Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If we trade Karlsson it has to be for futures because getting players back for meaningless wins is silly. High end picks and prospects only or younger players with potential. Keep our 2019 pick and move forward.

So getting back one of Theodore or Miller as part of the deal wouldn’t be a good idea?

What’s our blueline going to look like next year?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So getting back one of Theodore or Miller as part of the deal wouldn’t be a good idea?

What’s our blueline going to look like next year?

Ya it would be ok but it definitely better not be the centrepiece .

If we trade Karlsson and keep our 2019 pick i could care less who's on the blue line. Full tank mode please

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
People need to start thinking about the cap floor before they cut Ryan, Gaborik, burrow and smith from the line up. That drops the current cap hit from 59 mil to approx 41 min. You must be giving Ceci one hell of a contract.

There is the buyout expense though. :)

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Here's my dreamworld ( I know this would never happen)......Trade EK and Batherson to Carolina for Svechnikov. Give Carolina our 22nd pick this year. So we keep our 4th overall pick and get Dobson. Then offer a package of prospects to Buffalo to get Ryan O'Reilly. Buy out Gaborik.

Svechnikov Duchene Stone
Dzingel O'Reilly Ryan
Boedker Pageau

Dobson Chabot
Ceci

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Here's my dreamworld ( I know this would never happen)......Trade EK and Batherson to Carolina for Svechnikov. Give Carolina our 22nd pick this year. So we keep our 4th overall pick and get Dobson. Then offer a package of prospects to Buffalo to get Ryan O'Reilly. Buy out Gaborik.

Svechnikov Duchene Stone
Dzingel O'Reilly Ryan
Pageau

Dobson Chabot
Ceci

Why would we keep 4th overall if we trade Karlsson for the 2nd overall?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Svechnikov Duchene Stone
Dzingel O'Reilly Ryan
Pageau

Dobson Chabot
Ceci
Wait, wait. You're suggesting Karlsson + Batherson + 22 for Svechnikov? Holy overpayment. Unless you meant Colorado with the 22, in which case we can't do that. It has to be Ottawa's pick, not just a pick Ottawa owns.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I said I know this will never happen more of me dreaming. Ok could we trade Karlsson and get Svechnikov?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ya it would be ok but it definitely better not be the centrepiece .

If we trade Karlsson and keep our 2019 pick i could care less who's on the blue line. Full tank mode please

Only one problem with you plan. We are likely keeping the 4th overall pick.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
My biggest worry is that we do a trade with Vegas and we get lets say 3 players back that just had a one off good season with Vegas last year and these players then suck when they come here.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Looks like the cap floor will be above 60m.

If we trade Karlsson + Ryan, we will be at ~45mil.

Stone + Ceci will probably cost us ~12mil.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I can't wait for July 1st. We're trading Ryan to Vancouver for Eriksson.

Not only does Loui fit the team chemistry better on and off ice, but his contract is down right stupid. 6 million dollar cap hit, 1 and 2 million dollars actuall salary.

Contracts like Loui's and Boedker's are going to help us to pony up for Stone, EK and Duchene (later Chabot and #4).

I'm not sure if I would do this trade but I also wouldn't be opposed to it. I think Ryan is a better player than Eriksson when he's on his game and healthy. (When they both are healthy and rolling I should say) I really hate Ryan, but I legitimately think he's better than Eriksson even if it's not by a big margin. Ryan has that extra gear in him when he's on and he can be the best player in a certain game but Eriksson doesn't have that. I guess the way I would put it is when Ryan plays with confidence he's easily better than Eriksson but that happens only in short spurts or rarely ever happens. Ryan also plays a lot better against western conference teams and would be a good fit for Vancouver following that logic. Vancouver has been extremely bad in the last two seasons, Eriksson would likely play better with a Duchene/ Stone than he did with pre-retirement Sedins and Horvat IMO.

Eriksson is injured just as much as Ryan and they provide similar production so the value is similar.

Ultimately that saves us a bit of money and we don't really downgrade much. Eriksson could surprise and rebound with us and Ryan would be a better fit for Van.

It's a type of deal where it's not like we gain much, but we don't give up much either so .. why not go for the change of scenery I guess but for anyone thinking we'd be better because of it.... well that's not likely to happen.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Id do that trade for the contracts and slight savings, but prefer Ryan as a player.

Especially on this team.

Not sure Eriksson would be able to play in Ryan's current role and be effective.

That being said. Ryan often doesn't play his role because he's injured :laugh:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Especially on this team.

Not sure Eriksson would be able to play in Ryan's current role and be effective.

That being said. Ryan often doesn't play his role because he's injured :laugh:
Lol Yes Eriksson definitely has the leg up health wise. I assume he skates better than Bobby as well, but I haven't watched him play since he was in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad