Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Nashville is gonna regret that Turris contract sheesh

Watching him in the playoffs reminded me why I didn't want him here longterm

I agree that I am not sure if Turris can be a guy who won't lose gas in the playoffs, but it would not surprise me at all to see NSH move Turris before the contract is half over. If Turris comes back next year and puts up 50+ points, he'll be an attractive piece. Unless NSH decides to hold on to Turris for too long, I don't think this is a situation where NSH is going to be stuck with a bad contract.

Turris has got zero trade protection. Centers are always in high demand He also signed on the absolute lower end of his market value. If we see another raise to the cap like we did this previous off season, the cap would be at 84.5M for the 2019 off season. If the Predators are worried about a future decline, they could probably move Turris at that point for a healthy return that would get them back at least a big chunk of what they gave up.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
When was that reported? All I saw was he wanted a 7 or 8 year deal, and Ottawa didn't, and that a 6 year deal was never on the table.

If that were true then Turris would be a Senator right now.

Yup

The 6.5 per season, was what I read here.

Kyle Turris blames Senators owner, not management, for contract impasse that led to trade

Turris has said he initially asked for a contract that took him into his mid-30s worth roughly $6.5 million per season. Per Turris' account, Senators owner Eugene Melnyk wasn't eager to offer the long-term deal to Turris. So instead, the team dealt its 28-year-old No. 1 center to Nashville in a three-team trade that brought Matt Duchene to Ottawa from Colorado.

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I agree that I am not sure if Turris can be a guy who won't lose gas in the playoffs, but it would not surprise me at all to see NSH move Turris before the contract is half over. If Turris comes back next year and puts up 50+ points, he'll be an attractive piece. Unless NSH decides to hold on to Turris for too long, I don't think this is a situation where NSH is going to be stuck with a bad contract.

Turris has got zero trade protection. Centers are always in high demand He also signed on the absolute lower end of his market value. If we see another raise to the cap like we did this previous off season, the cap would be at 84.5M for the 2019 off season. If the Predators are worried about a future decline, they could probably move Turris at that point for a healthy return that would get them back at least a big chunk of what they gave up.

I know a team who could use a second line centre...:sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Man we signed an enormous bullet with that one.

The only problem is Dorion dodged a bullet but took a shotgun blow with how much he gave up.

Better off losing Turris for nothing keeping the dressing room in tact and having our first, 3rd and Bowers still. Even if Duchene extends thats still my personal opinion.

I remember when we all had Alexei Kaigorodov pencilled in as our #2 centre in the off season.

Atleast he was a full out pro and played with men and had good foot speed. And he still didnt make it.

Brown belongs no where near the NHL yet. The guy needs serious time to get stronger, faster and used to the pro game. Big players take a long time to develop and he really isnt close if you are looking at this reasonably and realistically. Stone was a way better 19 year old than Brown when he turned pro and still played 91 AHL games before playing for the sens full time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yup

The 6.5 per season, was what I read here.

Kyle Turris blames Senators owner, not management, for contract impasse that led to trade

Turris has said he initially asked for a contract that took him into his mid-30s worth roughly $6.5 million per season. Per Turris' account, Senators owner Eugene Melnyk wasn't eager to offer the long-term deal to Turris. So instead, the team dealt its 28-year-old No. 1 center to Nashville in a three-team trade that brought Matt Duchene to Ottawa from Colorado.
Gaslighting or incredibly poor reading comprehension?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Anybody want to help me settle an arguement over why our prospect pool is better than MTL,s??

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Ceci + Smith for trouba are the kinds of deals we should be looking for.

Deals in which we massively rip off the other team? Completely agreed. Would take a lot more than Smith + Ceci to land Trouba, though. Add a top 5 prospect and you're still not there, imo.

Reactions: bert

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ceci + Smith for trouba are the kinds of deals we should be looking for.

We need a new owner who can also absorb the cost of the short term cap dump because Winnipeg is in cap problem going towards a full blown cap hell next year with other key signings in the offing.

I only see those kinds of moves being made then. Ceci may actually get to play his natural role in Winnipeg's defensive depth, at a much lower cost than Trouba.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Deals in which we massively rip off the other team? Completely agreed. Would take a lot more than Smith + Ceci to land Trouba, though. Add a top 5 prospect and you're still not there, imo.

Trouba is much better than Ceci, but not worth a top5 as an add. The only way Ottawa can get a sniff is by alleviating some Jet cap issues, which obviously won't happen in reality. Fun to ponder though.

Ottawa can remove Smith, at which point they need to add a prospect but Trouba isn't worth trading a Tkachuk, Brown, White, Gustavsson, Batherson, JBD, or Tychonik.

Ceci + Forementon for Trouba?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be honest I'd rather have our 2019 1st+3rd+Bowers than either Duchebe or Turris.
If we had neither we would likely have another 1st and a prospect as well that Turris could have fetched at the TDL. I mean if we are rebuilding .. having a couple 1sts .. at least 1 high one in next years draft would look pretty good. This one foot in one foot out stuff is not going to get us very far. I keep wondering what the plan is that Dorion spoke about... He didn't like to use he terms rebuild or retool. He has really delayed any Karlsson extension or trade. Is Duchene's willingness to stay contingent on them having a NHL worthy team? What about Stone is he in regardless for the long haul? How much does signing both of them influence Karlsson or Melnyk in looking at his available cash? When we moved Brassard was that not a sign that we would be at least retooling? Shipping Hoffman out for half his value hurt. What about Smith ...the offers were not good enough at the TDL supposedly. What happened to moving him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we had neither we would likely have another 1st and a prospect as well that Turris could have fetched at the TDL. I mean if we are rebuilding .. having a couple 1sts .. at least 1 high one in next years draft would look pretty good. This one foot in one foot out stuff is not going to get us very far. I keep wondering what the plan is that Dorion spoke about... He didn't like to use he terms rebuild or retool. He has really delayed any Karlsson extension or trade. Is Duchene's willingness to stay contingent on them having a NHL worthy team? What about Stone is he in regardless for the long haul? How mush does signing both of them influence Karlsson or Melnyk in looking at his available cash? When we moved Brassard was that not a sign that we would be at least retooling? Shipping Hoffman out for half his value hurt. What about Smith ...the offers were not good enough at the TDL supposedly. What happened to moving him?
Hey SOA ,do you think MTL has a better prospect pool than MTL,s as of right now??Just asking because you seem to have a good handle on prospects

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just listening to TSN with Ian and Sean openly contemplating trading Mark Stone. This is where we're at. Trading our star 26 year old forward has become a real possiblity.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hey SOA ,do you think MTL has a better prospect pool than MTL,s as of right now??Just asking because you seem to have a good handle on prospects
1. Jesperi Kotkaniemi (C) < Chabot
2. Ryan Poehling (C) < Tkachuk
3. Victor Mete (D) < Brown
4. Noah Juulsen (D) < White
5. Jesse Ylönen (RW) < Batherson
6. Josh Brook (D) < Formenton
7. Cayden Primeau (G) < Gustavsson
8. Jacob Olofsson (F) < Chlapik
9. Cale Fleury (D) < JBD
10. Jake Evans (C/RW) < Wolanin

top 10 from their own rankings , top 10 from our own
imo

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just listening to TSN with Ian and Sean openly contemplating trading Mark Stone. This is where we're at. Trading our star 26 year old forward has become a real possiblity.

They are saying what people want to hear.

This fanbase seems to jerk off to the notion of how bad our management, how poor our owner is and how screwed the franchise is.

No one wants to hear about the possibility of a rebound. Too many people like you who have emotionally invested in hating almost everything about this team.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If we sign Duchene then no. Duchene is by far the best of all those assets and he's 26/27 years old.

If the first ends up being Jack Hughes then that's fair but that's still very unlikely.
I'm of the opinion that some of the other top 10 ranked guys will challenge for the #1 spot in 2019. I don't think Hughes going 1 is absolutely set in stone yet. He probably still goes 1 but I think there will be a healthy debate like with Matthews and Laine but there will probably be 2-3 guys in contention. Right now a top 5 pick in 2019 is much more valuable to a rebuilding/basement team like the Sens than a 27 year old with one year on his contract. I'd easily trade Duchene straight up for Kakko or Turcotte for example right now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad