Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: The Hounds of Chia-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If we find ourselves drafting top 3 yet again, I would trade Eberle and/or Yak (plus picks) for an established D (Shattenkirk/Hamonic/Yandle etc) and then draft Laine. I think hell be in the NHL next season considering how hes doing in a pro league. We got forwards to insulate him and hes a PWF well really need

More than fine by me. I think Eberle's time is numbered here due to his contract and the fact that he doesn't bring the versatility that Nuge does. Nuge is at least responsible defensively, younger, and good on the forecheck. Throw him on Drai and Halls line and he'll be very good. With the goaltending we've been getting I think our current D would be able to get by with a top pairing RHD, but I wouldn't mind adding a middle pair one if we choose to trade our 1st this year. Hamonic and Vatanen seem like reasonable targets and give us 2 aspects we severely lack. A great shutdown D that can skate, hit, and chip in a bit of offence, and a PP QB with a good shot.

I know with the recent run of terrible a lot of people forgot how good this team looked when Drai got called up while McDavid, Nuge, and Klefbom were in the lineup. This was also before Talbot started playing well, and before Klef and Sekera really found there groove. Go back and watch the replays from games 5-13 and you might find yourself stepping back from the ledge (I also think Schultz might have been injured so that was a huge plus). Also our PP looked night and day better back then lol.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just a curious question/though. what would everyone's take be on going after someone like Andrew MacDonald from Philly?

29years old, after this season has 4years left on his contract with a cap hit of 5mil.

Currently playing in the AHL more or less due to cap issues in Philly. He could be cheap to go after and he cant be any worse than Hunt/Schultz.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Just a curious question/though. what would everyone's take be on going after someone like Andrew MacDonald from Philly?

29years old, after this season has 4years left on his contract with a cap hit of 5mil.

Currently playing in the AHL more or less due to cap issues in Philly. He could be cheap to go after and he cant be any worse than Hunt/Schultz.

If they retain 50%, and take Fayne, sure.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

You want to take an AHL player on par with Schultz/Hunt(he might be even worse considering how bad Philly's defense is), who is making 5 mill per year for the next 4 years? Why exactly?

I don't think Philly can even retain anymore salary to make such a deal palatable, since they are already retaining on 3 contracts.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If we are taking on that contract, we are winning that trade big time.

MacDonald, Ghost, and Couturier for Fayne and Yakupov.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

no...he is not down there for cap issues

he is down there cause he sucks

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
You want to take an AHL player on par with Schultz/Hunt(he might be even worse considering how bad Philly's defense is), who is making 5 mill per year for the next 4 years? Why exactly?

I don't think Philly can even retain anymore salary to make such a deal palatable, since they are already retaining on 3 contracts.

literally throwing a dart to see what sticks. I haven't had much free time this winter to watch players on other teams/rosters to get any gauge on them. From the research I did it seesm Amac is in the A due more because of their cap crunch than anything.

But I like i said, I haven't seen him play in a long time, which is why i merely asked, and I have a tough time thinking he could be as bad as Schultz, and Hunt shouldnt be on the roster at all, injuries or not

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
literally throwing a dart to see what sticks. I haven't had much free time this winter to watch players on other teams/rosters to get any gauge on them. From the research I did it seesm Amac is in the A due more because of their cap crunch than anything.

But I like i said, I haven't seen him play in a long time, which is why i merely asked, and I have a tough time thinking he could be as bad as Schultz, and Hunt shouldnt be on the roster at all, injuries or not

He's just as bad as Hunt and possibly worse than Schultz when it comes to talent. He's miles worse than both when you take contract into consideration.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
He's just as bad as Hunt and possibly worse than Schultz when it comes to talent. He's miles worse than both when you take contract into consideration.

if he's that bad then forget I even brought it up then :laugh:

just seems exhausting to go after big fish n fall short when there could be smaller trades out there that can help as well.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
if he's that bad then forget I even brought it up then :laugh:

just seems exhausting to go after big fish n fall short when there could be smaller trades out there that can help as well.

Definitely frustrating.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The issue is a lot of the small trades probably wouldn't be too too beneficial.

At least we'll have McDavid to watch again soon.

I agree. I'm not frustrated with Chiarelli as much as I am that it seems impossible to add a good d-man. A couple more depth players to push Nurse down the depth chart would be nice to end out the season.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I agree. I'm not frustrated with Chiarelli as much as I am that it seems impossible to add a good d-man. A couple more depth players to push Nurse down the depth chart would be nice to end out the season.

A Weircoch type and a Hamonic type. Then swap Schultz for someone who specializes in breakout passes.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Hall - McDavid - Draisaitl
Laine - RNH - Yak
Pouliot - Helm - Kassian
Hendricks - Letestu - Pak

Klefbom - Byfuglien
Sekera - Hamonic
Nurse - Davidson
Reinhart

Talbot

Sign a two way C (Helm, Nash, Mattias)
Sign Byfuglien
Eberle for Hamonic
Likely draft a pretty good forward (Laine)
Trade Schultz (50% retained) for picks/prospects
Purcell for picks and prospects

Last edited:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
McDavid is not playing with Hall and LD is a centre who is playing with Hall. Yak is playing with McD. RNH and Eberle the odd men out.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
McDavid is not playing with Hall and LD is a centre who is playing with Hall. Yak is playing with McD. RNH and Eberle the odd men out.

I don't know if I fully agree with that last part. Hall RNH Drai was a pretty good line together. Plus having extra center depth is a good thing. McD and Yak had good chemistry and if that continues it would seem that Eberle is the odd one out. He has value, and if things begin to get a little chippy on the ice I'd much rather Yak with McD and maybe Kassian to provide the push back. Have much more faith in that happening rather than Eberle.

If Eberle can get you Hamonic and we can sign Buff, it would be a matter of signing a 3C and 3RW.

Hall-RNH/Drai-Drai/RNH
Kassian/Pou-McD-Yak
Pou/Kassian-3C-3RW
Hendricks-Letestu-Pak

Klef-Buff
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

RNH is not the odd man out
Hall , RNH, LD
That would be a killer line that way if a centre man goes down we have LD to slide in can never have too many dmen

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Laine - RNH - Yak
Pouliot - Helm - Kassian

Klefbom - Byfuglien
Sekera - Hamonic
Nurse - Davidson
Reinhart

Talbot

Sign Byfuglien
Eberle for Hamonic

Nash as in Riley Nash? Can't see that one happening.

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
No other GM wants to hand us the golden ticket. We all know this team needs two "key" things to change our fortunes..a healthy roster and, more importantly a legit top pairing RHD. All the first overalls, all the high skill forwards...the rest of the league must feel, and rightfully so, with a solid D this teams starts to compete right away. We can't get a fair hockey deal, every GM wants an over pay knowing how badly we need "that" guy.

We either overpay at deadline, or overpay a UFA..that simple.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Laine - RNH - Yak
Pouliot - Helm - Kassian

Klefbom - Byfuglien
Sekera - Hamonic
Nurse - Davidson
Reinhart

Talbot

Sign Byfuglien
Eberle for Hamonic

Me likey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad