Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I’d probably keep the Swede. I prefer his playing style more. Dobson is a horse though and a potential Chabot - Dobson pairing would be scary.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’d probably keep the Swede. I prefer his playing style more. Dobson is a horse though and a potential Chabot - Dobson pairing would be scary.
Top D pair in the league in the not too distant future. I would definitely do it. Dobson has that minute munching all situations ability with good size.

Reactions: Samboni

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Would drive him to the airport and pay for his bags

Eugene Melnyk after he reads your post.

tenor.gif

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I guess I didn't even consider the argument in favor of Dobson - that we have a few really good offensive defensemen in the system, but we don't really have a prospect like Dobson, an all-round workhorse who could play both special teams and against opponents' top lines.

That said, at this point in the rebuild, you gotta go BPA, and when the choice is between two prospects picked within a few spots of eachother, I'll take the guy who's established himself as a top three defenseman on his team in two of the top five leagues in the world over the guy who has only proven himself in junior, all day every day.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Lots of people want Dobson to play with Chabot, i m agreed but I see Zeitsev play with Chabot and have the same impact

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Would anyone else trade Brannstrom for Dobson 1 for 1?
I think Dobson is a better fit for what we need right now but not necessarily the better player. If I knew that we could count on building around what we have and not losing players as soon as they need a new contract, I'd do it. As it stands, I wouldn't do it.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think Dobson is a better fit for what we need right now but not necessarily the better player. If I knew that we could count on building around what we have and not losing players as soon as they need a new contract, I'd do it. As it stands, I wouldn't do it.
Good point.

With the chance that Chabot is gone next summer, Bran could fill a need.

If Thomas is signed, then I’d love to run Dobson out there with him for half the game.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How have the Sens not taken a waiver on Poolparty?

I get a deep Filatov/Gilbert Brule vibe from Poolparty. I see a guy who is shockingly injury prone already and who is well on track to being a big ol' bust. Unless Edmonton is willing to give him away for a third, I'm taking a pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad