Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We'll be lucky if he gets us half that. They can't count on Ryan for production going forward, there's no point in hoping for it. The best thing is to just pretend he doesn't exist and hope he doesn't pass on his habits to our young players.

Just have to wait out his contract. Not much else can be done.

Ryan's fine, we just need to find a role for him where using his hands in any fashion whatsoever is not required.

Reactions: Clayonator

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, the talent is there on the team still but we need a total team effort this season. As bad as things are I think things could still go well if everyone gives it their all.

Reactions: Icelevel

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, the talent is there on the team still but we need a total team effort this season. As bad as things are I think things could still go well if everyone gives it their all.

Everyone would have to play at their absolute peak, and we'd have to avoid any critical injuries because we have no depth.

It's a tall order.

And it's a lot to ask with so much uncertainty on the horizon.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
tanking doesn't guarantee the top pick anymore. We finished 2nd last past season, and ended with Brady ****ing Tkachuk. Ask Vancouver fan about the new lottery system...

I don't understand why people keep perpetuating this tanking myth. It's stupid. It accomplishes nothing. It's a videogame strategy that doesn't happen in the real world.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't understand why people keep perpetuating this tanking myth. It's stupid. It accomplishes nothing. It's a videogame strategy that doesn't happen in the real world.
Its not tanking. Dorion thinks this terrible group is a contender. Acknowledging and accepting what he's built would go a long way in going forward and rebuilding.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Its not tanking. Dorion thinks this terrible group is a contender. Acknowledging and accepting what he's built would go a long way in going forward and rebuilding.

What's he supposed to say? The team sucks and has no hope in hell of going far?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What's he supposed to say? The team sucks and has no hope in hell of going far?
He is supposed to say finishing 30th is unacceptable. There will be changes to improve the team. Everything needs to be evaluated...He said all that. Point it is not so much the saying as the doing.

I am looking forward to the 2020 draft at this point.. If he can hold the course we should be in for a top 5 pick again.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
"Nothing’s really going on," Seguin said. "It’s been a little disappointing. I thought I’d have some exciting news to talk about at BioSteel Camp, especially this late in the summer. It’s been disappointing. But at the end of the day, I obviously have one year left here. I’m just going to focus on that."

Maybe time to give Stars fans the crappy trade offers they deserve.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Like 110%
At least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->