Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Ding Dong Chia's Gone, Oh Dear Mact, Howson and Lowe are Still Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Goodbye Chia, hello OBC oh how I've missed thee.

27G6VKd.gif

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The sad part, is none of the group above should be trusted to make any trades and we're in a crunch right now. We need to make some moves and just..do something to obtain real NHL players to try and push for a play-off spot. We're still very much in the race here.

Ugh.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Goodbye Chia, hello OBC oh how I've missed thee.

To be fair, the OBC was better then Chia, quite a bit IMO, at least for most of the years we sucked under them they were purposely trying to and didn’t have the best player in world, let’s just all hope that the next guy they pick to be in charge is competent, can evaluate talent and understand the way the game is going.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

North

Jun 25, 2009
The sad part, is none of the group above should be trusted to make any trades and we're in a crunch right now. We need to make some moves and just..do something to obtain real NHL players to try and push for a play-off spot. We're still very much in the race here.

Ugh.

Everything of value that we have, we need.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Send down Jesse, trade peanuts for Maroon.

If we're going to suffer through many of Chia's bad moves, we may as well benefit from the one good move that was all his.

Start there and then focus on the GM interview process the next few months.

Reactions: space321

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Ugh.

Let's hope that Nicholson was right in that we won't trade our 1st or any significant futures for rentals.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
To be fair, the OBC was better then Chia, quite a bit IMO, at least for most of the years we sucked under them they were purposely trying to and didn’t have the best player in world, let’s just all hope that the next guy they pick to be in charge is competent, can evaluate talent and understand the way the game is going.

Time takes away some of the stink, just because one turd is smelly enough to singe your nose hairs, doesn't mean that the other turds smelled like roses.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Time takes away some of the stink, just because one turd is smelly enough to singe your nose hairs, doesn't mean that the other turds smelled like roses.

They were both bad no disputing that but Chia may go down as the wrist GM if all time. The OBC biggest problem was they sat on their hands and did nothing.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
There’s no quick fix to this mess. Holes all over the lineup and no one ready to step up. There’s only a few things to do.

1. Send Puljujarvi down to Bakersfield for the rest of the year.
2. Hang onto all prospects and picks until the new GM is hired.
3. Trade Talbot and Petrovic to the highest bidders at the deadline.
4. Waive Manning and reassign him on loan to another AHL franchise that’s willing to take him.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
There’s no quick fix to this mess. Holes all over the lineup and no one ready to step up. There’s only a few things to do.

4. Waive Manning and reassign him on loan to another AHL franchise that’s willing to take him.

i'd look at moving both rnh and nurse if there is a whiff of them not extending.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Yes and no to there being no quick fix. A legit top 4 dman (by a sane man's standards, not Chia's) and a top 6 forward, and this team can compete with most. We aren't as big of a hot garbage pile as most are claiming. That said, those moves are easier said than done with our cap situation.

Nicholson and Gretzky simply owe it to the next GM to clear as much cap as they possibly can in dead weight. Listen to everything.

space321

May 11, 2011
Why are we still going on and on about the OBC? It's been confirmed that Chiarelli had FULL AUTONOMY, and Chiarelli is not a part of the OBC.

I'm willing to wait and see how they approach finding a new GM before shitting on Katz & co.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Tambo wasn't great, MacT wasn't great.
Lowe was arguably the last decent GM we had.

Anyways, ya ... I mean I guess it depends on where we end up in another few games, but selling average assets for picks/prospects is best now. Manning, Petro, etc.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yes and no to there being no quick fix. A legit top 4 dman (by a sane man's standards, not Chia's) and a top 6 forward, and this team can compete with most. We aren't as big of a hot garbage pile as most are claiming. That said, those moves are easier said than done with our cap situation.

Nicholson and Gretzky simply owe it to the next GM to clear as much cap as they possibly can in dead weight. Listen to everything.

Yeah, I can get on board with that. As long as any big contract that goes out doesn’t bring a bad contract back, I’m fine with it.

I think this season is a lost cause to improve the roster. Best bet is at the draft.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why are we still going on and on about the OBC? It's been confirmed that Chiarelli had FULL AUTONOMY, and Chiarelli is not a part of the OBC.

I'm willing to wait and see how they approach finding a new GM before ****ting on Katz & co.

So who else was in on the Koskinen signing? Nicholson and K. Gretzky only? You really believe that? It was all on Chia, our pro scouting and everyone else did a great job?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I'm willing to wait and see how they approach finding a new GM before ****ting on Katz & co.
Clearly missed the part where they all were in on the Koskinen deal?

space321

May 11, 2011
look at his seguin trade video.

he rules by committee.

Doesn't every GM rule by committee? That's why they have assistants/scouts/etc. It's not like Chiarelli got swayed by his little peons on Seguin being a bad fit, Chiarelli himself believed it and acted on it.

All I'm saying is that Kevin Lowe is NOT INVOLVED with the hockey operations, and MacT's job is not related to Chiarelli's. Despite whatever conspiracy theories are out there, I can believe Nicholson on that, unless he shows me something during this GM hiring process that makes me question it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad