Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
What do we really have to offer that we would actually want to give up?

Dylan Strome got moved for Nick Schmaltz who was a different good young player. Maybe there is less upside with Schmaltz, but he had at least one decent NHL season under his belt.

If I'm the Flyers, I'd ask for Batherson, I don't think the Sens would move him. Brown and White are the two other names that come to mind as a center piece in a deal. Patrick for White doesn't make sense in this context for the Flyers, and Brown is a very polarizing prospect.
They will ask the player 25-27 years. Hardly a Batherson.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Patrick is a good prospect but he does have some warts,Iam ok with us making a decent offer ,but things I dont want to see involved...Our 1st rounder,is completely off the table,as would be Tkachuk,Chabot White and Branstrom ...The rest have at it

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A deal involving Patrick to WPG for Trouba makes way too much sense not to happen.

Could also work Roslovic in there on WPG's side and add one of Philly's young D to balance the positions in vs. out.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah we dont have the realistic pieces ,that would have us making a serious offer....Patrick will probably get moved to a capped out team like WPG with an older player available

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
A deal involving Patrick to WPG for Trouba makes way too much sense not to happen.

Could also work Roslovic in there on WPG's side and add one of Philly's young D to balance the positions in vs. out.

Philly would be stupid to trade Patrick right now. Especially for a dman. They have tons of excellent young ones.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Philly would be stupid to trade Patrick right now. Especially for a dman. They have tons of excellent young ones.
Not really if they can land a RHD like Trouba,that would really set up their defense,and even without Patrick Philly is very good at Center

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Patrick is a good prospect but he does have some warts,Iam ok with us making a decent offer ,but things I dont want to see involved...Our 1st rounder,is completely off the table,as would be Tkachuk,Chabot White and Branstrom ...The rest have at it

I would trade White for Patrick.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

They could sign Hayes to replace him at a cost of zero assets, then add a guy like Trouba to the top 4, who would be a perfect partner for Gostisbehere.

Philly wants to make the playoffs next year. Adding two established impact players in their mid 20s would help in that regard.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Not really if they can land a RHD like Trouba,that would really set up their defense,and even without Patrick Philly is very good at Center

Agreed they are good at center already, but Hagg, Sanheim, Provorov, Myers, Morin and Ghost Bear is a very good group of dmen. If they were to trade Patrick, I think getting a top winger would be better value for them.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Sens 2020 1st

- EM sells
- Sens sign EK and MD
- Sens trade for a real goalie
- Win the Cup
- Acquire Nolan Patrick for the #31 pick

Seems easy enough.
My totally unrealistic notgunnahappen dream scenario is quite close:
-EM sells
-Aflie hired as PHO
-Sens sign EK and MD
-Sens bring back Lehner after Anderson elects to retire to race cars (his version of riding off in the sunset?)
-Brannstrom breaks out, we have 3 legit studs on the back end to the envy of the league.
-Alfie eats nachos as the Sens hoist the Cup

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Rebuilding year so may as well go dumpster diving , hoping someones trash turns out to be useful.

He's 25 so he has upside. Cannon from the point, excellent skater, good offensive upside . Has suffered from poor D play and lack of confidence .

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My totally unrealistic notgunnahappen dream scenario is quite close:
-EM sells
-Aflie hired as PHO
-Sens sign EK and MD
-Sens bring back Lehner after Anderson elects to retire to race cars (his version of riding off in the sunset?)
-Brannstrom breaks out, we have 3 legit studs on the back end to the envy of the league.
-Alfie eats nachos as the Sens hoist the Cup
And we win 1st overall in the lottery next year and Dorion hasn't traded the pick

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Who can we give the Flyers for 11OA... The only ones I can think of are White,Brown or Batherson, that would get them to consider.

Lets say we could get Seider or Newhook .. would you deal one of these guys?

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Who can we give the Flyers for 11OA... The only ones I can think of are White,Brown or Batherson, that would get them to consider.

Lets say we could get Seider or Newhook .. would you deal one of these guys?

Hard no. No point trading guys who are, or look to be, top guys in the NHL for unproven prospects just because they're shiny and new.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nolan Patrick could be on the move as per Friedman

I wonder if were in on that - I remember Ottawa and Philly had a connection earlier in the year

I would love to grab Nolan Patrick.

But...I project the kid as a really good middle six guy. Likely a good 2nd liner.

Philly will probably be asking top line value for him. Likely way too much than what we should give.

Edit: crazy thought, but Ryan + 1st in 2019 + minor piece (3rd rounder or someone mid-tier like Chlapik or Paul) for Patrick....think Philly would be crazy enough to go for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad