Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He is a defensive minded 3C who is top 15ish in the league in goals.

Hes having a career year on a team with limited centre depth. He isnt going to maintain that level of production going forward, and he isnt going to get the same kind of ice time when younger players start maturing either.

I'm all for keeping pageau. I'd probably offer him more than a lot would to stay. But only on a shorter term deal. If he wants to cash in on a long term contract, that isnt viable for a team with a budget.

And if that's the case they need to trade him

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Hes having a career year on a team with limited centre depth. He isnt going to maintain that level of production going forward, and he isnt going to get the same kind of ice time when younger players start maturing either.

I'm all for keeping pageau. I'd probably offer him more than a lot would to stay. But only on a shorter term deal. If he wants to cash in on a long term contract, that isnt viable for a team with a budget.

And if that's the case they need to trade him

I completely agree - but Pager is welcome to say “thanks but no thanks” to your short term offer.

I wonder how much back challenging goes on with Agents and teams re: pending UFA’s?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
his cap hit is 5mill for 3 years not 6mil... Not bad for a short term deal
That’s my point. Pageau at 6m for 3-4 yrs with a contender who can fit him in cap wise is not a bad move at all. And I suspect there will be teams, quiet a handful actually, who would be able to make that work

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I think a few people here are undervaluing Pageau a bit. Yes, it's a contract year and we have no centre depth, but it's not like he's getting more offensive opportunities.. we don't have wing depth either, he's still playing with third line players, he's just getting more icetime. He has 4 PP assists and 0 PP goals. He's just dominating ES matchups.

He may never replicate this offensive production again, but this isn't a case of just moving up the lineup to play with better players, he's creating it for himself.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think a few people here are undervaluing Pageau a bit. Yes, it's a contract year and we have no centre depth, but it's not like he's getting more offensive opportunities.. we don't have wing depth either, he's still playing with third line players, he's just getting more icetime. He has 4 PP assists and 0 PP goals. He's just dominating ES matchups.

He may never replicate this offensive production again, but this isn't a case of just moving up the lineup to play with better players, he's creating it for himself.

I would keep Pageau at $3-$3.5 M for 3 years if he would sign, but trade him otherwise for the best offer I could get (hopefully a first round pick) from a team looking for a defensively strong 3rd line center with a bit of upside for a push in the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would keep Pageau at $3-$3.5 M for 3 years if he would sign, but trade him otherwise for the best offer I could get (hopefully a first round pick) from a team looking for a defensively strong 3rd line center with a bit of upside for a push in the playoffs.

He is making 3.4 this year he won't extend without giving him a raise.

4.5 is the lowest i see it taking to sign him and thats probably not close to enough

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He is making 3.4 this year he won't extend without giving him a raise.

4.5 is the lowest i see it taking to sign him and thats probably not close to enough

4.5 or more for 5 years is not the amount I would pay for a player with his skillset on this team at this time. Might as well save the money for other players entering RFA in the next few years.

Reactions: DrEasy and Gesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad