Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd deal Chlapik or the 44th OVR for Puljujarvi, provided he's okay with playing in Belleville next year if he isn't good enough to make the big club.

Kid is still super young. He's Logan Brown's age. He'll always be a disappointment at 4th OVR but it's too early to say he's an outright bust.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Puljujarvi Roslovic Kapanen Trouba all potentially traded

Marner Laine potentially moved as well (but probably unlikely)

A lot of guys to potentially target for a rebuild

Reactions: aragorn

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009

I do not envy Winnipeg's position with Laine. He's not a line driver at all and is going to want big money. He is a special player but at 9mil you are paying for something he is not at the moment. He's a tough player to judge for me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The preference of Jesse Puljujarvi would be a trade out of Edmonton.

What's his value?

What type of piece would EDM want?

What is the cutoff for what we should give up for him?

32nd overall? 44th overall? 83rd overall?

What about prospects? Lajoie? Wolanin? Chlapik? Abramov? Davidsson? Formenton? Brown? Who would be on the table in a 1 for 1 swap?

Roster players? Ceci? Anderson? Boedker (lol)?

Not Lajoie , Definitely not Wolanin, Formenton, Brown. I'd like to see Davidsson more, Not that high on Pulj but I'd risk trading Chlapik or Abramov and a 4th rounder for him. He'd need a roster spot .. but he should be able to play somewhat.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd like Roslovic . What would it take to get him. More than 44th 2019 and CBJ 2020 2nd and Abramov?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Rebuilding year so may as well go dumpster diving , hoping someones trash turns out to be useful.

He's 25 so he has upside. Cannon from the point, excellent skater, good offensive upside . Has suffered from poor D play and lack of confidence .

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The preference of Jesse Puljujarvi would be a trade out of Edmonton.

What's his value?

What type of piece would EDM want?

What is the cutoff for what we should give up for him?

32nd overall? 44th overall? 83rd overall?

What about prospects? Lajoie? Wolanin? Chlapik? Abramov? Davidsson? Formenton? Brown? Who would be on the table in a 1 for 1 swap?

Roster players? Ceci? Anderson? Boedker (lol)?

I just don't know about that kid. He seemed fine back in his draft year in the WJC, but it's like he lost all his hockey IQ since then. He is big and strong and has some enthusiasm on the ice, but that isn't enough at the NHL level. You have to know what you're doing on the ice....not sure if he'll ever get there.

FlabJack

Dec 30, 2012
I just don't know about that kid. He seemed fine back in his draft year in the WJC, but it's like he lost all his hockey IQ since then. He is big and strong and has some enthusiasm on the ice, but that isn't enough at the NHL level. You have to know what you're doing on the ice....not sure if he'll ever get there.

^This. Pulju doesn't seem like a smart kid on or off the ice, there's even been talk about him not being really all that into training in the summer (though they may or may not be just rumors in Finland) and now he's going through hip surgery? If the Sens trade for him i'd rather see them paying a low price like a third or fourth round pick and just qualifying him and letting him know it's going to be unlikely to get a spot on the roster, most likely it's going to be a year or two in Belleville. Give him the option and even encourage him to go to the KHL and develop his game while playing in Helsinki hopefully. After a year or most likely two circle back and see if he's found his game. If he doesn't want to come to Ottawa at that point trade his rights, if he has developed the price will be atleast the same they paid for him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's by far the most sheltered regular D on the Bruins

Among their D:

4th most ES time with 17
Least SH time with 12 secs/game
Buy far the most PP time with 3:42 per game, where 56% of his production came from
2nd most time on ice with 21 mins

Sens D Chabot was:

1st in ES with 21 mins per game
Least with SH with 36 secs/game (all occurring in new year)
Most PP per game with 2:56, where 29% of his production came from
Most overall toi with 24 mins per game

Krug is a great guy to have, but he's a PP QB and ES puck mover. He was a minus player on a team with a +44 goal differential, without playing against any of the other teams best players.
Bingo, however if you also just simply watch the players play its fairly obvious Chabot is a way better defender. But thank you for bringing out the stats.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Puljujarvi's waivers have kicked in - if you're dealing for him, he's on your NHL roster. So I wouldn't give up anything worthwhile to get him.

Damn, didn't realize that was the case. Certainly changes what I'd be comfortable moving for him.

I'd probably do Lajoie straight up, but I'm lower on him than most. Would certainly do Abramov or Davidsson. Would like to keep the picks, so unless they would consider the DAL 2nd next year I'd be hard pressed to find a fit.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I do not envy Winnipeg's position with Laine. He's not a line driver at all and is going to want big money. He is a special player but at 9mil you are paying for something he is not at the moment. He's a tough player to judge for me.
Laine needs a playmaker for a centre like Brown to get him the puck, but the cost to get Laine would be enormous. I also doubt that Winn will give up on him already, IMO he will learn from this season & come back stronger & smarter.

Damn, didn't realize that was the case. Certainly changes what I'd be comfortable moving for him.

I'd probably do Lajoie straight up, but I'm lower on him than most. Would certainly do Abramov or Davidsson. Would like to keep the picks, so unless they would consider the DAL 2nd next year I'd be hard pressed to find a fit.

IMO Puljujarvi has done nothing & shown nothing to warrant even a decent price for him. He's still young & intriguing that could maybe jell with Brown who is a playmaking centre, but he could also be a big waste of size & never get it at the NHL level. I would not trade Lajoie or Chlapik for him, but maybe Abramov, Davidsson, Tychonik, Veronneau or Alsing someone like that, you know the kind of players I'm not big on .... get it BIG on. :laugh:

Puljujarvi for 32nd, Harpur and Pit 3rd
OMG absolutely NOT ... he may be worth one of our smallish players (Abramov & maybe Alsing) who Ott may never have room for.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm blown away some of you want to spend assets on a bust who was even further damaged by having to ve employed by the Oilers.

Stay far, far away from anything they touch, except their actual NHL-worthy forwards of course.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I'm blown away some of you want to spend assets on a bust who was even further damaged by having to ve employed by the Oilers.

Stay far, far away from anything they touch, except their actual NHL-worthy forwards of course.

do we really have that many nhl forwards (i know we have some)

if the price is cheap enough i dont think we should have an issue at taking a shot

i know there was a chart or stats posted a while back that after the first round the chances of any draft pick becoming an nhl player is really low. Obviously im not saying to give away draft picks as there are always exceptions to that rule but taking a shot at someone with more upside then say what is available with floridas second is a no brainer imo

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
do we really have that many nhl forwards (i know we have some)

if the price is cheap enough i dont think we should have an issue at taking a shot

i know there was a chart or stats posted a while back that after the first round the chances of any draft pick becoming an nhl player is really low. Obviously im not saying to give away draft picks as there are always exceptions to that rule but taking a shot at someone with more upside then say what is available with floridas second is a no brainer imo

Puljujarvi is waiver-eligible so we'd be spending assets in order to put him in the NHL and potentially block one of our own prospects.

The guy had double hip surgery, has very low IQ and played for the soul-sucking Oilers. I'd take my chances with the picks and let our own prospects filter up to the NHL

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah ,from what you guys are saying we need a far far better sweetener ,than Poolparty....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad