Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I'd bring back Spezza. I think he brings alot to the table for 900k and could be a good mentor to the young guys.
Agreed but just if we free another contract spot. I don t want to lose the chance to have Pulju. I think Spezza make 700k

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Its hard pass for me for pretty much any aging veteran (especially someone from LA) whos going to block the kids from getting minutes this season - except for our boy Spez.

Whatever he is at this point in his career, I dont care and Im the farthest thing from being opposed to him coming here to retire as a Sen. And even if he has nothing positive to offer us on the ice, I have no doubt that he can offer some good advice and leadership to the kids off the ice.

Probably getting a little ahead of myself now, but I would love it if he chose to stick around after his career and work on the development side of things for the Sens as a skills coach, or something to that effect. He just loves hockey so I bet he would be great at it with his insane skills and upbeat personality.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
There is no space for spezza

And he isn’t that good rather go after someone else

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
St. Louis trades young Robert Fabbri to Detroit for Jacob de La Rose.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is Fabbri the one who had some major hip surgery/problems not too long ago? Maybe the team thinks there might be long-term effects on his play or ceiling.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Is Fabbri the one who had some major hip surgery/problems not too long ago? Maybe the team thinks there might be long-term effects on his play or ceiling.
Yup he has had some bad injuries

not a bad risk though to take on for det

hopefully they get better

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

two ACLs on the same knee... pretty big damage.

would not have minded taking a flyer on him, tbh.

hopefully he scores a bunch of goals for the Wings!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There is no space for spezza

And he isn’t that good rather go after someone else

Picking up Spezza would be a development move. He'd be a player coach for guys like Brown, White and Tkachuk. We've got a coaching staff that is heavy on the defensive experience, having a guy like Spezza that can share tricks of the trade on the offensive side with the young kids could pay dividend; look at the dynamic between Barkov and Jagr, Jagr helped Barkov take his game to the next level.

Spezza is a student of the game, he's hockey obsessed, there's lots of knowledge he can pass on.

orkid

Jun 25, 2014
Funny that the people who don't want Spezza back are the same ones who hope we tank and end up in last place. He's absolutely the type of player we should be picking up. Worst case? He brings us closer to Byfield/Laf. Best case? He redeems his value and we flip him at the deadline.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
two ACLs on the same knee... pretty big damage.

would not have minded taking a flyer on him, tbh.

hopefully he scores a bunch of goals for the Wings!

Can't help but wonder if the Blues know something medically the rest of the league doesn't.

Not saying the kid is injured right now, but perhaps their doctors think his knee might not survive a long career effectively. Could be the old adage of trading a guy a year (or, in this case, 3 years) early instead of a year too late.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Funny that the people who don't want Spezza back are the same ones who hope we tank and end up in last place. He's absolutely the type of player we should be picking up. Worst case? He brings us closer to Byfield/Laf. Best case? He redeems his value and we flip him at the deadline.
I’m not sure we have room for him without clearing out a body.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Fabbri trade seemed like a case where he was going to be waived anyways so both sides worked something out.

STL gets some organizational depth, DET doesn't lose a contract spot.

DET probably ends up first in waiver priority when Fabbri would have been waived.

Fabbri is overvalued on HFBoards based on potential 3 years ago. A year ago I would have been down for him as a reclamation. Now, it's pretty clear he is done as an NHLer.

Reactions: Deku

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Calling this trade:

Ott: Puljarvii
Edm: Jon Davidson, 2nd 2021

Davidson being displayed for other GMs to see

Reactions: NB613 and DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events