Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Iam actually ok with JGP given a shot at 2c...We all know he is beast of a forechecker,and can produce with good talent...At this point it couldnt hurt us in the god awful possession game we have had over the last little while

Anytime he's been given the opportunity he has produced at the same rate as both Brassard and Zibanejad. He is absolutely the 2nd line centerman on this team. What they need though is a third line center, I hope they sign Pius Suter for that role.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Team, arena, debt would total that value I’d think. So hopeful there is flame under that smoke.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Anytime he's been given the opportunity he has produced at the same rate as both Brassard and Zibanejad. He is absolutely the 2nd line centerman on this team. What they need though is a third line center, I hope they sign Pius Suter for that role.
Yep ,agreed...They need something there,all though maybe giving White a shot there wouldnt be too bad

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Iam actually ok with JGP given a shot at 2c...We all know he is beast of a forechecker,and can produce with good talent...At this point it couldnt hurt us in the god awful possession game we have had over the last little while

I wanna see that Smith-Pageau-Stone line reunited again. If they can click like they've shown the ability to in the past our top 9 will be better than people expect.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yep ,agreed...They need something there,all though maybe giving White a shot there wouldnt be too bad

Uhh I sure hope not, now using White on the wing in the top 6 I would not be against. Edit *Read this wrong, maybe White as a third line center but I really see him more as a winger personally.

Out of curiosity, why would JGP get a chance at 2nd line centre? It seems pretty clear at this point that he is a bottom six forward and that the only time he looked like he could be more than that was when he was playing with Stone. Why not give Stone someone better to play with?

Actually its very clear he produces like the other centerman given 2nd line icetime. He is used as a bottom 6 forward because they have always had two centermen ahead of him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Uhh I sure hope not, now using White on the wing in the top 6 I would not be against. Edit *Read this wrong, maybe White as a third line center but I really see him more as a winger personally.

Actually its very clear he produces like the other centerman given 2nd line icetime. He is used as a bottom 6 forward because they have always had two centermen ahead of him.
Chalpik,maybe??But I agree with the 3rd line center hole as being a unknown...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
JGP had a tougher year last year as did most on the team, if he comes back this year with a bit more fire I don't see why the guy can't step into the #2C slot, perhaps not ideal but make no mistake JGP is a jack of all trades and a player you can honestly say can play literally anywhere in your forward line up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I wanna see that Smith-Pageau-Stone line reunited again. If they can click like they've shown the ability to in the past our top 9 will be better than people expect.
The thing with it as well,is it can cycle and control the puck in the O zone ...And we all know how much we need to keep the puck away from our end

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chalpik,maybe??But I agree with the 3rd line center hole as being a unknown...

Chlapik needs more time in the AHL as do most of this teams top prospects. They had Suter at camp last year, I just dont see why they dont give him a one year deal at 900 k and see what happens here.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Chlapik needs more time in the AHL as do most of this teams top prospects. They had Suter at camp last year, I just dont see why they dont give him a one year deal at 900 k and see what happens here.
Iam game ,but thats 900k!!!!WTH you thinking we arent made of money ...lol

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Dominic Zwerger from the NLA is an interesting looking player too. Just turned 22 about a week ago, 6'00 left winger who posted 49 points in 60 games (reg season + playoffs). Came to the NLA straight out of the WHL, where he posted 90 points in 77 games for Spokane (reg season + playoffs).

As for Suter, I don't think he would step in as a 3rd line C ahead of Chlapik or White. Maybe Brown. We don't really have a 4C though and I think he'd be an interesting player to try in that role. Hopefully, we are still interested in him and able to bring him back to camp at the very least.

Reactions: derriko and NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dominic Zwerger from the NLA is an interesting looking player too. Just turned 22 about a week ago, 6'00 left winger who posted 49 points in 60 games (reg season + playoffs). Came to the NLA straight out of the WHL, where he posted 90 points in 77 games for Spokane (reg season + playoffs).

As for Suter, I don't think he would step in as a 3rd line C ahead of Chlapik or White. Maybe Brown. We don't really have a 4C though and I think he'd be an interesting player to try in that role. Hopefully, we are still interested in him and able to bring him back to camp at the very least.
Training camp looks to be the one bright spot we can all look forward too,lots of talent coming in

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
But if its,420 plus the debt...That would be close to 650 no??

The new buyer wouldn't buy the debt, they would take over the obligation to pay it. So if the sales price was $420M and the total debt was $200M (for example), they would pay Melnyk $220M for his equity and take on the $200M debt obligation.

The accounting formula for balance sheets is:
Assets = Liabilities + Owner's Equity or
Team and Arena = Debt + Melnyk's Equity or
$420M = $200M + $220M

That's assuming a price of $420M and total liabilities of $200M

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The new buyer wouldn't buy the debt, they would take over the obligation to pay it. So if the sales price was $420M and the total debt was $200M (for example), they would pay Melnyk $220M for his equity and take on the $200M debt obligation.

$420M = $200M + $220M

Makes sense,TY

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

When has JGP produced like a 2nd line centre wen not playing with Stone?
It is clear that every player is better playing with Stone and he drives the offense. If there is evidence that JGP has 2nd line production away from Stone then you might have a good argument.

Reactions: Sensators

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

That is a waste of Stone's talent. He would just be carrying two bottom sixers. Sure that line produced in the past but we should give Stone some better players to play with. Even some of our prospects that have high upside could be better linemates.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The NHL has gotten so boring. So many lazy gms not trying to improve their teams. Oh it's July 2nd now. Time to close up shop.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

$420M = $200M + $220M

Not necessarily. If the offer is to buy shares for $420M then they could be giving EM his $420M AND assuming the debt. That would be normal in a share sale. Our they could purchase the assets and Eug would have to repay the debts from the proceeds. Or they could work out a structure to break out the debt from price. There are many many ways to structure a deal. I do it almost daily (granted, not $500,000,000 sports teams). We would never have enough info to know how it was structured (most likely).

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
JGP had a tougher year last year as did most on the team, if he comes back this year with a bit more fire I don't see why the guy can't step into the #2C slot, perhaps not ideal but make no mistake JGP is a jack of all trades and a player you can honestly say can play literally anywhere in your forward line up.

“Honestly say can play literally anywhere in your forward lineup” ?

First Line Center? No. Too much hyperbole.

I like JGP but would never say he can play anywhere in the forward lineup. I would rather have a bigger, scoring, offensive Center playing center on the second line.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
not sure where to put this but Van just let Linden go in favour of Benning (interim). Sounds like Trevor was a build and develop guy and ownership wanted something quicker.

Yes, the have have not been good of late, but a full on rebuild makes sense. Even trading the Sedins st the deadline for something would have been, well, something.

Cautionary tale; Benning is immediately being penned as an ownership 'guy', while the franchise player has been ousted.

Meddling owners in Vancouver now, is this a new thing?

Letting a face of the team walk away in frustration?

Tough time indeed.

Reactions: Benjamin

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
not sure where to put this but Van just let Linden go in favour of Benning (interim). Sounds like Trevor was a build and develop guy and ownership wanted something quicker.

Yes, the have have not been good of late, but a full on rebuild makes sense. Even trading the Sedins st the deadline for something would have been, well, something.

Cautionary tale; Benning is immediately being penned as an ownership 'guy', while the franchise player has been ousted.

Meddling owners in Vancouver now, is this a new thing?

Letting a face of the team walk away in frustration?

Tough time indeed.

New assistant GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad