Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If Stone doesn't want an extension, would Ottawa be enticed to a 1 for 1 swap with Tarasenko?

Contracts AAV are similar so Melnyks payroll is relatively unaffected and Tarasenko has term, similar age, same position.

Something isn't right in St. Louis so a shakeup may be in order and this idea popped in my head.

Reactions: Beville

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
If Stone doesn't want an extension, would Ottawa be enticed to a 1 for 1 swap with Tarasenko?

Contracts AAV are similar so Melnyks payroll is relatively unaffected and Tarasenko has term, similar age, same position.

Something isn't right in St. Louis so a shakeup may be in order and this idea popped in my head.
Melnyk/Sens don’t do Russians..

Reactions: SensFactor

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I would be in favor of trading Tierney, Boedker and Demelo at the trade deadline. They started out strong but they have been a lot more mediocre lately. I am not convinced that they are log term pieces and if someone is willing to overpay then I think we should trade them.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I would be in favor of trading Tierney, Boedker and Demelo at the trade deadline. They started out strong but they have been a lot more mediocre lately. I am not convinced that they are log term pieces and if someone is willing to overpay then I think we should trade them.
I'd like to keep Tierney and Demelo another year at least. I think both have been steady.

Reactions: Beville

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

I'd do this in a heartbeat.

The Blues would not.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd do this in a heartbeat.

The Blues would not.

I'm pretty sure they would do that easily if Stone would agree to an extension.

Stone is probably the best two way winger in the game and has been better than Tarasenko last year and this year at least. They are both young and although Tarasenko is a better goal scorer he is not nearly as good as Stone all around and Stone still produces more.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
we really need to start taking some waivers on some cheap d men. so they can intermittently be plugged into the lineup to give a kid or two a break.. it doesn't even matter if theyre crap theyre just lambs for slaughter.. I now undewrstand cecis value lol. shit player for shit situations so no one else is negatively impacted

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure they would do that easily if Stone would agree to an extension.

Stone is probably the best two way winger in the game and has been better than Tarasenko last year and this year at least. They are both young and although Tarasenko is a better goal scorer he is not nearly as good as Stone all around and Stone still produces more.

Stone getting massively overrated again.

Tarasenko is signed at 7.5 cap hit unti 22-23. He is far more valuable than Stone.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stone getting massively overrated again.

Tarasenko is signed at 7.5 cap hit unti 22-23. He is far more valuable than Stone.

Tarasenko is overrated he's not been the same player he was a couple years ago and Stone has just been better and better.

Don't agree at all. There is no way in hell Tarasenko is more valuable than Stone and even less "far more" valuable that's just false. Especially considering we were talking about an extended Stone. Their game away from the puck is not even comparable on top of Stone being better offensively. Tarasenko has a better shot but that's it.

This season and last Stone has been 1.09PPG while Tarasenko has been 0.83PPG. This is not close especially that Stone is better defensively.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Tarasenko is overrated he's not been the same player he was a couple years ago and Stone has just been better and better.

Don't agree at all. There is no way in hell Tarasenko is more valuable than Stone and even less "far more" valuable that's just false. Especially considering we we're talking about an extended Stone. Their game away from the puck is not even comparable on top of Stone being better offensively. Tarasenko has a better shot but that's it.
Over the last 3 1/4 seasons.

Tarasenko is 20th in scoring for Forwards with 118 goals and 231 points.
Stone is 34th with 74 goals and 201 points.

Tarasenko is locked into a 7.5 cap hit.
Stone will sign for significantly more.

Tarasenko has more value.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Stone carries far more value as a hockey player, even at 8.5M cap hit. But if Stone isn't re-signing Tarasenko would be a steal in a deal.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Nah he doesn't.

Stone will sign for 1.5M more per and is worth more as well. Tarasenko will be more valuable when he can start playing like he did 3 1/4 seasons ago.

One is trending up and one is trending down.

If we can't re-sign Stone I'd take Tarasenko but I'd much rather keep Stone.

Also Stone is not a goalscorer, he's more of a playmaker stealing pucks and transitoning the game from the Dzone to the Ozone. Tarasenko is a sniper.. No point in comparing goals.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Nah he doesn't.

Stone will sign for 1.5M more per and is worth more as well. Tarasenko will be more valuable when he can start playing like he did 3 1/4 seasons ago.

Also Stone is not a goalscorer, he's more of a playmaker stealing pucks and transitoning the game from the Dzone to the Ozone. Tarasenko is a sniper.. No point in comparing goals.
You really think tarasenko is trending down ? Truthfully.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Nah he doesn't.

Absolutely.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You really think tarasenko is trending down ? Truthfully.

He's not playing as good as he did a couple years back just ask Blues fans or go on the Blues board. He's still a good player let's not kid ourselves but Stone is in another tier right now and has been for 100 games while playing with Pageau, Smith, Brassard, Tierney.

There are rumours somethings up between him and St-Louis maybe that explains it but he certainly has not been as good as he had previously been.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He's not playing as good as he did a couple years back just ask Blues fans or go on the Blues board. He's still a good player let's not kid ourselves but Stone is in another tier right now and has been for 100 games while playing with Pageau, Smith, Brassard, Tierney.

There are rumours somethings up between him and St-Louis maybe that explains it but he certainly has not been as good as he had previously been.
I definitely like Stone's all around game better. The fact that he makes other players better is huge.

I would try to resign him unless his demands are lubricious, which I don't think they will be if he genuinely wants to be here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to keep Tierney and Demelo another year at least. I think both have been steady.

Lol they are 24 and 25 years old on terrific contracts that post made absolutely no sense from an asset management and financial position. Tierney has been awesome this year, what did people expect exactly? He isnt a fancy player so people have a hard time seeing his value but he makes the right play almost every time on both sides of the puck.

This team needs to get rid of Ceci he is brain dead/doesnt care its one of the two. The complete lack of effort at times and defensive awareness is a guy that doesnt care/isnt prepared or just flat out sucks. I really think its an attitude thing more than anything with him because he has the physical ability. Its not an easy place to play in your home town, especially when everything is magnified and the coach uses you in the incorrect way, id probably want out too.

Demello has been a pleasant surprise for me, he is a bottom pairing D that has played over his head at a great price and seems to have a good attitude.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Its true he is trending down, not the same player I am afraid some Russians really mail it in at 30 too. I have no interest in trading Stone for him id rather go for futures, but really any Stone trade at this point I am going to stop following this team there is no point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He has more value only because he is signed, at 7.5 million the sens should be in the ball park to sign Stone and he is the more valuable signed asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad