Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, no.

No guarantee Brady doesn't have a sophomore slump now that he'll be playing without Stone all year and will be targeted by opponents as he's probably our best forward.

Zaitsev and Hainsey are bottom pairing defensemen at this point in their careers. Zaitsev could rebound, but I highly doubt it given that our current head coach was his D coach for the last two years in which he flat out sucked.

And Boucher is and always will be a much better coach than Smith. Feel pretty confident about that. It wasn't Boucher's fault that we sucked the last two years - can chalk that up to him having absolutely nothing to work with. Guy is a great coach that was a goal away from taking a thoroughly mediocre Sens team to the Stanley Cup finals.

Oh please. That was the biggest fluke run of the decade. Rope a dope only goes of far in this league, and facing a Boston team with virtually no defense, and a Rangers team on the edge of a cliff gifted us two rounds. It wasn't Boucher.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We'll be a pretty bad team, but the reality is there's too much parity to lock any team into any spot. One hot streak by a goalie and you can throw your prediction out the window.

Besides, it's in our best interest to be terrible, so with our luck we'll somehow finish around 25th because of some crazy unsustainable run where the team rallies around each other in the league and then see 3 teams jump over us in the lottery draft.
Valid points.

I just think they are going to be so outclassed on most night that the hot steaks will help them get to 50.

In the end it is just a prediction and sports can make us look like savants one day and fools the next if we are willing to play Nostradamus and make a public declaration.

For what it is worth, I called for 65 points last year and overshot by 1.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
When do other's view the appropriate time to move out Chabot and Tkachuk? Assuming we won't pay either, I would be looking to move Chabot ASAP...certainly well before the deadline. Tkachuk might be good to wait until this offseason. Im hoping Pierre doesn't back himself into a corner again at the last minute, as has been the trend.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
When do other's view the appropriate time to move out Chabot and Tkachuk? Assuming we won't pay either, I would be looking to move Chabot ASAP...certainly well before the deadline. Tkachuk might be good to wait until this offseason. Im hoping Pierre doesn't back himself into a corner again at the last minute, as has been the trend.
Chabot at this deadline.

Brady you hold on to until you see what the new CBA brings.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nick Paul and a 3rd for Pulju is all I hope we end up offering.

Aside from the character issues, hip injuries scare the poop out of me (for pro athletes and everyone else).

Now if we could get Frolik from Calgary for Boedker and Boro I’d be doing cartwheels.

I feel like we’re going to be the surprise good story team this season. Of all the teams this offseason - we improved the most.
What?
NJ added Hughes, Subban, Simmonds and Gusev.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Of all the teams this offseason - we improved the most.

We're a worse team today than we were on opening night from last season, and that better team from last season was the worst team in the league.

Since opening night, Oct 2019...

OUT:
- Mark Stone
- Matt Duchene
- Ryan Dzingel
- Cody Ceci
- Zack Smith

IN:
- Anthony Duclair
- Artem Anisimov
- Connor Brown
- Nikita Zaitsev
* (no idea if Brannstrom will even make the team this year, or how effective he will be as a rookie... Even if he turns out to be a good player in the future, rookie defenceman usually aren't good right away)

Like... I'll take the first package of players if we're evaluating strictly on the merits of how we did last year vs how we'll do this year. Package B is clearly a downgrade for this season.

We only look "more improved" because we stripped the roster down to near Expansion Team-levels of bad contracts and unskilled players at the trade deadline.

Last edited:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
We're a worse team than we were on opening night from last season, and that better team from last season eas the worst team in the league.

Since opening night, Oct 2019...

OUT:
- Mark Stone
- Matt Duchene
- Ryan Dzingel
- Cody Ceci
- Zack Smith

IN:
- Anthony Duclair
- Artem Anisimov
- Connor Brown
- Nikita Zaitsev
* (no idea if Brannstrom will even make the team this year, or how effective he will be as a rookie... Even if he turns out to be a good player in the future, rookie defenceman usually aren't good right away)

Like... I'll take the first package of players if we're evaluating strictly on the merits of how we did last year vs how we'll do this year. Package B is clearly a downgrade for this season.

We only look "more improved" because we stripped the roster down to near Expansion Team-levels of bad contracts and unskilled players at the trade deadline.
Not agreed , Ok I take Stone and Duchene but we get rid of Ceci and Smith thats is a big improvement and we change all the coaching staff make a big difference

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not agreed , Ok I take Stone and Duchene but we get rid of Ceci and Smith thats is a big improvement and we change all the coaching staff make a big difference

Losing Stone and Duchene is WAY more of a loss than the slight gains we made in the Ceci & Smith deals. Upgrading a cpuple of depth players can't possibly even begin to offset losing two 1st line forwards. In the aggregate, we're still way behind.

Like... It's not even close. Not even close to being close.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Losing Stone and Duchene is WAY more of a loss than the slight gains we made in the Ceci & Smith deals. Upgrading a cpuple of depth players can't possibly even begin to offset losing two 1st line forwards. In the aggregate, we're still way behind.

Like... It's not even close. Not even close to being close.
Not sure we play decent hockey after he go. Plus now with no Ceci and Smith

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure we play decent hockey after he go. Plus now with no Ceci and Smith
I’m always fascinated by the degree to which people are willing to delude themselves.

We are much weaker than the beginning of last year.

Reactions: Sens

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I’m always fascinated by the degree to which people are willing to delude themselves.

We are much weaker than the beginning of last year.
Ok you take the same roster and coaching staff than last year for the next season over this roster for this year. Will see if we make less point this year

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Chabot at this deadline.

Brady you hold on to until you see what the new CBA brings.

Good point about the CBA, there maybe something new in there that will allow the team to extend not paying young talent, which could allow for an extra cheap year or two prior to the inevitable trade.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
We went 6-11-1 after the trade deadline, and had a -18 goal differential in those games.

By almost every metric, we were a worse team after trading away Stone/Duchene/Dzingel than we were with them.

And that records with opponents taking the night off to rest it up for the playoffs lol

Reactions: BonkTastic

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Ok you take the same roster and coaching staff than last year for the next season over this roster for this year. Will see if we make less point this year

I’ll take the under on 64 points without hesitation.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

If we cannot match offer sheets, we should be shopping Chabot now. Trades take time, we probably wouldn't move him until next summer.

The exception would be of we expect something to change in the CBA that would allow us to match.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we cannot match offer sheets, we should be shopping Chabot now. Trades take time, we probably wouldn't move him until next summer.

The exception would be of we expect something to change in the CBA that would allow us to match.

Does not follow ... Dorion's unrealistic hope till the last possible second approach

Reactions: Yak

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Does not follow ... Dorion's unrealistic hope till the last possible second approach

I would guess that approach we took with Stone and Duchene had more to do with ownership and the organization wanting to try and sell tickets.

With that said, I don't actually think we'd shop Chabot now. Even if we know be is gone in July, we will hold out for the same reasons we did with Stone/Duchene. Then we will trade Chabot before July 1st when he'd be susceptible to an Aho offer sheet (that in this scenario we are assuming) we wouldn't be able to match.

Obviously, if we can pay Chabot 20M in bonuses over 12 months, it is moot. But how many people are confident that we can commit to that?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

If they cant re-sign Chabot, move, sell or shut down the team they dont belong in this league. It shouldnt even be a debate.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would guess that approach we took with Stone and Duchene had more to do with ownership and the organization wanting to try and sell tickets.

With that said, I don't actually think we'd shop Chabot now. Even if we know be is gone in July, we will hold out for the same reasons we did with Stone/Duchene. Then we will trade Chabot before July 1st when he'd be susceptible to an Aho offer sheet (that in this scenario we are assuming) we wouldn't be able to match.

Obviously, if we can pay Chabot 20M in bonuses over 12 months, it is moot. But how many people are confident that we can commit to that?

Yes well Chabot is one of the few real draws right now as well. And I really think Dorion hopes on both ends; that the player will want to stay and that Melnyk will open the wallet a little more so it that it could happen.. He has lost his bets on that trying to sign Stone as and RFA and at the TDL and Karlsson and Duchene , well, not sure he would have stayed anyway.. which he pretty much made clear when he said he wanted to play playoff hockey right after we got him and right before Doh and Melnyk came up with their big zero step plan.

Reactions: Yak and Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If they cant re-sign Chabot, move, sell or shut down the team they dont belong in this league. It shouldnt even be a debate.

Agree fully, outside of new ownership I can't see how Eugene will be able to afford even just the bonuses required for a Chabot deal, forget about Tkachuk and what a top 3 draft pick this year would inevitably command.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I think the best time to trade Chabot would be the deadline. The benefit is because of his age he's just as valuable to a rebuilding team as would be to a current contender. Of course we'd get more pieces from a contender and it will be an easier sell to the fanbase than jettisoning him to a team in a similar position to us.

I expect to see something like Chabot to a contender for the next 2 years unprotected firsts and a couple B+ level prospects.

Tkatchuk you hold onto until the next cba is signed. Start fielding offers after that pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad