Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Ding Dong Chia's Gone, Oh Dear Mact, Howson and Lowe are Still Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Heard Gagner for Spooner proposal on the radio. Damn near identical contracts, think the Canucks would do it?
What radio? I heard Stauffer talking about gagner the other day and thought it is likely being discussed

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
What would you guys add to nurse+ pulj for ghost+ patrick ?

Ghost is having a down year but had 65 points last year. He would be an unreal fit on our blue line ans hes signed at 4.5 for 4 more years.

Pulj amd patrick are both guys who could use a chamge.

I woukd rather be trading picks then roster pieces at this point ...... wouldn’t mind voracek too ... not a great contract but if can make it work ....swappingnout Ghost for Nurse means we still only have 3 too 4 dman ..... add Ghost to Nurse on the second pair... much better

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
What radio? I heard Stauffer talking about gagner the other day and thought it is likely being discussed
I was listening to the Oilers now podcast, maybe I had let it run into yesterday's edition. A caller suggested it though and I really couldn't think of a reason not to.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Ghost is 2 years older than Nurse. In his 23 year old season, he put up almost the same offense that Nurse is going to do this year in his 23 year old season.

Ghost had one outlier year for his offensive output. This year, he is back to his 22-24 year old range which is not much different than Nurse. Given Nurse's other attributes, I would say their value is pretty close

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Ghost is 2 years older than Nurse. In his 23 year old season, he put up almost the same offense that Nurse is going to do this year in his 23 year old season.

Ghost had one outlier year for his offensive output. This year, he is back to his 22-24 year old range which is not much different than Nurse. Given Nurse's other attributes, I would say their value is pretty close
Gost was on pace for 59 points in his first year. Nurse isn't anywhere close to him offensively.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I don't really see the Oilers doing much this trade deadline. With Nicholson mentioning that we will not mortgage the future so I assume that means our first rounder, Pulu, Yams, and our young AHLers. If management stays true to Nicholson words we don't really have anything to trade that has any real value.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Philly laughs in your face if you offer that. That's all your gonna hear on the phone...

As well as the phone click when it's put down
Exactly lol

Nurse is not even in the same solar system as Ghost offensively. Not in the same sentence.

Nurse needs a Doctor to up that hockey IQ of his.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

What now? He put up 46 points in 64 games, so he's had 2 outlier seasons

Their value is not close. Ghost's offensive #'s destroy Nurse, and he is arguably better defensively when he is playing well

When Nurse pots 17 goals, then maybe their value will be close

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Exactly lol

Nurse is not even in the same solar system as Ghost offensively. Not in the same sentence.

The trade I was replying to was this:

Jesse + any pick (not this year's 1st) for Provorov

That offer would get us laughed at so hard

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think there will be any big trades until the new GM is hired and that probably won't be until late March/April or even May.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
I don't think there will be any big trades until the new GM is hired and that probably won't be until late March/April or even May.
I agree, probably trying to dump contracts. The roster restructuring begins at the draft/free agency.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The trade I was replying to was this:

Jesse + any pick (not this year's 1st) for Provorov

That offer would get us laughed at so hard

Provy back to old form. Played 28min tonite and shutdown the Jets

Yup, that proposal is out to lunch

Reactions: 780il

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Exactly lol

Pretty sure Nurse is outproducing Gostisbehere this season.. one is playing like a top pairing Dman and the other is inching towards becoming a healthy scratch in Philly.
No way we trade Nurse for just Gostisbehere..
Puljujarvi+Bear should be enough.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
And the Leafs' cap next season gets even more interesting.

Let's say Matthews/Marner sign at $17M(likely a generous discount), they'll have $6M to sign 8 players.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Pretty sure Nurse is outproducing Gostisbehere this season.. one is playing like a top pairing Dman and the other is inching towards becoming a healthy scratch in Philly.
No way we trade Nurse for just Gostisbehere..
Puljujarvi+Bear should be enough.
One put up 65 points last year and one is "top pairing" and has seen his team go like 6-15 or something since Klefbom went down.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Kassian + 5th for Connor Brown
Rieder + 2nd + 4th for Burakovsky
(Picks spread out over 2 drafts)

2 buy low candidates and happen to be former Erie Otters.

Burakovsky - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Pulju
Lucic - Khaira - Chiasson
Cave - Brodziak - Russel/Rattie

Last edited:

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
They gave up a lot for Muzzin.
The prospects were both 2nd rounders.

I guess it helps to have those 2 2nd round picks instead of using them on people you fire in a couple of years. FFS

I like muzzin and glad hes out of out division but not sure his shelf life. Lots of miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad