Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I wonder if we move on from Borowiecki this season. It's possible that he won't get many minutes and he's a pending UFA. Unless we're going with an arrangement where we consistently give him 1 year six figure deals to be our 7th-8th D who is good in the room, it might be in both sides best interest to move on. The Senators probably get a late pick for him, and Borowiecki would presumably go somewhere that he might get a shot in the top 6. I assume it would be to a team that has had injuries hurt their depth chart and create an opening that Boro' could try to take advantage of.

Boro's value has gone down since he fights less and disrupts the game less. I am not saying he should fight, or that he's wrong to prioritize his health, only that he brings less since he's not doing it. He benefited from Boucher's proclivity to play 7 defenseman. It allowed more defenseman to come into the lineup on a regular basis. Unless DJ Smith has the same philosophy as Boucher, it's going to be more difficult for Borowiecki to play on the regular as our defense develops going forward.

Here's our defense in terms of what should be close to sure things to make the NHL based on their performances last season. (Not pairings, just organizing them)

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Jaros
Wolanin-Demelo

Considering the Senators roll with 22 roster players and not 23, that means that there is probably one final spot. Fighting for that spot would be Borowiecki, Brannstrom, Ebert, Englund, and Lajoie. I'm not suggesting the team is going to hand Jaros or Wolanin their spots, but it is pretty clear based on games at the end of the last season that those two are a tier above the other prospects in our system.

The above makes it look to me like Borowiecki could be on his way out. Maybe his leadership is valuable enough that we decide to carry 23 players solely for keeping him in the room, but we've moved on from players pegged as leaders before. We traded Zack Smith a few weeks ago and he was always hyped as a strong locker room guy. So I think if a chance comes up for us to get some value in a trade for Boro' while also giving him the opportunity to go somehwere that he'll play, we'll take that trade.

You really think we could get a late pick for Boro? I'm less hopeful here.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't understand why there isn't just running threads for each player (e.g. Chabot) and one for the topic of Eugene and the state of affairs of the team.

I really don't understand.
I'm sure there is, regardless Melnyk comes into every thread, for good reason. Trying to remove Melnyk and such from threads is idiotic, it quite literally is involved in all discussions involving the Sens.

I understand closing threads like the Chabot one just then, somewhat, but it's gotten awful. 7 locked threads on the 1st page, some understandable.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You really think we could get a late pick for Boro? I'm less hopeful here.

I think we could get a late pick, it doesn't mean it will happen. I think it would take the right circumstance. A team having lots of injuries and needing a bandaid in their #6 spot. If we're lucky, Boro's past reputation as a gritty player makes him a bit more marketable as a trade piece.

Reactions: Cosmix

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I'm sure there is, regardless Melnyk comes into every thread, for good reason. Trying to remove Melnyk and such from threads is idiotic, it quite literally is involved in all discussions involving the Sens.

I understand closing threads like the Chabot one just then, somewhat, but it's gotten awful. 7 locked threads on the 1st page, some understandable.

Just be happy and praise Melnyk and no threads will be locked. Simple as that.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ken Holland should be all over a Boro for Puljit Harvey deal like flies on shit. Get 'er done already.

If healthy, I can see Boro fetching a 2nd from a contender as depth at the deadline - just for his shotblocking and truculent abilities alone. His leadership abilties are highly overrated, but he does lead by example and play his hearts and teeth out. I can see a contending GM bite.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ken Holland should be all over a Boro for Puljit Harvey deal like flies on ****. Get 'er done already.

If healthy, I can see Boro fetching a 2nd from a contender as depth at the deadline - just for his shotblocking and truculent abilities alone. His leadership abilties are highly overrated, but he does lead by example and play his hearts and teeth out. I can see a contending GM bite.

GMs will always surprise us. Petrovic for a 3rd, Caggiula for Manning. I'd be surprised to see us get anything more than a 4rth for Boro but who knows.

I don't think Edmonton would trade Puljujarvi for that type of player though, I think they'll push for a pick and they don't need Boro either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think we could get a late pick, it doesn't mean it will happen. I think it would take the right circumstance. A team having lots of injuries and needing a bandaid in their #6 spot. If we're lucky, Boro's past reputation as a gritty player makes him a bit more marketable as a trade piece.

I think Smith is going to like Boro. That said I could see him shipped off at the TDL.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
GMs will always surprise us. Petrovic for a 3rd, Caggiula for Manning. I'd be surprised to see us get anything more than a 4rth for Boro but who knows.

I don't think Edmonton would trade Puljujarvi for that type of player though, I think they'll push for a pick and they don't need Boro either.

I don't think Dorion is trading away their fav heart n soul MVP leader no brand captain Borowaycki as PD likes to call him. If anything, he is the only untouchable player in Melnyk owned Sens World. Cheap. No dental insurance to pay. Happy to eat dog food on the road to sacrifice for this team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't understand why there isn't just running threads for each player (e.g. Chabot) and one for the topic of Eugene and the state of affairs of the team.

I really don't understand.
I don't want to pull this thread off topic so you can pm me if you want to discuss any further but; there is the Bullying and backstabbing: the Ottawa Senators are pro sport's biggest mess thread that is intended to cover discussion on Eug and the state of the team.

The Chabot contract thread always seemed a bit premature to me, but it was generating new conversation. When it started repeating itself and people started going after each other instead of introducing new opinions or arguments it was time to go imo. It was also becoming less and less about Chabot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't want to pull this thread off topic so you can pm me if you want to discuss any further but; there is the Bullying and backstabbing: the Ottawa Senators are pro sport's biggest mess thread that is intended to cover discussion on Eug and the state of the team.

The Chabot contract thread always seemed a bit premature to me, but it was generating new conversation. When it started repeating itself and people started going after each other instead of introducing new opinions or arguments it was time to go imo. It was also becoming less and less about Chabot.

Thanks for the explanation Mick. You are pretty much always level headed and a good Mod because of that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Too many folks on both sides of the fence stuck on the same routine.

By now, we've all said our piece on the matter and no one is "switching sides"...yet the yapping still goes on and on and on. At this point, it's on the posters, not the mods.

Reactions: FlapJackKing

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Too many folks on both sides of the fence stuck on the same routine.

By now, we've all said our piece on the matter and no one is "switching sides"...yet the yapping still goes on and on and on. At this point, it's on the posters, not the mods.

I hear what you are saying but .. unfortunately its a real factor when it comes to making competitive offers and when we talk about signing a star player .. it is only natural that it comes up. It also factors into trade speculation or actual trades of star players. It is a real factor.

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Someone said it elsewhere, but a combination of Chabot - Bernard Docker, Brannstrom - Thomson, Wolinan - Jaros, LaJoie (7) in two years would be amazing. That means everyone else (Demello, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Borowiecki, etc) should be on the table for picks when the opportunity arises. Starting this next TDL at a minimum. Feed the system.

And Dorion needs to (sign! and) protect these up-coming guys as the future core D.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Someone said it elsewhere, but a combination of Chabot - Bernard Docker, Brannstrom - Thomson, Wolinan - Jaros, LaJoie (7) in two years would be amazing. That means everyone else (Demello, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Borowiecki, etc) should be on the table for picks when the opportunity arises. Starting this next TDL at a minimum. Feed the system.

And Dorion needs to (sign! and) protect these up-coming guys as the future core D.

Most of them are signed I think . He also needs to figure out who the Lee, Weircoch, and Cowen’s of that group may be.

Reactions: JungleBeat

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Most of them are signed I think . He also needs to figure out who the Lee, Weircoch, and Cowen’s of that group may be.
Chabot the big need. I do think that most of these guys, when they finally come together, with work nicely as a Team. I wonder who will be handling the D corps in two years.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I hear what you are saying but .. unfortunately its a real factor when it comes to making competitive offers and when we talk about signing a star player .. it is only natural that it comes up. It also factors into trade speculation or actual trades of star players. It is a real factor.

Ok but what does bringing it up add to a conversation? Every single person here is already well aware of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad