Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
For a guy that has a lot of on his plate, he sure hasn't done shit since the draft.

No Stone contract
No Ceci contract
Karlsson situation still not dealt with
No Duchene contract
No Tkachuk ELC
No pro free agent signings.
Defense still looks like trash with or without Karlsson
Offence looks to be a problem as we replaced our top goal scorer with a 3rd liner
No 2nd line center
Nothing with the Anderson situation

This is what happens when an already thin management staff gets ever thinner and a crappy pro scouting department is there to support it.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
For a guy that has a lot of on his plate, he sure hasn't done **** since the draft.

No Stone contract
No Ceci contract
No Duchene contract
No Tkachuk ELC
Offence looks to be a problem as we replaced our top goal scorer with a 3rd liner
No 2nd line center

This is what happens when an already thin management staff gets ever thinner and a crappy pro scouting department is there to support it.

They are negotiating.
They are negotiating.
Hopefully they sign him or rightly pulled back when the offers weren't good enough.
Probably negotiating.
He needs to decide college or OHL/AHL/NHL. If he signs a ELC he can't go back to college.
Who would sign here without a drastic overpayment? Probably best not to sign UFAs right now.
See above.
Had to trade Hoffman. Some people thought we'd get nothing when the story broke. Simmer said he might just need to go on waivers.
Brown or JGP will get a chance.
Who would trade for Anderson? You assume that he's an easy player to trade. I'd be pissed beyond measure if my GM traded for Craig Anderson. Overpaid, old, coming off a train wreck season, signed for 2 more years. Who wants that?

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Agree with the above response. PD said the plan was to draft and develop and none of the complaint list is of any real concern yet. He's made plenty of mistakes, but some posters are at the point where they invent stuff to complain about.

Reactions: Sensinitis

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
For a guy that has a lot of on his plate, he sure hasn't done **** since the draft.

No Stone contract
No Ceci contract
No Duchene contract
No Tkachuk ELC
No 2nd line center

I am NOT a PD supporter. Quite the opposite. That said...

I believe that the lack of action is due to something holding the team up from making major moves now. I personally believe there are now some active discussions surrounding an ownership change. That is the only reason I can see us NOT making some of the changes above. I don't think I would like the changes that we would be making given the past tendencies, so I am happy we are doing nothing for the moment.

I believe that a new ownership group doesn't want to see Melnyk keep jettisoning players for pennies. They don't want to see EK65 moved at all. They don't want to see Ceci signed for way more than he is due.
I believe that Stone and Duchene (and EK65) would be keenly interested in seeing an ownership change and therefore a new direction for the team, before committing long-term to the organization that they love. They all would like to stay ideally.

I think everyone wants to see the plan. I am not sure PD has a plan that anyone would like to see (scorched earth), if one at all.
Changes would occur with a new owner, new vision, new direction, a true plan.

My gut tells me PD wants to do things, but is no longer able to. For the time being at least.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

I believe that the lack of action is due to something holding the team up from making major moves now. I personally believe there are now some active discussions surrounding an ownership change. That is the only reason I can see us NOT making some of the changes above. I don't think I would like the changes that we would be making given the past tendencies, so I am happy we are doing nothing for the moment.

I believe that a new ownership group doesn't want to see Melnyk keep jettisoning players for pennies. They don't want to see EK65 moved at all. They don't want to see Ceci signed for way more than he is due.
I believe that Stone and Duchene (and EK65) would be keening interested in seeing an ownership change and therefore a new direction for the team, before committing long-term to the organization that they love. They all would like to stay ideally.

I think everyone wants to see the plan. I am not sure PD has a plan that anyone would like to see (scorched earth), if one at all.

My gut tells me PD wants to do things, but is no longer able to. For the time being at least.

Fingers crossed. Too much smoke for there not to be at least a little truth to this.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

I believe that Stone and Duchene (and EK65) would be keening interested in seeing an ownership change and therefore a new direction for the team, before committing long-term to the organization that they love. They all would like to stay ideally.

Agreed.

This is typically a down time for teams until arbitration hearings force action, but the silence in this case is unprecedented and suggests something big is in the works.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Fingers crossed. Too much smoke for there not to be at least a little truth to this.

If the rumours of offers in the $420-$450m range are true, and the NHL not wanting any team sold for less than the $650m franchise fee, then I'm a bit worried. That's a huge gap to cover.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If the rumours of offers in the $420-$450m range are true, and the NHL not wanting any team sold for less than the $650m franchise fee, then I'm a bit worried. That's a huge gap to cover.
500M. Same as Vegas

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Heard 550 was on the table but Melnyk walked on it and now its no longer an option. Which is hilarious because apparently the group making the offer are the ones he recently financed through. So now they have control and have taken the best offer off the table. Melnyks business acumen and superior intelligence on display again.

Reactions: NB613

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

I believe that Stone and Duchene (and EK65) would be keenly interested in seeing an ownership change and therefore a new direction for the team, before committing long-term to the organization that they love. They all would like to stay ideally.

This is the only logical explanation, you can tell me they are negotiating and shit but I don't buy it. It shouldn't be hard to offer Stone and Duchene 8 years then figure out the cap hit there. The one thing I can see holding it up is bonus money and Melnyk reluctance of giving that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Heard 550 was on the table but Melnyk walked on it and now its no longer an option. Which is hilarious because apparently the group making the offer are the ones he recently financed through. So now they have control and have taken the best offer off the table. Melnyks business acumen and superior intelligence on display again.
Sounds about right for our clownshoes owner.

Reactions: Rand0m

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

ahhhh nuts. Was this offer earlier in the season?

Any offers this summer?

[mod politics]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

Does anyone know what happens if he fails to make payments on the refinanced loan?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
But if its,420 plus the debt...That would be close to 650 no??

Reactions: BigRig4

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
They are negotiating.
They are negotiating.
Hopefully they sign him or rightly pulled back when the offers weren't good enough.
Probably negotiating.
He needs to decide college or OHL/AHL/NHL. If he signs a ELC he can't go back to college.
Who would sign here without a drastic overpayment? Probably best not to sign UFAs right now.
See above.
Had to trade Hoffman. Some people thought we'd get nothing when the story broke. Simmer said he might just need to go on waivers.
Brown or JGP will get a chance.
Who would trade for Anderson? You assume that he's an easy player to trade. I'd be pissed beyond measure if my GM traded for Craig Anderson. Overpaid, old, coming off a train wreck season, signed for 2 more years. Who wants that?

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Out of curiosity, why would JGP get a chance at 2nd line centre? It seems pretty clear at this point that he is a bottom six forward and that the only time he looked like he could be more than that was when he was playing with Stone. Why not give Stone someone better to play with?

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Out of curiosity, why would JGP get a chance at 2nd line centre? It seems pretty clear at this point that he is a bottom six forward and that the only time he looked like he could be more than that was when he was playing with Stone. Why not give Stone someone better to play with?

Well, off the top of my head:

- who else in the organization can play 2C?
- do you think Eugene is spending any extra money this year?
- Dorion is awful at trades. Do we want him doing the Dorion Overpayment for a 2C?
- what's the direction of the team? If rebuilding, there's no reason to spend assets for a 2C.

I'm sure there's other reasons.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
There were zero legit rumours about the NHL wanting 500mill to sell a franchise. The expansion fee is different.

Reactions: bert

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If you read the article, he bought 61% of the team for $420m.

Unless I'm wrong, that puts the total value around $700m
Purchase price included arena.

Expansion fee does not.

Purchase of Sens may or may not include CTC.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well, off the top of my head:

- who else in the organization can play 2C?
- do you think Eugene is spending any extra money this year?
- Dorion is awful at trades. Do we want him doing the Dorion Overpayment for a 2C?
- what's the direction of the team? If rebuilding, there's no reason to spend assets for a 2C.

I'm sure there's other reasons.
Iam actually ok with JGP given a shot at 2c...We all know he is beast of a forechecker,and can produce with good talent...At this point it couldnt hurt us in the god awful possession game we have had over the last little while

Reactions: Silencio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad