Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Ding Dong Chia's Gone, Oh Dear Mact, Howson and Lowe are Still Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
With muzzin being traded do the kings need a lhd to take his spot? Manning would fit perfectly.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kassian + 5th for Connor Brown
Rieder + 2nd + 4th for Burakovsky
(Picks spread out over 2 drafts)

2 buy low candidates and happen to be former Erie Otters.

Burakovsky - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Pulju
Lucic - Khaira - Chiasson
Cave - Brodziak - Russel/Rattie
Burakovsky's QO is $3m. I don't give up anything of value for that guy. Wait until he goes untendered.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Burakovsky's QO is $3m. I don't give up anything of value for that guy. Wait until he goes untendered.

Bad year but he has been 0.5 ppg the past two seasons. Worth the gamble IMO, maybe not a second but a 3rd for sure.
Rieder unqualified got 2m on the open market. Burakovsky probably gets ~2.5 anyways

Reactions: KarmaPolice

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don’t think anything major happens with the Oilers till the off season mainly because we probably aren’t hiring a GM till then. Burgers said we are retaining assets so all I am anticipating are bad attempts by baby bro Kieth and his >cough cough< right hand man Craig “Special Assistant to The GM” MacTavish at dumping Chias shitty contracts for puck bags and used sticks.

Off season there is major heavy lifting to be done. Hopefully it’s a new staff doing that lifting and MacTavish and Sutter are shoveling out a barn in Viking.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bad year but he has been 0.5 ppg the past two seasons. Worth the gamble IMO, maybe not a second but a 3rd for sure.
Rieder unqualified got 2m on the open market. Burakovsky probably gets ~2.5 anyways

No way you trade for Burakovsky at this stage. His QO is way too high.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I would do what it takes to get Stone out of Ottawa (with some kind of guarantee he’ll resign)- maybe 2019 (top 3 protected) 1st, Talbot and Petrovic, then try and offload Manning, Spooner, etc. (with lower round picks from this year and next year if necessary) before the TDL.

Then you do a little re-tool, grab buy low guys, keep whoever’s cheapest in the bottom six and go into next season with the aim to shed more cap.

2 years from now hopefully one of Bouchard or Bear are ready, one of Yam or JP (or both) can be top sixers, and one of our newer picks, ala Marody/Benson/McLeod can step into the bottom six as required.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see similar complaints about Bura's game that were heard about Rieder's. The guy takes weeks off. I'd rather take the risk of getting into a bidding war in UFA than end up with a $3m dud and a lighter draft haul.

The only thing that makes this guy even moderately interesting is that he was McDavid's teammate in junior. He's the last guy who needs help scoring.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don’t think anything major happens with the Oilers till the off season mainly because we probably aren’t hiring a GM till then. Burgers said we are retaining assets so all I am anticipating are bad attempts by baby bro Kieth and his >cough cough< right hand man Craig “Special Assistant to The GM” MacTavish at dumping Chias ****ty contracts for puck bags and used sticks.

Off season there is major heavy lifting to be done. Hopefully it’s a new staff doing that lifting and MacTavish and Sutter are shoveling out a barn in Viking.

New nickname for Bobby N and and a reference from The Office.
Well done. :D

BTW...I would like to see this become a Sutterless team this off season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
New nickname for Bobby N and and a reference from The Office.
Well done. :D

BTW...I would like to see this become a Sutterless team this off season.

I was just watching the Office so I had some inspiration LOL.

Yes! Sutter gone along with his pro scouts Messier Chihocki and tie the concrete block to Howson who also double shifts as a pro scout.

Today it sure seemed like Stauffer, while both interviewing John Shannon and in discussion with a couple heated callers, was dumping on the pro scouts and Sutter while propping up the amateur side and K Gretzky.

Stauffer usually has his finger on the pulse of these things and was telegraphing Chia’s firing for
a couple of weeks. Hopefully they clean house of the pro side. And MacT.

I mean FFS firing MacT right here right now guarantees them a break in the fans perception that the OBC is merely another layer of management and increases STH renewals.

Reactions: Oilhawks and guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I was just watching the Office so I had some inspiration LOL.

Yes! Sutter gone along with his pro scouts Messier Chihocki and tie the concrete block to Howson who also double shifts as a pro scout.

Today it sure seemed like Stauffer, while both interviewing John Shannon and in discussion with a couple heated callers, was dumping on the pro scouts and Sutter while propping up the amateur side and K Gretzky.

Stauffer usually has his finger on the pulse of these things and was telegraphing Chia’s firing for
a couple of weeks. Hopefully they clean house of the pro side. And MacT.

I mean FFS firing MacT right here right now guarantees them a break in the fans perception that the OBC is merely another layer of management and increases STH renewals.

I completely agree with all of this especially the last part regrading MacT.
Interesting to hear what Stauffer was talking about....I think you are right about it being a tell. At least I hope it is.

Funny thing...just finished watching an episode of The Office myself. Better quality entertainment than a lot of Oiler games this season. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad