Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I would be very tempted to trade White + SJS 1st for Tkachuk... keep the brothers together for the rest of their careers and draft Lafrenier next summer (if things work out).
If Calgary can’t re-sign him what chance do we have?

It would also probably have to be our 1st instead of SJ’s for Calgary to even consider it.

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I would be very tempted to trade White + SJS 1st for Tkachuk... keep the brothers together for the rest of their careers and draft Lafrenier next summer (if things work out).

It would cost a lot more than that.

Probably our 1st or Batherson or Brannstrom as a starting point. The Flames have no reason to trade him and we cannot offer sheet him without giving up at least out next two 1st rounders.

If there is no market for Frolik at his cap hit, maybe we could take advantage of the situation by doing something like Boedker (half retained) for Frolik. Hopefully with an asset coming our way. Frolik is probably worth a 3rd at the deadline when a team only has to add his remaining cap hit. So we could possibly double dip asset wise.

Flames do it because Frolik is unhappy, we are assuming there isn't a market for him since they have yet to move him, and CGY needs to shed cap to help cover Tkachuk's salary.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

It would also probably have to be our 1st instead of SJ’s for Calgary to even consider it.

I don't think CGY is going to fail to re-sign him.

Most big RFAs are in a holding pattern.

They have no reason to trade Tkachuk and another big money player is the last thing we need when we haven't proven we are committed or able to pay our own. If we have a finite amount of resources to distribute to Chabot/best Tkachuk/White/whoever else breaks out, adding another 8+ million dollar player will just mean we lose one of those other players prematurely. The exception being if we can actually spend and everything pointing to us being unable to spend is just a series of coincidences.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Excuse my ignorance but haven't followed the situation too closely, is cap space the problem? If so I know of an absolute moronic owner and office staff that would be more than willing to help out by grabbing a few of those high cap low real dollar players, will overpay to boot!

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
With a long term extension in place, would you guys trade our 1st for Laine?
No. Great player, but I'll take our top 5 long term. Plus there's 3 years of ELC that Eugene would never trade. Next offseason would be a decent time for a trade/offer sheet, but right now we need to be all in on the 2020 draft. Maybe try to upgrade one of those 2nds to another 1st.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Nope.

Nice goal scorer, but you need an elite playmaking center to get the most out of him....and at his height, having back issues so early scares the crap out of me. Kid might be retired by his late 20s. If we had a 21-yer-old McDavid or Crosby as 1C, I would be really tempted.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No, the Sens need a #1C or a top end big minute eating #1st pair defender. Going all in with wingers (Tkachuk at 4th and the Laine with a top 5 pick in 2020) isn’t a very smart way to build the team.

They should be prioritizing a number 1C like Byfield and/or a big minute munching D like Dobson/Drysdale.

Reactions: Cosmix

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't think CGY is going to fail to re-sign him.

Most big RFAs are in a holding pattern.

They have no reason to trade Tkachuk and another big money player is the last thing we need when we haven't proven we are committed or able to pay our own. If we have a finite amount of resources to distribute to Chabot/best Tkachuk/White/whoever else breaks out, adding another 8+ million dollar player will just mean we lose one of those other players prematurely. The exception being if we can actually spend and everything pointing to us being unable to spend is just a series of coincidences.
It was based on the scenario that they couldn't re-sign him. That would pretty much be the only reason they'd trade him.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We can't afford to pay anyone to the point our roster is a disaster and there's a discussion about acquiring Tkachuk or Laine?!?!

This team can't sign anyone let alone high profile rfa's due massive bonus laden contracts.

This team just tried to peddle a Zaitsev cap dump as some huge addition, think much much smaller and less exciting. Something like a Louis Erikson and Bobby Ryan swap to circumvent the cap again is more likely.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
We can't afford to pay anyone to the point our roster is a disaster and there's a discussion about acquiring Tkachuk or Laine?!?!

This team can't sign anyone let alone high profile rfa's due massive bonus laden contracts.

This team just tried to peddle a Zaitsev cap dump as some huge addition, think much much smaller and less exciting. Something like a Louis Erikson and Bobby Ryan swap to circumvent the cap again is more likely.
I was just trying to imagine a world without Melnyk, and asked what would it cost, leaving Melnyk's finances aside.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Plus our second round pick cause Loui is owed much less in actual salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad