Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
We should sign him.

What message does it send if we tell players to work hard and buy in, then we go out and trade a guy who after an up and down NHL career (his fault) finally turns the corner and buys in?

We also might get a bit of a discount because of his history of flaming out.

It doesn't have to be a long term deal. 2 years to buy up his last RFA years would be good.

I agree, we should 100% sign AD.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We should go after Murray/Jarry in the off-season if Pittsburgh makes one of them available.

Trade Pageau for a late 1st and then use that pick (+ more) to acquire a young starter.

Not sold on any of our young goalies as future starters at the NHL level.

Reactions: NB613

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
We should go after Murray/Jarry in the off-season if Pittsburgh makes one of them available.

Trade Pageau for a late 1st and then use that pick (+ more) to acquire a young starter.

Not bad focus on Murray but I try to on Holtby

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not bad focus on Murray but I try to on Holtby
Holtby will likely like a 7 year deal at Bobrovsky money.
Holtby turns 31 at the start of next season.
I love Holtby, don’t get me wrong. But the kind of contract he’s going to get worries me.

He would be Ottawa’s solution in goal though. I have mixed opinions in this.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Galchenyuk seems to have negative value right now and Pitt wants to get rid of him the same way CBJ wanted to get rid of Duclair.

Can a Boedker for Galchenyuk trade work out? Similar cap hit and both UFAs.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Galchenyuk seems to have negative value right now and Pitt wants to get rid of him the same way CBJ wanted to get rid of Duclair.

Can a Boedker for Galchenyuk trade work out? Similar cap hit and both UFAs.
Hell no. Galchenyuk can actually still play. I asked and they seemed to think a 2nd plus lajoie was about in line and I tend to agree.

Edit: my mistake, I didnt realize he was a ufa, pass

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Murray is inconsistent, Jarry is unproven and that’s way too much to give up

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Hell no. Galchenyuk can actually still play. I asked and they seemed to think a 2nd plus lajoie was about in line and I tend to agree.

Galchenyuk is effectively a UFA if his current level of play is not great enough to merit his qualifying offer. That has to be considered if the Senators acquire him.

Boedker only works if 900k in cap space is worth more to Pittsburgh than Galchenyuk. Boedker has negative value. So it becomes entirely a cap trade.

Pittsburgh might do it once their lineup is healthy because they can bank the cap space until the deadline. In that way, 900k today gets them more than 900k worth of players a few months from now.

It really depends on how useless Galchenyuk has been. I haven't watched a lot of him in Pittsburgh so I can't comment.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

A 2nd and Lajoie for a player that their own GM just said likely wouldnt dress if they were healthy? No thank you.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Galchenyuk is effectively a UFA if his current level of play is not great enough to merit his qualifying offer. That has to be considered if the Senators acquire him.

Boedker only works if 900k in cap space is worth more to Pittsburgh than Galchenyuk. Boedker has negative value. So it becomes entirely a cap trade.

Pittsburgh might do it once their lineup is healthy because they can bank the cap space until the deadline. In that way, 900k today gets them more than 900k worth of players a few months from now.

It really depends on how useless Galchenyuk has been. I haven't watched a lot of him in Pittsburgh so I can't comment.

I think this could easily be a leclair situation all over again where he needs big minutes and a coach that will play him.

I screwed up, I thought he had a year left, but if he's in line for a QO, then I really think itll be worth it.

But then...the other side of the coin is to stay the course and not make those kind of acquisitions.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think this could easily be a leclair situation all over again where he needs big minutes and a coach that will play him.

I screwed up, I thought he had a year left, but if he's in line for a QO, then I really think itll be worth it.

But then...the other side of the coin is to stay the course and not make those kind of acquisitions.

His QO is the same as his cap hit, but his cap hit is 4.9M. If a player who doesn't do a lot else isn't producing, that's too big. I'll be surprised if he gets that much from whoever he signs with next season, even if it is whoever owns his RFA rights. (He can stay for less without being qualified)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
His QO is the same as his cap hit, but his cap hit is 4.9M. If a player who doesn't do a lot else isn't producing, that's too big. I'll be surprised if he gets that much from whoever he signs with next season, even if it is whoever owns his RFA rights. (He can stay for less without being qualified)
Would you not take a chance on Galchenyuk bouncing back for that price?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Yeah. Love this idea. If we get a top 2 pick and add a legit starter we have makings of a good young team. Maybe not a playoff contender but one that can compete. Go even further and add a good D in free agency and we're half way to flavour town.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Galchenyuk doesn’t fit age wise. 26 in February. We are 2 years from playoff contention and probably 3-5 from contender.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Galchenyuk doesn’t fit age wise. 26 in February. We are 2 years from playoff contention and probably 3-5 from contender.

The team isn't going to turn into a contender (playoff or otherwise) without some veterans around to set the example.

Galchenyuk may not be the right guy to target, but if this team isn't even going to look at retaining/acquiring guys who are between 26 and 30 years old this team could be looking at a much longer rebuild than expected.

Reactions: DrEasy and Boud

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The team isn't going to turn into a contender (playoff or otherwise) without some veterans around to set the example.

Galchenyuk may not be the right guy to target, but if this team isn't even going to look at retaining/acquiring guys who are between 26 and 30 years old this team could be looking at a much longer rebuild than expected.
There is Anisimov, Brown, maybe Pageau and Ryan up front. On D there is Zaitsev and perhaps Demelo anddBoro along with Nillson in goal.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
There is Anisimov, Brown, maybe Pageau and Ryan up front. On D there is Zaitsev and perhaps Demelo anddBoro along with Nillson in goal.

Are we not talking about in 3-5 years when this team is potentially contending?

Anisimiv will be long gone, Pageau may be gone as soon as this off-season (as could DD), Ryan and Zaitsev seem to be giant question marks based around their respective off-ice issues (and let's be real, Ryan isn't going to be some dependable vet near the end of his deal, he's barely one now).

If you're issue at hand is that you don't wanna trade for Galchenyuk it's entirely reasonable take. But you specifically mentioned a 25 year old being "too old" to be part of the rebuild, and I have to take issue with that.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Are we not talking about in 3-5 years when this team is potentially contending?

Anisimiv will be long gone, Pageau may be gone as soon as this off-season (as could DD), Ryan and Zaitsev seem to be giant question marks based around their respective off-ice issues (and let's be real, Ryan isn't going to be some dependable vet near the end of his deal, he's barely one now).

If you're issue at hand is that you don't wanna trade for Galchenyuk it's entirely reasonable take. But you specifically mentioned a 25 year old being "too old" to be part of the rebuild, and I have to take issue with that.
By that time Chabot Tkatchuk and others will have 5-6 years of experience.

odhiambo

Apr 12, 2009
Proposal: Ottawa/Florida

To Florida: J.G Pageau and Craig Anderson

To Ottawa: Serron Noel + 2020 1st Round Pick

Florida gets an elite 3rd Line C who is proven in the playoffs. They also get a very capable G to be a backup to Bob during the playoffs.

Ottawa gets a very good RW prospect and another 2020 first round pick.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad