Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We have no pieces of interest from Philly I wouldn't think.

If they're looking for help now, we have already traded all those guys. Patrick and their 1st would be huge gets, but unfortunately we don't have the type of capital needed.

Had this occurred last offseason, we'd be in a real good spot to get both those pieces with Stone/Duchene/Karlsson all available. That would have been amazing.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-are-perry-s-days-numbered-with-the-ducks~1703053

CBJ and Duchene talking. Would be good for us if he signs there since we'd get CBJ's 1st rounder unprotected in 2020.

Duchene is Arizona's prime focus as a UFA. New ownership apparently means new money. (Isn't that nice?)

• My TSN colleague Darren Dreger on Insider Trading reported on Saturday that the Arizona Coyotes intend to be aggressive on the market this summer and could be a player for pending UFA Matt Duchene. The Columbus Blue Jackets remain in discussions with agent Pat Brisson on the star centre as well. It’s not completely out of the question Duchene re-signs in Columbus.
    -Lebrun via the Athletic.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-are-perry-s-days-numbered-with-the-ducks~1703053

CBJ and Duchene talking. Would be good for us if he signs there since we'd get CBJ's 1st rounder unprotected in 2020.

Duchene is Arizona's prime focus as a UFA. New ownership apparently means new money. (Isn't that nice?)

• My TSN colleague Darren Dreger on Insider Trading reported on Saturday that the Arizona Coyotes intend to be aggressive on the market this summer and could be a player for pending UFA Matt Duchene. The Columbus Blue Jackets remain in discussions with agent Pat Brisson on the star centre as well. It’s not completely out of the question Duchene re-signs in Columbus.
    -Lebrun via the Athletic.

f***ing seems like every team is willing to spend money now. Florida with their attendance issues just hired coach q and might even add both Panarin and Bob in the offseason. Apparently Arizona is going to be big players in the offseason due to their new influx of capital.

It just f***ing sucks as a Sens fan to see it.

As a Vegas fan though, it feels weird to have the team have no cap space. lol

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
****ing seems like every team is willing to spend money now. Florida with their attendance issues just hired coach q and might even add both Panarin and Bob in the offseason. Apparently Arizona is going to be big players in the offseason due to their new influx of capital.

It just ****ing sucks as a Sens fan to see it.

As a Vegas fan though, it feels weird to have the team have no cap space. lol
Melnyk is getting priced-out at least.

Reactions: NB613

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Best package we should be able to offer would be based around Tierney, Ceci level. Nobody wants Boedker level. Ryan could be a special piece to the right person who wants to use PD to take another special piece back.
Patrick level would require high picks and prospects. We need to fill out our rebuild pool and 1sts and 2nds are required to push that.
I’d be pleased to offer a package of Ceci and Tierney for a 1st but I doubt there is a dance partner and PD does not know how to find one.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Best package we should be able to offer would be based around Tierney, Ceci level. Nobody wants Boedker level. Ryan could be a special piece to the right person who wants to use PD to take another special piece back.
Patrick level would require high picks and prospects. We need to fill out our rebuild pool and 1sts and 2nds are required to push that.
I’d be pleased to offer a package of Ceci and Tierney for a 1st but I doubt there is a dance partner and PD does not know how to find one.

From what I read, Philly wants to compete now and aren't putting themselves in a position where they have to trade Patrick, only if the right offer comes along. That right offer would almost certainly be a player that would come in and immediately help them, they wouldn't be looking for picks or prospects as a big part of the deal.

I think with what we have, you'd be looking at having to deal Chabot, Tkachuk, or White in order to get Patrick. Chabot and Tkachuk are obvious no gos unless Philly added on a ton. White is slightly older and better right now, I would probably rather just keep him than take a chance on Patrick's maybe slightly higher upside.

Just seems like at this point, a bad match here to satisfy both parties. We don't have much of what Philly would want. The potential deals for Patrick to Winnipeg for Trouba seem to make a lot of sense.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
These are the guys that I would make available for any deal especially for a good young player. Ceci, Anderson, Tierny, DeMello, Boro, Pageau, Smith, Ryan, Balcers, Duclair, Veronneau, Abramov, Lajoie, Davidsson, Chlapik & maybe one of the young goalies. Surely they could put together something that would be attractive for a good young player, although I'm not really sure how good a player like Nolan Patrick will be. He has shown glimpses, but has yet to be consistent, maybe that could start soon on a good young team.

In contrast, I think White has shown more in his first yr than Nolan Patrick has in his first two yrs & I expect that Brown will be the better centre in the NHL, that would leave Patrick as the 3rd line centre in Ottawa, so what is that worth? And how much better would he be than Chlapik or Norris? IMO we may already have better centres in Ottawa than what Patrick could become, but it never hurts to add more size & skill to the mix as long as it doesn't cost any good young players. They shouldn't ship something out that they need for their future but instead something they may have too much of like LD or LW.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Boedker & Smith for Corey Perry 30% retained

Ceci,Tierney & 2nd 2019 for Nolan Patrick

Tkachuk Patrick Perry
Ryan Brown Batherson
Duclair White Balcers
Formenton Pageau Gibbons

If Pageau were to be bumped from your top 9, I'd hope he could be worked into the Anaheim deal. We could move Henrique elsewhere and have Pageau play 3C behind Getzlaf and Steel until Lundestrom is ready.

Reactions: NB613 and Tkachuk27

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Patrick has done more in the NHL now entering his D+3 season than Brannstrom, Norris, Brown, Batherson combined. These guys are all the same age or older than Patrick. His development is way ahead of White.

My list of untouchables includes Chabot and Tkatchuk... but after that I would be open to anyone.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Patrick has done more in the NHL now entering his D+3 season than Brannstrom, Norris, Brown, Batherson combined. These guys are all the same age or older than Patrick. His development is way ahead of White.

That's silly. His best NHL season was 0.43 pt per game. Both White and Batherson did better than that last season. While Brannstrom is a year younger than Patrick.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Took a lot to get Brannstrom so I’d like to keep him as well as Chabot and Wolanin. Solid LD. Jaros and JBD is be future RD. Plus who we draft (Seider?). Brady, Brown, Batherson, White are keepers as well.
I’d do Tierney, Ceci and Smith level but I doubt that is enough.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's silly. His best NHL season was 0.43 pt per game. Both White and Batherson did better than that last season. While Brannstrom is a year younger than Patrick.

Patrick played in the NHL at D+1 and D+2. Brannstrom was drafted 15th in the 2017 draft when patrick went 2nd.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

PD is lost in the bewilderness!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
And Daigle went first overall, played in the NHL his D+2 and D2 and was still nothing compared to Alfredsson, who did none of those things.

Daigle’s D+1 season was pretty good - he had 2o goals and 51 pts as a 18-19 year old. People expected 40+ goals from him. I’ve always wondered how his development may have gone had that been viewed As excellent season vs a terrible season.

Anyway, my point is Patrick has been playing in the NHL while most of our prospects have been struggling with injuries, playing in minors etc. I bet Patrick at D+3 this season outscores Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom, and White. He and White May he close but I’d prefer Patrick and Brown at Center than Brown/White. Moving Branstrom would also open up the idea of drafting an offensive D with our 19th if one slips instead of forcing the Seider type.

I don’t see why Philly would make any of these deals anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad