person Dorion would like to keep around. And fwiw from what dreger said, it sounded more likely Smith is moved than Pageau.

This is the same kind of thinking that got the Habs where they are now.

Smith might be a good guy in the room but he's useless on the ice, especially at that price. If Dorion would rather keep him over Pageau, I'd take away all the phones in the CTC.

But sure, if a team overpays to get any top-9 player, you do it, but let's face it, Dorion isn't fleecing anyone.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the same kind of thinking that got the Habs where they are now.

Smith might be a good guy in the room but he's useless on the ice, especially at that price. If Dorion would rather keep him over Pageau, I'd take away all the phones in the CTC.

But sure, if a team overpays to get any top-9 player, you do it, but let's face it, Dorion isn't fleecing anyone.

I would hope Dorion or anyone else in the orgainization would rather keep Pageau but who knows, we havent really been told one way or the other.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I would need at minimum 4 pieces and id consider it almost fair deal.

One of Tuch or Theodore
Both Glass and Branstrom
2019 first

And id want their 2020 one as well but i think its going to he tough to get 5 pieces
This is whaat we should get in return. But let's remember Dorion is the one putting this trade together so you can bank on us throwing in some picks and prospects in addition to us sending the best assets in the trade.

I have zero faith in this guys ability to value and manage assets.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Logically you would think that only one of Smith or Pageau would go. I don't see JGP here beyond his current deal, so if the return makes sense...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, 59 mil committed right now, still have to sign Stone (8-9 mil) and Ceci (3-4.5 mil)

If we trade Karlsson and Ryan as a package and don't get roster players back, we end up around 58 mil. Trade Smith or Pageau and we're down to 54-55 mil.

Those numbers include MacArthur's cap hit too, which we're only paying around 900k of.

Obviously we'd need to fill spots with warm bodies, so add 3-6 mil and you're right around the floor.

I don't think we're trading both those guys without taking some salary back. I also think they're ensuring they have ample room to make Karlsson a fair offer.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Nice, so the plan is to have the board hate Wideman or Jaros after they get slotted way too high. cool, like we didn't already have enough to complain about.

if we are going for this half assed plan of who knows what is actually going on might as well let everything burn

i definitely get what you're saying but slotting ceci higher up does the same thing at least by resigning wideman and putting him as the #1 RD or jaros we save money...

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Some of you guys have become waaaaay too accepting of trading Karlsson.

Trading Karlsson should be a ridiculous return. Like ludicrous. It's not like he's made public demands, it's quite the opposite. The media has done a number on a lot of you I'm afraid.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
The plan appears to be “cut salary costs” by trading high salary players for lower salary roster players, picks and prospects. So it seems incorrect to say “no plan”.

I wrote it quickly out of frustration. I specifically meant that there is no plan to win the Stanley cup. Blind chance is not a plan. It is the equivalent of me investing in lotto tickets and relying on that to keep me afloat later in life.

I agree there is clearly a business plan to reduce the cost basis as much as possible across the board. I guess we can take solace in the fact we will most likely be the #1 team in the league at something; lowest cost/60.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad