Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Phaneuf or Ceci were the #2D, not Methot.

Methot was simply paired with our #1D, but the other two played in all situations and had more average TOI. Phaneuf played PP too.
Doesn’t matter who is considered the #2D tbh. The fact is we lost our top four defencman that played with Karlsson for nothing and thought we could still compete for the cup without him and MacArthur.

No team is going to contend for a cup with Ceci and Phaneuf as your second and third best dmen.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yikes! That is a helluva lot more than he deserves at this point in his career.

Dunno, a 23 year old D-man coming off a 50 pt season is likely to get paid. Plus he stepped up when Suter went down to injury and handled it well.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Doesn’t matter who is considered the #2D tbh. The fact is we lost our top four defencman that played with Karlsson for nothing and thought we could still compete for the cup without him and MacArthur.

No team is going to contend for a cup with Ceci and Phaneuf as your second and third best dmen.

Well ya, obviously. I’m just disagreeing with the notion that Methot was our #2, which some people seem to believe.

Reactions: jehkob

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t get Dorion’s plan to not tell anyone what the Sens intend on doing. I know he said it’s because he doesn’t want to tip his hand, but that doesn’t help sell tickets. The fans want to know what the plan is. Assuming there is one. It’s been deathly quiet all summer so far.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don’t get Dorion’s plan to not tell anyone what the Sens intend on doing. I know he said it’s because he doesn’t want to tip his hand, but that doesn’t help sell tickets. The fans want to know what the plan is. Assuming there is one. It’s been deathly quiet all summer so far.
No kidding.

At least talk up the draft and dev camp and free agency like we get every single other year. This is all so strange. Imo it indicates that either something big like a sale is brewing, or they've purposely put a no media availability policy out because they're mad at the media.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It’s because he actually doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
No kidding.

At least talk up the draft and dev camp and free agency like we get every single other year. This is all so strange. Imo it indicates that either something big like a sale is brewing, or they've purposely put a no media availability policy out because they're mad at the media.
"Euge..."

"Yeah Pierre... what's up?"

"Euge... come on man, we've got to come up with a real plan, we're running out of time here. The media is starting to camp out in front of my house... I'm not liking this... come on Euge, give me a break man!!!"

"It's fine... don't worry Pierre. We'll make a plan when the time is right. You're making this sound like it's a circus! ...speaking of which, I have to return this call. Hang in there Pete."

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
He's probably got his hands full trying to sort out the myriad of disasters that are going on this summer.

Karlsson
Stone
Ceci
Duchene
Anderson
Rick Lee

You guys need to make up your minds. Why the eff would he tip his hands or tell the media what the specifics of their plan is. What benefit does this provide?

You can't say he sucks for not making deals// getting signings done, to turn around and chastise him for being a dummy gm as soon as he does something/ anything.

Like is it THAT important that you can tear his every move apart just to say he sucks and you're the knowledgeable hockey mind.

Like good grief. Be patient. Buddy is under a mountain of garbage that he's trying to clean up with a staff of 1.

I'm not saying he's clear of criticism, but for some poster's no matter what he does is gonna be a misstep

Its summer. Im sure you'll hear announcements soonish.

I love hfboards but some times the eagerness to crap on our own organization/// debate every minutiae can be a bit much.

***not at anyone in particular but the narrative is soooooo repetitive sometimes.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
He's probably got his hands full trying to sort out the myriad of disasters that are going on this summer.

Karlsson
Stone
Ceci
Duchene
Anderson
Rick Lee

You guys need to make up your minds. Why the eff would he tip his hands or tell the media what the specifics of their plan is. What benefit does this provide?

You can't say he sucks for not making deals// getting signings done, to turn around and chastise him for being a dummy gm as soon as he does something/ anything.

Like is it THAT important that you can tear his every move apart just to say he sucks and you're the knowledgeable hockey mind.

Like good grief. Be patient. Buddy is under a mountain of garbage that he's trying to clean up with a staff of 1.

I'm not saying he's clear of criticism, but for some poster's no matter what he does is gonna be a misstep

Its summer. Im sure you'll hear announcements soonish.

I love hfboards but some times the eagerness to crap on our own organization/// debate every minutiae can be a bit much.

***not at anyone in particular but the narrative is soooooo repetitive sometimes.
Solid buddy, well said. I might be pissed at the direction of this team but You get it.

Trevor Shackles did a good bit today on Hockeybuzz reviewing Dorions trades. He's doing a 3 part review.

Reactions: senswon

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So has Karlsson been traded/signed, Stone signed, or Duchene signed? Or is Pierre still in the bunker?

Reactions: Sensators

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anything associated with hockeybuzz isn't worth thinking about.
This is when this board descends into complete darkness. They’re just people tryin to make it as writers/whatever else . If hockeybuzz gives that opportunity they take it.
It’s an opinion. People say the exact same thing about HF boards like. “It came from Hf boards so it can’t be good”.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This is when this board descends into complete darkness. They’re just people tryin to make it as writers/whatever else . If hockeybuzz gives that opportunity they take it.
It’s an opinion. People say the exact same thing about HF boards like. “It came from Hf boards so it can’t be good”.

This is true like 9.5/10 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad