Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
IMO I love Karlsson as a player and I think he’s phenomenal but I think almost too much of the offence goes through him. We have too many holes in our line up and we do need to start spreading talent around the board. Positives can come from this trade, look at the Yashin trade for example

I think there's weight to the argument that we can't surround Karlsson with talent due to our budget/dead cap anyways, so trading him and waiting out the dead salary (Ryan/Gaborik/Phaneuf) gives us the best opportunity to build a good team. (Doesn't mean it'll work, emphasize on the word opportunity)

I think the Yashin trade is apples and oranges to a Karlsson trade. We should have lost the Yashin trade. A GM will lose 99/100 teams if he's trading a Hart calibre center in his prime for a 2nd overall pick (considering how much more inconsistent drafting high was in the 90's), a freakishly tall young top 4 project, and whatever the hell Bill Muckalt was. Maybe it was Yashin's personality or something, but I think that was the 1/100 time that the team trading a player as good as Yashin for that type of return wins.

Sure, we could win the Karlsson trade like we did the Yashin one....but we almost certainly won't. That doesn't mean it's the wrong move though.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Seeing some rumours that Sens are pursuing Skinner.

Would be a pretty accurate Hoffman replacement if he’s traded.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I think there's weight to the argument that we can't surround Karlsson with talent due to our budget/dead cap anyways, so trading him and waiting out the dead salary (Ryan/Gaborik/Phaneuf) gives us the best opportunity to build a good team. (Doesn't mean it'll work, emphasize on the word opportunity)

I think the Yashin trade is apples and oranges to a Karlsson trade. We should have lost the Yashin trade. A GM will lose 99/100 teams if he's trading a Hart calibre center in his prime for a 2nd overall pick (considering how much more inconsistent drafting high was in the 90's), a freakishly tall young top 4 project, and whatever the hell Bill Muckalt was. Maybe it was Yashin's personality or something, but I think that was the 1/100 time that the team trading a player as good as Yashin for that type of return wins.

Sure, we could win the Karlsson trade like we did the Yashin one....but we almost certainly won't. That doesn't mean it's the wrong move though.

I don’t think it’s all about winning and losing the trade. We need to put the right deal together so it ends up neutral. Both sides win.

IMO Karlsson would love to play in either NY and Vancouver and they both have a bunch of assets and cap space.

Islanders we target Barzal and their 2 first round picks this year. They get their #1 RD to play with Johnny T their set.

Or the Canucks get Karlsson to build around maybe we add in bobby because they have a tone of salary cap space and we get boeser and a first + another piece. Neutral trade.

Or we target Vegas.

We’re gonna get a tone in return for Karlsson but it has to be future pieces

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I don’t think it’s all about winning and losing the trade. We need to put the right deal together so it ends up neutral. Both sides win.

IMO Karlsson would love to play in either NY and Vancouver and they both have a bunch of assets and cap space.

Islanders we target Barzal and their 2 first round picks this year. They get their #1 RD to play with Johnny T their set.

Or the Canucks get Karlsson to build around maybe we add in bobby because they have a tone of salary cap space and we get boeser and a first + another piece. Neutral trade.

Or we target Vegas.

We’re gonna get a tone in return for Karlsson but it has to be future pieces

I don't think the Islanders would do Barzal for Karlsson 1-1. Not saying that Barzal is as good as Karlsson, but he just put up 85 points as a rookie and has 2 more years on an ELC. He's incredibly valuable.

They'd be looking to add a player like Karlsson to Barzal so they can convince Tavares to stay.

A more realistic package would be something like:

Anthony Beauvillier, Ryan Pulock, 1st 2018 (11th), 1st 2019

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I don't think the Islanders would do Barzal for Karlsson 1-1. Not saying that Barzal is as good as Karlsson, but he just put up 85 points as a rookie and has 2 more years on an ELC. He's incredibly valuable.

They'd be looking to add a player like Karlsson to Barzal so they can convince Tavares to stay.

A more realistic package would be something like:

Anthony Beauvillier, Ryan Pulock, 1st 2018 (11th), 1st 2019

With the addition of Karlsson, and the amount of minutes he can put up and points and I’m not trying to be bias but I definitely think the GM does the trade I offered. A RD is far more valuable a winger C. Karla son feeding Tavares the puck would be magical, would put seats in the stands and sell a tone of jerseys. It’s a big trade but I think it gets done

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Can we trade back on this year’s pick and give it to Colorado. For example, we give to 4 to Edmonton for 10 and something else. We keep the something else and give 10 to Colorado.

I don’t know if that’s a good idea, but I’m just wondering can we do that? Is it allowed?

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Can we trade back on this year’s pick and give it to Colorado. For example, we give to 4 to Edmonton for 10 and something else. We keep the something else and give 10 to Colorado.

I don’t know if that’s a good idea, but I’m just wondering can we do that? Is it allowed?

This has been asked several times before. The answer is no. Our pick is #4, period. If we trade it to Edmonton, our pick is still #4 and that's the one we traded (kinda) to Colorado.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
He's 2 and a half years younger than Hoffman and has scored 30 goals 3 times. Regardless the source, you don't think we should go after him if Hoff is traded?
he has 1 year left on his deal. The way this organization is right now, I rather not bring in good players on expiring contracts.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

No the pick has to be one of ours.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
some here ( and i) may be wreong in thinking karlsson resigns with new ownership... i mean this is seeerious beef between players families. what if some of the players knew or had an idea or at least knew what karlsson thought and still hung out with hoffman and his girlfriend and what not. is that a locker room you want to be in?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He's 2 and a half years younger than Hoffman and has scored 30 goals 3 times. Regardless the source, you don't think we should go after him if Hoff is traded?

What’s the price? I doubt he gets traded here anyway. Although it’s not a bad idea.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If Ottawa wants the COL pick back they can just give them the 4th but havent and wont and def not moving Stone when it's possible we are losing both Hoff & EK

Trade both Hoff/EK and make sure we get at least two 2019 1sts to go with our two 1sts this year and rebuild this circus
2019 suppose to be deeper.. if we somehow get 2 more firsts, let colorado have this one.. go into next year with 3.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
IMO there’s many avenues we could go when trading Karlsson and the return will be nice.

Approaching Vancouver and asking for Boeser and their 1st this year +

Or if the islanders sign Tavares we could do both their firsts this year + Barzal

We have options
sure we can ask.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Our 22nd pick for starters imo.

Skinner is coming off a bad year so that helps us a little bit.
That literally makes no sense for either team. Carolina has a deep prospect pool and is lacking high end talent up front. They are going to have 0 interest in a late 1st.

As for us, we would be dumb to trade for a guy who's 1 year away from UFA, the same year that Duchene and EK are UFA. Skinner is going to get a ton of money on his next deal as it will be entirely UFA years and he's already making 5.7 per. Evander Kane just got 7x7 and Skinner is younger and better, so think even higher then that. How do we afford that? On top of that we have Stone and Ceci up for extensions this year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That literally makes no sense for either team. Carolina has a deep prospect pool and is lacking high end talent up front. They are going to have 0 interest in a late 1st.

As for us, we would be dumb to trade for a guy who's 1 year away from UFA, the same year that Duchene and EK are UFA. Skinner is going to get a ton of money on his next deal as it will be entirely UFA years and he's already making 5.7 per. He could easily get 7x7 given that he's only 26. How do we afford that? On top of that we have Stone and Ceci up for extensions this year.

No team in the entire league has ‘0 interest in a late first’. None.

And hey man I’m just trying to think of solutions if all this crap comes to fruition and we end up trading Hoff. Any better ideas?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
No team in the entire league has ‘0 interest in a late first’. None.

And hey man I’m just trying to think of solutions if all this crap comes to fruition and we end up trading Hoff. Any better ideas?
Maybe I should have used more clear language. Carolina is not going to be interested in a late first in the context of trading their top line 26 year old winger when they already have one of the better prospect pools in the league. Of course they'd take a first for free that's not what I meant.

If we trade Hoffman we go after cost controlled talent and picks, as has already been rumored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad