Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I agree with this.

And this is just a thought, but as much as I like him, if Glass is coming back in a Karlsson deal, you consider moving Duchene if you're dealing Hoff and Karl. If Montreal is prepared to offer up something with #3, maybe you take it. They would overpay for him. It'd look so bad on Dorion but he screwed up already. Take Zadina, give Colorado 4. Take defenseman at 10 (Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard) and BPA at 22, tank next year and get your lottery pick next year. Stone might have to stick it out.

I don't see it happening but if you're giving 4 up, you better be bad next year. But 2019 would see a brand new, very young team.

But if Duchene still wants to be here after this s***show, reward the guy with a contract and keep him. Wouldn't blame him if he wanted out already.

Can we just keep Karlsson tho?? :nod:

Realistically this will never happen in the next week. But man if we give up out pick this year we better be baaaaaaaad next year

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What I was trying to say is I'm tired of Dorion and the media saying we'll talk to EK65 July 1st and offer him a contract. As evidence by the OEL agreement, you can clearly talk contract now. They need to figure out before the draft if he is going to stay or not. Unless new ownership is coming in, then you can afford to wait.

Where was it ever said that they were’nt talking? Dorian said they’d make an offer as soon as they could, July 1st, obviously they are talking, but, common sense would dictate that EK would want the Hoffman situation resolved before committing to a contract, and the best time to trade Hoffman would at or near the draft.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Where was it ever said that they were’nt talking? Dorian said they’d make an offer as soon as they could, July 1st, obviously they are talking, but, common sense would dictate that EK would want the Hoffman situation resolved before committing to a contract, and the best time to trade Hoffman would at or near the draft.
EK has asked for a trade apparently. Few people have brought it up this evening.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

The only worse than what’s going on with the team, is the this board characterizes what’s going on with the team. It’s a room ful of chicken littles and Eeyors in here as always.

Guess you didn't read what I said. Dorion said he'd make an offer July 1st that is correct. But as soon as he could? Well no, because OEL has already agreed to terms and he's in the same situation. And July 1st is after the draft. Dorion needs to know before the draft.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Guess you didn't read what I said. Dorion said he'd make an offer July 1st that is correct. But as soon as he could? Well no, because OEL has already agreed to terms and he's in the same situation. And July 1st is after the draft. Dorion needs to know before the draft.

I did read what you said, you said they weren’t talking as well, which I said doesn’t make much sense. Of course they have spoken. You can’t expect an OEL type deal to be made before hand when EK doesn’t want to be on the same team as Hoffman.

My point is, and it seems like this happens every year, that just because we do’t get constant updates doesn’t mean people aren’t talking to each other.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
EK has asked for a trade apparently. Few people have brought it up this evening.

A glorious franchise this never was, but things weren't ever this grim. Even during Bryden days we had hope on the shoulders of skilled young players/prospects.

If it's true, nobody can blame Karlsson. Wish I didn't love the team so much, this feels like being caught in a tsunami. No hope.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Not sure why the other thread was locked about Karlsson requesting a trade...

Some of you were saying "Some guy named Alberga" well he is not a random guy, he is on the NHL Channel on Sirius/XM

Not saying it is true, but just saying it is not like he is an anonymous troller like Eklund

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not sure why the other thread was locked about Karlsson requesting a trade...

Some of you were saying "Some guy named Alberga" well he is not a random guy, he is on the NHL Channel on Sirius/XM

Not saying it is true, but just saying it is not like he is an anonymous troller like Eklund

Ray Ferraro was cited, Ray Ferraro denied ever saying that. (Edit: Ferraro was cited by another person on twitter, not Nick Alberga. My bad)

Ferraro did have a radio spot on TSN Vancouver talking about the Sens yesterday, never once did he mention Karlsson requesting a trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat Herder

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion now carries his phone in an ice pack case because his phone has been burning up like crazy the past 24 hours i was informed.

(Well his phone burning up is true, i just added the ice pack for effect) lol

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018

How do you not know how to spell his name at this point?

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Why does it seem like the team's best plan for moving forward is 'scorched earth'?

Honestly, I'm starting to think it is. A full-on tear down to basically an expansion team.

I don't know if the team could survive the lost revenue as ticket sales are already down as is. Melnyk doesn't seem to want to absorb anymore losses. The preference may be to ice a cheap team that could squeak into the playoffs. Given the negativity about the team, fans may not turn out for that anyway.

From a person who is not financially invested in the team - the team doesn't have a budget to realistically compete with and key players about to hit UFA. I don't know why anyone would re-sign in Ottawa right now unless they have been with the team a along time and have some misguided sense of loyalty.

I'd deal the top of the roster off for young (22 and under) players, picks and prospects. Keep some middle of the road guys (Pageau, Smith, Ceci) for some veteran presence. I don't think you can deal guys like Ryan or Anderson, so they are on the team until the end of their contracts. Taking from Vegas, I would look to have a very fast team. If you can skate and work hard, you can compete. The current Sens are a slow team.

That first round pick next year is a sunk cost. Given the state of the team now, does one more big mistake even matter? Toronto made a horrible move with Kessel but people aren't that upset at Seguin etc. now, given the team is good.

I'll also add that a miracle run by a young and cheap team is about the only hope this team has any chance of doing anything. There's not enough money to field a team that too many established players.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad