Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Ding Dong Chia's Gone, Oh Dear Mact, Howson and Lowe are Still Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Bear, Benson and a mid-to-late first for two years of a 30 year old D who actually plays better on the left side.

Muffin. This is a pretty substantial return for LA.
Basically 3 question marks for a proven legit top 4 dman. Sounds good to me.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not too shook up about the Muzzin trade for two reasons.

#1: It falls in line with Nicholson saying they aren't mortgaging the future. Imagine the fan base if he says that, then trades a couple prospects and say the 2020 1st round pick for Muzzin. I'd be pissed.

#2: Pacific Division rival so even if the Oilers were interested and/or higher in the standings, the inter-division price would be hefty.

Reactions: Canada Drai

North

Jun 25, 2009
Basically 3 question marks for a proven legit top 4 dman. Sounds good to me.

That’s too much for two years of Muzzin especially for a team like the Oilers who don’t have many futures to deal without depleting their prospect pool.

The Oilers need an offensive d man, not a Muzzin.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
People just need to face the fact that the Oilers overpaid for Larsson. I still like Larsson and think he's going to be here for a long time.

The Toronto trade is like the normal trade deadline deal for 1.25 years of a top 4 D. Good trade for both parties involved.

BTW, I wouldn't trade our 1st + Benson + Bear for Muzzin
Keep the young guns

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Our first is going to be way better than the leafs..

Our first + one good prospect would be close..

That said... not the move for us right now.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Unfortunately, since we suck so hard right now, thats not the move for us. However, for a good team like Toronto this is a solid move. They shored up their D nicely and are well poised for the playoffs. This is the move teams should make when they have the right pieces. You always go for it when possible, you never know whatll happen next year

And that is not mortgaging the future at all. Someone compared it to Bear, Benson + ~2oth overall pick. You make that move all day long. If things go well for LAK, 1 of those players end up as a player as good as Muzzin in 5 years

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately, since we suck so hard right now, thats not the move for us. However, for a good team like Toronto this is a solid move. They shored up their D nicely and are well poised for the playoffs. This is the move teams should make when they have the right pieces. You always go for it when possible, you never know whatll happen next year

And that is not mortgaging the future at all. Someone compared it to Bear, Benson + ~2oth overall pick. You make that move all day long. If things go well for LAK, 1 of those players end up as a player as good as Muzzin in 5 years
You make that move if you have a solid roster depth with a couple holes. Until then moving those assets for a guy of Muzzins age is the complete opposite because by the time you fill the rest of the holes he is either gone or garbage

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You make that move if you have a solid roster depth with a couple holes. Until then moving those assets for a guy of Muzzins age is the complete opposite because by the time you fill the rest of the holes he is either gone or garbage

I agree. The Leafs collected all the skilled forwards and dont have many roster holes. The one roster hole was at D, and they fixed that up with futures

The Oilers on the other hand have a roster holes at #1RW.. and #2RW.. and #2LW.. and the entire 3rd/4th line... and RD... and #2LD. They need to pray their prospects turn out

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
People just need to face the fact that the Oilers overpaid for Larsson. I still like Larsson and think he's going to be here for a long time.

The Toronto trade is like the normal trade deadline deal for 1.25 years of a top 4 D. Good trade for both parties involved.

BTW, I wouldn't trade our 1st + Benson + Bear for Muzzin
Keep the young guns

99% of people realize we overpaid for Larsson.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
What would you guys add to nurse+ pulj for ghost+ patrick ?

Ghost is having a down year but had 65 points last year. He would be an unreal fit on our blue line ans hes signed at 4.5 for 4 more years.

Pulj amd patrick are both guys who could use a chamge.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I look forward to the next few TDL and comparing our atrocious prior trades with the upcoming reasonable trades.

Like what? They didnt have to give up Marner to get Muzzin? Whaa
You dont have to give up a top 6 scoring winger for a depth center?
You can acquire D for a reasonable price if you dont target former top 5 picks?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Ghost is having a down year but had 65 points last year. He would be an unreal fit on our blue line ans hes signed at 4.5 for 4 more years.

Pretty solid deal IMO

Reactions: oilers89

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

I really like it for us but I Flyers fans would roast you alive, they are still very high on Patrick as they should be. And as good as Nurse is I bet Ghost has more value around the league.

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad