Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Boro for a 5th.

giphy.gif

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
With Anisimov being here now, I think they can probably go ahead and deal then both.

Tierney will be cheap for 1 more year though. Unless Brown, Chlapik, Norris, etc have huge development years, it's not like we're overloaded down the middle.

I see the Sens trading Pageau, then squeezing out Tierney's last RFA year before trading him at the '21 TDL.

Reactions: Boud and Cosmix

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Teams will not be trading away their 1st round picks in one of the deepest drafts in years for mid-tier depth rentals like Pageau, DeMelo, and Hainsey.

Everything of high value has already been sold off of the roster.

Tend to agree and doubt those guys could fetch first-rounders normally, but I would also try and kick it down the road. Ottawa already has a lot of picks for this draft, sometimes you can extract more if you put ask for something a year or so in the future instead.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To NJ:
Bobby Ryan, Craig Anderson, Tampas 5th

To Ottawa
Cory Schneider, Brett Seney, Bostons 4th
No more goalies please. They should be able to trade Anderson at some point in 2020 to a team that is making a run and needs goalie depth.

Bobby is here to stay, need him to reach the cap floor once they start trading all the expiring contracts.

Tierney for Puljujarvi and a 2020 2nd from Edmonton maybe?

Reactions: NB613

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
No more goalies please. They should be able to trade Anderson at some point in 2020 to a team that is making a run and needs goalie depth.

Bobby is here to stay, need him to reach the cap floor once they start trading all the expiring contracts.

Just 1 vs 1 I do it Tierney is rfa next year

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Anders Nilsson is not a long term solution. Cory helps us reach the floor. I also feel he is due for a rebound soon.
Just not this year. This year we need to tank...Hard.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just 1 vs 1 I do it Tierney is rfa next year
Edmonton fans were ready to do Puljujarvi and 3rd for Tierney in a heart beat. Puljujarvi's value has been hurt due to him refusing to play for them I would do either for a 2nd or 3rd. Tierney is an RFA correct, so he has value not sure what your point was they wont lose him for nothing he is a more valuable commodity than people seem to believe around here. 48 points defensively responsible 25 year old who is cost controlled.

Sens need more Finnish. Yes to Puljujarvi. Boom (or bust & move on)..
Agreed worth the risk for the sens at this point.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Edmonton fans were ready to do Puljujarvi and 3rd for Tierney in a heart beat. Puljujarvi's value has been hurt due to him refusing to play for them I would do either for a 2nd or 3rd. Tierney is an RFA correct, so he has value not sure what your point was they wont lose him for nothing he is a more valuable commodity than people seem to believe around here. 48 points defensively responsible 25 year old who is cost controlled.

Agreed worth the risk for the sens at this point.
My point was I don t think Edmonton have cap space for resign Tierney next year so Pulju + 2 rnd for one year it s expensive. But if he want for a third go for it

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My point was I don t think Edmonton have cap space for resign Tierney next year so Pulju + 2 rnd for one year it s expensive. But if he want for a third go for it

Ohh ok now I understand. How big of a raise do you think he is going to get? He is making just under 3 million now i dont see him getting more than 5 do you?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Ohh ok now I understand. How big of a raise do you think he is going to get? He is making just under 3 million now i dont see him getting more than 5 do you?
not 5 but something around 3.8 - 4.5

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Nick Paul and a 3rd for Pulju is all I hope we end up offering.

Aside from the character issues, hip injuries scare the poop out of me (for pro athletes and everyone else).

Now if we could get Frolik from Calgary for Boedker and Boro I’d be doing cartwheels.

I feel like we’re going to be the surprise good story team this season. Of all the teams this offseason - we improved the most.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Aside from the character issues, hip injuries scare the poop out of me (for pro athletes and everyone else).

Now if we could get Frolik from Calgary for Boedker and Boro I’d be doing cartwheels.

I feel like we’re going to be the surprise good story team this season. Of all the teams this offseason - we improved the most.

What

How

Reactions: Deku and derriko

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
What

How

A bunch of reasons.

We replaced our robotic coach who had lost the players. We stole a disgruntled coach from a division rival who sounds like a good hire (what?) - and then gave him four of his former players, one yearning for a new start.

No sophomore slump for Brady.
Two new top four defencemen.
No more Cody Ceci.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No more Cody Ceci.
We still have one, he just doesn't speak English as well and has a long term contract.

Losing Stone, Dzingel and Duchene probably takes us out of the running of being considered improved. You might want to look at teams from the New York Metropolitan area who've added the likes Kakko, Panarin, Trouba and Hughes, Subban, Simmonds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hale The Villain

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
A bunch of reasons.

We replaced our robotic coach who had lost the players. We stole a disgruntled coach from a division rival who sounds like a good hire (what?) - and then gave him four of his former players, one yearning for a new start.

No more Cody Ceci.

There is an equal chance its a mess.

s-l300.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We still have one, he just doesn't English as well and has a long term contract.

Losing Stone, Dzingel and Duchene probably takes us out of the running of being considered improved. You might want to look at teams from the New York Metropolitan area who've added the likes Kakko, Panarin, Trouba and Hughes, Subban, Simmonds.
Yep,we take Toronto,s Cody Ceci for ours....

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A bunch of reasons.

No more Cody Ceci.

Yeah, no.

No guarantee Brady doesn't have a sophomore slump now that he'll be playing without Stone all year and will be targeted by opponents as he's probably our best forward.

Zaitsev and Hainsey are bottom pairing defensemen at this point in their careers. Zaitsev could rebound, but I highly doubt it given that our current head coach was his D coach for the last two years in which he flat out sucked.

And Boucher is and always will be a much better coach than Smith. Feel pretty confident about that. It wasn't Boucher's fault that we sucked the last two years - can chalk that up to him having absolutely nothing to work with. Guy is a great coach that was a goal away from taking a thoroughly mediocre Sens team to the Stanley Cup finals.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, no.

No guarantee Brady doesn't have a sophomore slump now that he'll be playing without Stone all year and will be targeted by opponents as he's probably our best forward.

Zaitsev and Hainsey are bottom pairing defensemen at this point in their careers. Zaitsev could rebound, but I highly doubt it given that our current head coach was his D coach for the last two years in which he flat out sucked.

And Boucher is and always will be a much better coach than Smith. Feel pretty confident about that. It wasn't Boucher's fault that we sucked the last two years - can chalk that up to him having absolutely nothing to work with. Guy is a great coach that was a goal away from taking a thoroughly mediocre Sens team to the Stanley Cup finals.
How are you confident about that and make such an absolute statement when Smith has yet to head coach an NHL game? IMO this can’t be evaluated until we see what Smith does in the next three seasons. Guy did have a great first year no question about that, but he should have been much better in the second year with the talent they had. I don’t think he’s a bad coach but needs the right situation.

As for the Sens being better, there’s no doubt they are a lot better on paper than the team that finished the year, but as far as NHL wide I would not say that they improved the most. They will still finish near the bottom but I would not be shocked if they didn’t finish bottom three for example.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

The Sens will be lucky to get 50 points this season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Sens will be lucky to get 50 points this season.

We'll be a pretty bad team, but the reality is there's too much parity to lock any team into any spot. One hot streak by a goalie and you can throw your prediction out the window.

Besides, it's in our best interest to be terrible, so with our luck we'll somehow finish around 25th because of some crazy unsustainable run where the team rallies around each other in the league and then see 3 teams jump over us in the lottery draft.

Reactions: Samboni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad