Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Steve Simmons flinging poo at the wall again, so I won't give him the clicks he so desperately wants.

But, in his article he floats a statement that Karlsson has been hinting that he won't re-sign in San Jose. He editorializes it around the team being in disarray as sort of the main reason, but .. yeah.

Karlsson not re-signing is probably good for Ottawa. Either he gets dealt at the deadline because they are out of the playoffs, and it helps get us a top 15 pick with lottery odds this season, or they keep him at the deadline but put themselves in a position to be worse next year since they don't re-sign him.

Yes, we get a 2nd round pick next year if he stays in San Jose, but I think the possible upside of getting their 2020 pick with no Karlsson on their team, or the Sharks possibly missing the playoffs if they sell off pieces at the deadline is better than a 2nd and a late 1st if they make the playoffs or keep Karlsson.

There's also the slim chance that a team like Washington, Pittsburgh (if they get it together), Toronto, Tampa, or Boston decide to go nuts and out bid a Western team for him at the deadline to the point that even with San Jose having to give us a 1st round pick before 2022 due to Karlsson playing in the East, the offer is good enough that it makes sense.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Taresenko and Parayko would be big targets of mine

Add a core piece to the re-tool - both 26 and under.

The perfect winger for Duchene and the perfect partner for Chabot/Lajoie

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ryan can play LW as well .. maybe a Ryan-Pageau-Coyle 3rd line?

I'm kind of assuming Dzingel is traded and Formenton takes a spot in the top 9 next year.

Still cant believe we are this far into the season without any of Dzingel Duchene and Stone signed.

Well I guess I can believe it - cuz Dorion absolutley sucks

If we get Coyle he would be almost definitely talking Dzingel's spot in the top 6; meaning a number 5/6 guy in our top 6 depth chart.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Agree that we shouldn’t necessarily trade forwards at this point. This offseason, sure. Chaplik, Norris, Balcers, Brown and Formenton are likely only 1-2 years away. We need to resign Stone and Duchene at all costs, then we can ship a centre for a winger or D.

Roster Depth going into next season assuming we can resign Duchene and Stone:

LW C RW
Tkatchuk Duchene Stone
Boedker White Batherson
Formenton Tierney Ryan
Chlapik Pageau
Balcers Brown
Norris

I’m basing this off Dzingel being shipped at the deadline.

I think at least 2 of Brown, Chaplik or Formenton make the jump next year. Norris probably 2 years away and not sure on Balcers, can someone whose been watching Belleville tell which is closer to NHL quality between Balcers and Chaplik?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ryan can play LW as well .. maybe a Ryan-Pageau-Coyle 3rd line?

I'm kind of assuming Dzingel is traded and Formenton takes a spot in the top 9 next year.

Still cant believe we are this far into the season without any of Dzingel Duchene and Stone signed.

Well I guess I can believe it - cuz Dorion absolutley sucks
I cringe at the idea of that line and its skating. Ryan and Coyle are slow to begin with then you put them with Pageau coming off Achilles surgery. That'd be a really bad line in its own zone and in transition. Then you have Ryan playing LW when he's no longer any kind of threat to shoot the puck, I hate Boucher using him on that side of the ice on the PP. He's so useless there.

Reactions: Multigrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->