Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What a horrible trade that would be for Ottawa lmao

I wouldn't be happy with that kind of return, but this is Pierre Dorion we're talking about.

The fool has gotten poor value on almost every trade he's made. I don't expect that will change anytime soon.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I wouldn't be happy with that kind of return, but this is Pierre Dorion we're talking about.

The fool has gotten poor value on almost every trade he's made. I don't expect that will change anytime soon.

What’s your opinion on the Brassard return?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Translation: with 9.3 million available under the cap, Bergevin is looking at another "Armia deal", where he would acquire a good player + a cap dump

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Coyle's exactly the type of player Ottawa should look to get more of. Tiereny for Coyle is easy do for Ottawa; big, fast, hard player to play against, 2 way threat.

I would legit not be surprised to see a trade based around Dzingel and Coyle too.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Coyle's exactly the type of player Ottawa should look to get more of. Tiereny for Coyle is easy do for Ottawa; big, fast, hard player to play against, 2 way threat.

I would legit not be surprised to see a trade based around Dzingel and Coyle too.

For whatever reason, Ottawa ends up trading for these players I have soft spots for on other teams...

Ryan
Brassard
Duchene
Boedker
Turris

Coyle is another one of those guys.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Translation: with 9.3 million available under the cap, Bergevin is looking at another "Armia deal", where he would acquire a good player + a cap dump

Dorion just looks to get rid of players he never really seems to care what the return is

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
We need a veteran D bad. I’d imagine Faulk might be available, but not sure who we can offer that makes sense. Dzingel if he had one more year would maybe make sense 1 for 1, but as a UFA, no way. No way we trade White/Batherson/Tkatchuk and Tierney is not enough. Hoffman for Faulk would have been a good one....

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
My sense is that tue goaltender market is costly for two reasons. One a decent goalie is costly and two there simply isn't any available. Many teams are looking for one.

We might be waiting to see if Condon can get healthy and rebound.

Extremely risky to keep riding Andy such as we are.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had not heard any interest in Coyle but if something goes down its probably Dzingle if i had to guess.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I'd be down for Coyle.

I wonder of MIN is looking at Pageau or Tierney? With Koivu out i could see it.
Maybe JGP or Tierney for Coyle

Makes our Forwards look better IMO:

Coyle-duchene-batherson
Tkachuk-white-stone
Boedker-Pageau/Tierney-Ryan
Pjaarvi-Smith-Pyatt

Deal Dzingel for the best pick we can get (should be a late 1st..)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Coyle seems to be their only real RH option in their top 9 ,that may complicate a deal between us and them....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure why we'd be looking at forwards other than because we expect to lose some or all of the UFA we have. If losing Stone/Duchene/Dzingel wasn't a concern, you'd think that we'd be looking to make room up front by dealing a forward.

Focus should be on shoring up the D and getting a goalie that can take over from Andy when he retires until one of Hogberg or Gus is ready.

This year is development, but healthy, or forward group is pretty solid;

1a: Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson
1b: Tkachuk-White-Stone
3a: Boedker-Tierney-Ryan
3b: Smith-Pageau-Pyatt/Paajarvi

That's three solid scoring lines and a pretty darn good checking line for the 3b line and that's without dipping into prospects like Chlapik, Brown, or Balcers

If we're interested in Coyle, that's a bad omen for keeping Dzingel imo.

Reactions: NB613

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
My honest guess for Coyle is they're thinking about dipping into the prospect pool to acquire him. Proclaim the rebuild is over to hopefully land a playoff spot and a few extra bucks.

Gaborik and Chlapik for Coyle. Gabby could retire a member of the wild, and they pay him off on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad