Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
So sick of our lame ass media. He says our only option is to trade Hoffman and sit down with Karlsson July 1st to see if he wants to stay. OEL has already agreed to terms ffs. Figure it the **** out people.

Big Fat is only reporting what his bossman Dorion's said in private. I like the fact that PD is trying to obtain value for Hoffman as opposed to banishing him in the ECHL like some HF posters are suggesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Would you guys trade Nick Paul for the rights to Mike Green?

Obviously there's a high chance that he doesn't sign with us, but getting him locked up before the draft would be huge for us in terms of scrabbling together a passable D-Core for next year.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Obviously there's a high chance that he doesn't sign with us, but getting him locked up before the draft would be huge for us in terms of scrabbling together a passable D-Core for next year.

Maybe for Hoffman, cuz he is ECHL bound according to some HF posters.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Let's try and sign EK first.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Let's try and sign EK first.

Adding Green shouldn't be prohibitively expensive, especially given the fact that Hoffman is on his way out and Ceci isn't under contract.

I'm guessing Green gets around 3 x 6. If we trade Hoffman and sign Green to that deal, it puts us at around 61mil with 18 guys on our roster (not counting White, Brown, Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton). Gaborik will likely be on LTIR, too, and any Karlsson extension won't kick in til next year.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Adding Green shouldn't be prohibitively expensive, especially given the fact that Hoffman is on his way out and Ceci isn't under contract.

I'm guessing Green gets around 3 x 6. If we trade Hoffman and sign Green to that deal, it puts us at around 61mil with 18 guys on our roster (not counting White, Brown, Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton). Gaborik will likely be on LTIR, too, and any Karlsson extension won't kick in til next year.
That's still adding salary to a team that's actively trying to cut salary. Hoffman was being shopped to save money before his GF went nuclear.

There's no way they're signing anyone of the FA market anything close to that. The only guys we can consider are Oduya and Thompson types and salaries.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Big Fat is only reporting what his bossman Dorion's said in private. I like the fact that PD is trying to obtain value for Hoffman as opposed to banishing him in the ECHL like some HF posters are suggesting.
First smart thing he has done in a while. How he executes is something completely different.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
So sick of our lame ass media. He says our only option is to trade Hoffman and sit down with Karlsson July 1st to see if he wants to stay. OEL has already agreed to terms ffs. Figure it the **** out people.

OEL’s wife wasn’t being harassed by a teammates wife. It’s not exactly the same situation.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Wonder what we a targeting - hoping for a hockey deal instead of pure futures

Get a 2c or top 4dman

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
OEL’s wife wasn’t being harassed by a teammates wife. It’s not exactly the same situation.

What I was trying to say is I'm tired of Dorion and the media saying we'll talk to EK65 July 1st and offer him a contract. As evidence by the OEL agreement, you can clearly talk contract now. They need to figure out before the draft if he is going to stay or not. Unless new ownership is coming in, then you can afford to wait.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What I was trying to say is I'm tired of Dorion and the media saying we'll talk to EK65 July 1st and offer him a contract. As evidence by the OEL agreement, you can clearly talk contract now. They need to figure out before the draft if he is going to stay or not. Unless new ownership is coming in, then you can afford to wait.

Ahh, that’s a fair point. Unless Karlsson has indicated there’s no way he will sign here, and Dorion knows it’s all but over.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ahh, that’s a fair point. Unless Karlsson has indicated there’s no way he will sign here, and Dorion knows it’s all but over.

Then Dorion has to trade him at the draft. He better not wait until July 1st because he said he would to the fans. Just be honest with the fans if he wants to move on and trade him by the draft.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Maybe dealing Hoffman is priority 1 because of it's dependency to extending Karlsson an offer? Even if we forget about ownership for one second, which PD has no control over.

All efforts should be on clearing path to extend #65 and it starts with a Hoffman trade.

The fanbase here can't buy any luck, hopefully the travelling circus can buy the team.

#f***Melnyk

Reactions: Daffy

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
And we don't even have a first next year, unbelievable. f*** we stink lolol

I'm just hoping we can ship some of the good guys out. Trade Karlsson, Pageau, Andy etc. Get anyone who has been a loyal soldier for us to a real team.

Keep Hoffman until the day his contract ends. I want him and his "alleged" psychopathic girlfriend to rot in this hockey shithole of sadness and misery just like the rest of us. f*** trading him to a decent team.

Reactions: branch

aligator

Jan 3, 2008

No. Have no use for Mike Green in a rebuild.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If EK is going to get traded, get rid of Hoffman for futures (pick #10), give up this year's pick to Colorado and hope we can get some assets back.

I'd be okay with picks 10 and 22 this year, and hope like hell the lottery is kinder to us next year.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
In light of the cyber bullying news, wouldn't surprise me if Karlsson comes out in the next few days to publicly ask for a trade to get a fresh start based on all the off-ice turmoil he's dealt with. This would allow the sens to 'save face' and be able to maximize his value at the draft and get karlsson outta here ASAP, away from the media circus that's taking place. Sad days butI bet if Karlsson did follow through with a trade request, fans will understand. Pretty sure he'll take out an ad in the local papers as well to thank the city. Man getting sad just writing this up...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
In light of the cyber bullying news, wouldn't surprise me if Karlsson comes out in the next few days to publicly ask for a trade to get a fresh start based on all the off-ice turmoil he's dealt with. This would allow the sens to 'save face' and be able to maximize his value at the draft and get karlsson outta here ASAP, away from the media circus that's taking place. Sad days butI bet if Karlsson did follow through with a trade request, fans will understand. Pretty sure he'll take out an ad in the local papers as well to thank the city. Man getting sad just writing this up...

Why does Karlsson need to leave his Kingdom for your girlfriend's crazy behaviour?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
If EK is going to get traded, get rid of Hoffman for futures (pick #10), give up this year's pick to Colorado and hope we can get some assets back.

I'd be okay with picks 10 and 22 this year, and hope like hell the lottery is kinder to us next year.

I agree with this.

And this is just a thought, but as much as I like him, if Glass is coming back in a Karlsson deal, you consider moving Duchene if you're dealing Hoff and Karl. If Montreal is prepared to offer up something with #3, maybe you take it. They would overpay for him. It'd look so bad on Dorion but he screwed up already. Take Zadina, give Colorado 4. Take defenseman at 10 (Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard) and BPA at 22, tank next year and get your lottery pick next year. Stone might have to stick it out.

I don't see it happening but if you're giving 4 up, you better be bad next year. But 2019 would see a brand new, very young team.

But if Duchene still wants to be here after this s***show, reward the guy with a contract and keep him. Wouldn't blame him if he wanted out already.

Can we just keep Karlsson tho?? :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad