Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What exactly did Hoffman do that's even close to a fact here? Hoffman himself has done nothing wrong, nor is he accused of doing anything.
Have you seen the extent of the allegations? It was widespread. Thousands of instances of harassment. Other player’s wives are now speaking up. It’s like it was common knowledge that she is batshit crazy and slandering teammates. There’s little chance he didn’t know what was going on.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Have you seen the extent of the allegations? It was widespread. Thousands of instances of harassment. Other player’s wives are now speaking up. It’s like it was common knowledge that she is bat**** crazy and slandering teammates. There’s little chance he didn’t know what was going on.

Against? Hoffman? NO .. so Hoffman's value does not automatically plummet to zero because his GF acted like a twit

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Against? Hoffman? NO .. so Hoffman's value does not automatically plummet to zero because his GF acted like a twit
Okay. Someone out there will shell out a 1st and good prospect for Hoffman after this. Come on man. No GM wants him in the room.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Is there any space at all between Zero and a 1st + a good prospect

Probably not in this case. The social dynamic is totally f***ed now. What happened is the definition of a distraction. Probably the worst off ice side show since Heatley/Snider.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Probably not in this case. The social dynamic is totally ****ed now. What happened is the definition of a distraction. Probably the worst off ice side show since Heatley/Snider.

the only thing to do now is to wait for the facts .... while clearing Hoffman of any involvement , and shipping his ass out... but he should still have decent value ... It has to be pushed on to the GF and away from Hoffman.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It’s more about acknowledging how much of a clownshow the very team he is a member of is.

Ah yes, Craig Anderson is not allowed to laugh at stuff that puts the Senators in a bad light because whatever he might say or do reveals his darkest inner thoughts.

Now we all know. He is a traitorous turncoat.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ah yes, Craig Anderson is not allowed to laugh at stuff that puts the Senators in a bad light because whatever he might say or do reveals his darkest inner thoughts.

Now we all know. He is a traitorous turncoat.

Oh come on man. Liking a tweet for a funny joke, fine. Liking one that is essentially shitting all over your team is another thing. It doesn't mean he is admonishing the entire organization, it means he knows we are f***ed and that is the concerning thing. He doesn't even want to hide it anymore, no more generic hockey speak, "rough year", "we'll be better next year", "had some injuries", etc.

You have been watching professional sports for how long? You are aware of the "code" and the sense of decorum the players are supposed to exhibit, surely. If not you're just being purposely dense. This is like a blessing in disguise for you because you get to drag that red pill shtick all across these threads.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Oh come on man. Liking a tweet for a funny joke, fine. Liking one that is essentially ****ting all over your team is another thing. It doesn't mean he is admonishing the entire organization, it means he knows we are ****ed and that is the concerning thing. He doesn't even want to hide it anymore, no more generic hockey speak, "rough year", "we'll be better next year", "had some injuries", etc.

You have been watching professional sports for how long? You are aware of the "code" and the sense of decorum the players are supposed to exhibit, surely. If not you're just being purposely dense. This is like a blessing in disguise for you because you get to drag that red pill shtick all across these threads.
If my employer doesn’t take things too seriously, why should I?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What a mess? Maybe this will finally push EM to sell the team before the value plummets. It could be the only thing that saves this franchise although who would want to buy this franchise at this time considering all the crap that is going on around it. This has to be the lowest point EVER in this franchise's history & much worse than anything else that has ever happened in sports in this city in the last 25 yrs. Terrible & embarrassing time to be a Sen fan, like we haven't had enough embarrassing times all yr. WORSE SEASON EVER!

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Sam Bennett for Zach Smith?

or do we need to add to that?

I'd think we'd definitely need to add to that given Bennett's age, potential, and contract in comparison to Smith.

So much wrong with this line of thinking, IMO, not least of which... you DO know Karlsson and Hoffman are the same age, right?

It has nothing to do with age for me so I don't want my "replenish the roster" comment to be taken as starting a rebuild. I don't think Karlsson is a 10-12 million per year player, and that is a large chunk of cap space to commit to one player as a "budget" team for the next 8 years. I just think it's clear he can fetch a far greater return than Hoffman - possibly a few young NHL ready building blocks who can contribute fairly quickly.

For all the bashing of guys like Hoffman and Smith this year, Karlsson was bordering on -30 for a large portion of the year, and was just as much a part of the problem. For as great as he is offensively, his defensive play and effort level at times is atrocious, even before the ankle surgery.

I'm just not as big of a fan of him as most Sens fans are. I know it's an unpopular opinion that most won't agree with (however this was before I read anything about the situation with Hoffman's fiancee - that throws everything off the rails).

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well so much for Hoffman for RNH or fabbri

I think at this point if no one makes an offer u gotta waive him

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Heatley,Spezza now Hoffman. Yet another player we'll trade for pennies on the dollar because our hand is being forced, f***.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Regardless of the situation with EK / Hoff or what transpires from this they are both world class hockey players that don't grow on tree's.

If EK won't resign he will be traded this summer or the deadline for a hefty return.

Hoffman situation is different he is under contract at decent value for his abilities and truth of the situation will probably not come out till long after he is traded. It does not take away from his on ice abilities. He will fetch fair market value , if not we have him sit at home till a trade is made.

The only one who can screw things up in their returns are Dorion and EM , these are valuable assets that will both fetch very decent returns and nothing less.

In the NHL their is a lot of drama behind the scenes just like real life but because of money involved is usually kept very quiet , however this will not lessen the value if either players.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
You’ll be disappointed on the Hoffman return.

Spezza and Hartley had to be dealt too and we basically gave them away for free

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If she's found guilty (I believe the Karlsson's invetigators confirmed the IP address to Hoffman residence in Westboro), then the ball is in Hoffman's court as to how he wants to play it. This impacts his livelihood and I hope for his sake that he was in no way involved (the peace bond doesn't include him).

After 10 years together, it maybe difficult to say goodbye. It's also possible that this girl requires psychiatric help. Either way, no NHL wives club for any franchise would accept her in their community anymore, and Hoffman knows that.

Bottomline, he is still an elite shooter, so there is value. Whatever team he is traded to, his wife is simply not welcome in the wives club. Awkward, but worse things have happened.

This situation is very difficult for Hoffman. Decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad