Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ryan gets a chance to play with McDavid and probably a better chance at playoff hockey in the near future. Lucic is a whipping boy who might be happy just to get out of Dodge. I could see both of them being willing to waive.

Maybe.

But considering both McDavid and Ryan are both more playmakers than shooters and the speed difference between the two?

I think he's a better fit with Draisaitl who also isn't the most fleet of foot and is more of a shooter.

We'll see. Not buying this rumor atm.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Technically, he would have to waive his NMC in order for any trade to go through, in which case under league rules, it is entirely up to the team acquiring him if they elect to honour that clause going forward or not. If the acquiring team chooses not to honour it once it has been waived, then the clause is dead. In such a scenario, Lucic wouldn't be forced on a team's expansion draft protection list.

Now, whether or not Lucic would waive his NMC without a guarantee the acquiring team would honour it is a whole other can of beans, but on paper there's at least precedent that acquiring Lucic wouldn't force us to protect him.

Just to snowball on this, I'm not so sure Lucic would be against being exposed in the draft (were he to agree to moving to Ottawa). Ottawa is going to be expansion-team bad for at least a year. So what's the harm in going to Seattle? Pretty nice place to live and maybe they pull a Vegas. Add in the fact that it puts Lucic very close to his hometown Vancouver and I doubt he'd mind being picked in the expansion draft.

I doubt Seattle would pick him in any case.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I expect him to not be unlike Yakupov: all talent, no brain. Not as easy to detect until you become a pro.

To (slightly) defend JP, his skillset is a lot more transferable to being a bottom-six option than Yakupov. Doesn't mean the team should go out of their way to acquire him (and big no to him being the sweetner in a Lucic deal) but there's a world where he becomes a middle-sixer with size and speed.

He does seem dumb as a post when it come to his hockey IQ though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ryan will have EDM on his 10 NT list,so this exercise is probably moot...But Pul alone isnt worth taking on Lucic,I suggested we swap 1st,s plus Pul....And maybe a bit of retention from us

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think Ryan would waive for almost anyone. I know he's got a 10 team list, but I have a hard time seeing him enforce more than a handful of teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think Ryan would waive for almost anyone. I know he's got a 10 team list, but I have a hard time seeing him enforce more than a handful of teams.
Maybe ,but we need far far more than a prospect that has shown so little and now comes with injury concerns...A fair proposal,begins with a swap of 1sts

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we were to make a Ryan-Lucic swap, I would be livid if all we got was Pool Party. Dude is practically a bust at this point. Hell, we'd be doing the OIlers 2 favors by ridding them of two players they don't want, and gifting them a better player in return.
So much this,now because EM can save a few bucks it may happen ....But by no means is this a deal we should ever consider

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe ,but we need far far more than a prospect that has shown so little and now comes with injury concerns...A fair proposal,begins with a swap of 1sts

Yeah, if we're talking Lucic there's no scenario I'd entertain taking him on without that #8 pick being involved in some capacity.

Who knows with EM though, the money savings could be enough to get him to tell Dorion to pull the trigger.

Ryan + Smith for Lucic (post SB) + Manning probably saves him a good amount of money. Doubt he'd need much of a sweetener in a deal like that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, if we're talking Lucic there's no scenario I'd entertain taking him on without that #8 pick being involved in some capacity.

Who knows with EM though, the money savings could be enough to get him to tell Dorion to pull the trigger.

Ryan + Smith for Lucic (post SB) + Manning probably saves him a good amount of money. Doubt he'd need much of a sweetener in a deal like that.
Yep its a sad reality.....

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ryan will have EDM on his 10 NT list,so this exercise is probably moot...But Pul alone isnt worth taking on Lucic,I suggested we swap 1st,s plus Pul....And maybe a bit of retention from us

At this point, i think Ryan will waive his ntc for pretty much any team.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Pulju is not enough of a sweetener and the exchange in first round picks is probably too much.

What about
Lucic, pulju, 8th
Ryan, 19th, 44th.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Nolan Patrick could be on the move as per Friedman

I wonder if were in on that - I remember Ottawa and Philly had a connection earlier in the year

Reactions: NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
At this point, i think Ryan will waive his ntc for pretty much any team.
And thats great,but there are far far more cons to taking Lucic ...Than to just ride it out for 3 more seasons...First and foremost being Ryan is the better player

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Don't want to trade any of our 1st or 2nds. Add one, fine. Offer up guys like Tierney, Ryan, Ceci, DeMello, Davidsson for the LTIR contract and 1st. Target specific like Phoenix, Vancouver, etc. Keep the best of our prospects and draft positions. Not really interested in Puljujarvi and Lucic type of deal with a swap of 1sts. Those 19, 32 and 44 spots will be good level players. Take three not two of them. Sieder is the guy if he's there and the Newhook level players are off the board.

Reactions: Samboni

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We'll never retain.

Other option is they need a third line centre. Remove the second, add Tierney, add a pick from their side.
Remove the 1st and add Tierney, Ryan and 44 for 8th. Take it or leave it basis. Id hate to have Lucic on our squad for so long. Buy out after a year or two has to be part of the scenario.

Even better - Ryan and Ceci for Lucic and 8th. Much cleaner.
Dach, Boldly, Krebs, Newhook territory

Reactions: topshelf15

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
It's too much. I doubt that Edmonton will do it. There are so many advantages for sens.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Nolan Patrick could be on the move as per Friedman

I wonder if were in on that - I remember Ottawa and Philly had a connection earlier in the year

What do we really have to offer that we would actually want to give up?

Dylan Strome got moved for Nick Schmaltz who was a different good young player. Maybe there is less upside with Schmaltz, but he had at least one decent NHL season under his belt.

If I'm the Flyers, I'd ask for Batherson, I don't think the Sens would move him. Brown and White are the two other names that come to mind as a center piece in a deal. Patrick for White doesn't make sense in this context for the Flyers, and Brown is a very polarizing prospect.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What do we really have to offer that we would actually want to give up?

Dylan Strome got moved for Nick Schmaltz who was a different good young player. Maybe there is less upside with Schmaltz, but he had at least one decent NHL season under his belt.

If I'm the Flyers, I'd ask for Batherson, I don't think the Sens would move him. Brown and White are the two other names that come to mind as a center piece in a deal. Patrick for White doesn't make sense in this context for the Flyers, and Brown is a very polarizing prospect.

Sens 2020 1st

- EM sells
- Sens sign EK and MD
- Sens trade for a real goalie
- Win the Cup
- Acquire Nolan Patrick for the #31 pick

Seems easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad