Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
My honest guess for Coyle is they're thinking about dipping into the prospect pool to acquire him. Proclaim the rebuild is over to hopefully land a playoff spot and a few extra bucks.

Gaborik and Chlapik for Coyle. Gabby could retire a member of the wild, and they pay him off on the side.

I don’t think this makes a lick of sense. A move like that would lead to fewer fans, not more.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
My honest guess for Coyle is they're thinking about dipping into the prospect pool to acquire him. Proclaim the rebuild is over to hopefully land a playoff spot and a few extra bucks.

Gaborik and Chlapik for Coyle. Gabby could retire a member of the wild, and they pay him off on the side.
Or just adding young pieces to the rebuild. Coyle is young

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
If we acquire Coyle, it’s for another forward. He’s not playing on the 4th line. Can’t see it for Tierney as much, but can for Dzingel.

Edit - Unless they plan on sending Batherson back down.

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Wait you guys dont think Matthews is worth 4 firsts?

His market value would be six 1sts right now, 7 if he hasn't had the injuries. +4 to take from a division rival, +2 from top two rival, so that's 12 firsts.

You could essentially tank an entire decade and not land a Matthews so yeah, he's worth at least 4.

Do they have to be "your" 1sts though? Could you acquire a few from other organizations and just pay those up front?

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
His market value would be six 1sts right now, 7 if he hasn't had the injuries. +4 to take from a division rival, +2 from top two rival, so that's 12 firsts.

You could essentially tank an entire decade and not land a Matthews so yeah, he's worth at least 4.

Do they have to be "your" 1sts though? Could you acquire a few from other organizations and just pay those up front?

No, they have to be "your" firsts.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Not with his glass shoulder, by the time he hits 300 NHL games his shoulder will be finished and his shot will go with it. He's going to break down fast.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If we acquire Coyle, it’s for another forward. He’s not playing on the 4th line. Can’t see it for Tierney as much, but can for Dzingel.

Edit - Unless they plan on sending Batherson back down.

I had the same thought but MIN is quite deep on the left side:
- Zucker
- Parise
- Greenaway
- Foligno

Also, if they trade Coyle they will only have 3 forwards who shoot right:
- Kunin
- Fehr
- Brown

The rumour indicated that they are looking for a C or a right shot winger in return.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

He's worth four firsts for most teams.

But is he worth giving up four unprotected 1sts in the context of us losing Stone+Duchene to facilitate his acquisition? That, and us spending enough on him that Toronto doesn't match? Maybe 15 million? So 1/4th of what we are currently spending, but on one player?

I don't think that would be a prudent move by the Senators.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
What do you think we could get from Edmonton for Dzingel + Ceci? I feel like they are both perfect fits. Dzingel would be their best natural winger and Ceci would give them RD depth, something they sorely, horribly lack.

They don't have a ton of cap-space, so at least one of the following players would need to be involved:
- Sekera (LTIR) (5.5 x 3)
- Nurse (3.2 x 2)
- Russell (4.0 x 3)
- Klefbom (unlikely) (4.167 x 5)
- Spooner (3.1 x 2)
- Kassian (1.95 x 2)

EDIT:
I could also see something around Dzingel & Nichushkin.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What do you think we could get from Edmonton for Dzingel + Ceci? I feel like they are both perfect fits. Dzingel would be their best natural winger and Ceci would give them RD depth, something they sorely, horribly lack.

They don't have a ton of cap-space, so at least one of the following players would need to be involved:
- Nurse (3.2 x 2)
- Russell (4.0 x 3)
- Spooner (3.1 x 2)
- Kassian (1.95 x 2)
3 way deal with Detroit. We get Franzen and Zetterburg.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

- Nurse (3.2 x 2)
- Russell (4.0 x 3)
- Spooner (3.1 x 2)
- Kassian (1.95 x 2)

EDIT:

I think a very interesting scenario (for both teams) could be us taking Cam Talbot in return.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think a very interesting scenario (for both teams) could be us taking Cam Talbot in return.

I was going to mention him but he has a 21-team NTC (10 teams he can be dealt to) that I believe he has already submitted. Also, he's played quite well under Hitchcock. If he starts to struggle again (and Koskinen keeps up his stellar play), I could see a deal emerging but they would need to acquire a goalie somehow.

One goalie that is on my radar is Dubnyk. He's contributed to Minny's struggles but he only earns 6.0 mil over the next 2 years. Again, they would need another goalie in return but it could be something to look at this summer.

EDIT: Doubt we take him but...

Last edited:

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I had the same thought but MIN is quite deep on the left side:
- Zucker
- Parise
- Greenaway
- Foligno

Also, if they trade Coyle they will only have 3 forwards who shoot right:
- Kunin
- Fehr
- Brown

The rumour indicated that they are looking for a C or a right shot winger in return.

I wonder if the fact Dzingel can play RW would help offset it? I know what you mean though. I’m a big Coyle guy. Wanted to trade for him years ago. I’d much rather trade Pageau for him than Coyle given Tierney while nothing flashy can really dish the puck. Not sure Minny would go for that though.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Tierney for Coyle makes the most sense to me. When Pegeau is back he takes his spot - and we got Chlapik Brown and Norris on the way.

Coyle can add to our RW depth with Stone and Batherson

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tierney for Coyle makes the most sense to me. When Pegeau is back he takes his spot - and we got Chlapik Brown and Norris on the way.

Is our 7.25M man gonna be plugging it out on the 4th line?

I hope we don't go after Coyle and if we're trading Tierney or Pageau it better be for a good D prospect.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

- Nurse (3.2 x 2)
- Russell (4.0 x 3)
- Spooner (3.1 x 2)
- Kassian (1.95 x 2)

EDIT:

Damn would I love to get Nurse.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I like the idea of adding Coyle because I think he'd fit in well on a 3rd line with JGP but to me adding Coyle for Tierney makes little sense given their contractual situation. Coyle is older, produces less, and will become a UFA after next season. Next season he's also making 4.25M compared to Tierney who makes 3M and is RFA at the end of his deal.

I'd do Boedker for Coyle, or Dzingel for Coyle if Minny wants to re-sign Dzingel.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I hope we don't go after Coyle and if we're trading Tierney or Pageau it better be for a good D prospect.

Ryan can play LW and has played for a good portion of his career on the left as well.

Ryan/Boedker/Dzingel - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Ryan/Boedker/Dzingel - Pageau - Coyle
Smith-Tierney -Paajarvi

Then trade Ceci and whatever for an older (but better) defensemen.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Steve Simmons flinging poo at the wall again, so I won't give him the clicks he so desperately wants.

But, in his article he floats a statement that Karlsson has been hinting that he won't re-sign in San Jose. He editorializes it around the team being in disarray as sort of the main reason, but .. yeah.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

Ryan can play LW as well .. maybe a Ryan-Pageau-Coyle 3rd line?

I'm kind of assuming Dzingel is traded and Formenton takes a spot in the top 9 next year.

Still cant believe we are this far into the season without any of Dzingel Duchene and Stone signed.

Well I guess I can believe it - cuz Dorion absolutley sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad