Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That 2 year contract should have made Burrows value non existent he had a full NMC and would only accept a trade to a team that would extend him, the market for a player like him with those conditions was very low, and we somehow paid a recent 2nd round pick for him.

Agreed. Dumb trade.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If they trade Stone and Duchene for picks and non-sure thing prospects, they will need to give out 10K in freebies next October to get an 11K crowd at the games.

Not only will they suck, but like the Oilers in the last 10 years, bringing in youth too early for warm bodies will see them get their asses kicked until they cannot recover from the confidence loss that comes with it.

Sell Gene, let somebody with a brain take over a team with 3 top 30 scoring players, add to that on defense and clear out the washed up vets and Ceci, and instantly have a chance to win every night, selling tickets and ignoring the moronitude that is the cheap cost per point debacle.

The key when rebuilding is having competent and stable vets at a good price. Good secondary guys who can support and stabilize the kids.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Was it the Boro-Melnyk interview where Melnyk made reference to all the upcoming draft picks we have? That was a slip revealing the overall plan. What do people think is the source of these multiple picks if not from trading everyone with any value (and keeping Ryan of course).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Was it the Boro-Melnyk interview where Melnyk made reference to all the upcoming draft picks we have? That was a slip revealing the overall plan. What do people think is the source of these multiple picks if not from trading everyone with any value (and keeping Ryan of course).

I tend not to pay too much attention to stuff like that coming out of Melnyk's mouth

Reactions: Gesus

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I think management and ownership will tear down the team to rebuild. It's tough to tell if they truly believe a rebuild is necessary or if they are doing it because Melnyk is broke. I dont really believe them when they talk about signing Stone or Duchene. Dorion seems to put a positive spin on things and just tells fans what they want to hear regardless of what the actual truth is.

Reactions: Gesus

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don’t get why Pittsburgh would make that trade with us.
Anyone?

Last edited:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

”The central issues players look towards in making free agency decisions focuses on the stability of ownership and management,” said a player agent, requesting anonymity. “In the case of Ottawa, based on the unbalanced and volatile nature of ownership, the club would need to dramatically outbid other teams in free agency to have a chance at attracting elite players on the market.”

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

”The central issues players look towards in making free agency decisions focuses on the stability of ownership and management,” said a player agent, requesting anonymity. “In the case of Ottawa, based on the unbalanced and volatile nature of ownership, the club would need to dramatically outbid other teams in free agency to have a chance at attracting elite players on the market.”

It's a no brainer

Reactions: topshelf15

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think management and ownership will tear down the team to rebuild. It's tough to tell if they truly believe a rebuild is necessary or if they are doing it because Melnyk is broke. I dont really believe them when they talk about signing Stone or Duchene. Dorion seems to put a positive spin on things and just tells fans what they want to hear regardless of what the actual truth is.

Dorion: ‘I need $200 million to resign Karlsson, Stone and Duchene’

Melnyck: ‘Do they walk on water’

Dorion: ‘No. They skate on water.’

Melnyck: ‘I said WALK!!!’

Dorion: ‘So it’s a no to resigning our core?’

Melnyck: ‘There’s just no loyalty, first Alfie, and now these guys’

Dorion: ‘If we don’t sign them, we’ll never be able to afford our top talent and we will be in a permanent state of rebuilding, always having to sell off our top players for draft picks.’

Melnyck: ‘did you say rebuild? I can’t build anything in Ottawa so this ‘rebuild’ sounds very close to ‘building an arena’. I love it.
Let’s rebuild for forever’

Dorion: ‘Yes Mr. Melnyck.’

Reactions: Que and Icelevel

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Rumor: - Charlie Coyle being dangled (OTT, MTL, BOS interested)

Apparently we're interested in Coyle? His contract expires at the end of next season and his salary for next year is 4.25m. He has 13 points in 29 games this season.

I replied to the rumour thread on the trade board saying I would definitely not mind trading Tierney for Coyle, would be a better fit going forward I think. But I would not add much, at most some marginal prospect or 3rd rounder.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I replied to the rumour thread on the trade board saying I would definitely not mind trading Tierney for Coyle, would be a better fit going forward I think. But I would not add much, at most some marginal prospect or 3rd rounder.

Given Duchene's injury, I wonder if we're willing to trade a C right now. Personally, I feel like Dzingel fits better with our M.O.

That said, I could also see Tierney. Was my initial thought, too.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Given Duchene's injury, I wonder if we're willing to trade a C right now. Personally, I feel like Dzingel fits better with our M.O.

That said, I could also see Tierney. Was my initial thought, too.

Fair enough, although Coyle can also play C (not as effective as at wing however). If Duchene is out long-term, the season is lost anyways so if you think Coyle makes you better the next few years I think they should pull the trigger anyways. Tierney is never going to be more than a 3C, and its obvious that his hot start did not reflect him as a player. I like Tierney, seems mature beyond his years but he is a marginal player and if they think Coyle can be a top 6 Player (possibly Dzingel replacement) then I'm all for it.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014

Based on that, we’ll won’t be able to sign anyone who isn’t deaf, dumb, and blind! Lord have mercy, when will this circus pull up stakes and move on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad