Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Ding Dong Chia's Gone, Oh Dear Mact, Howson and Lowe are Still Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm curious if PHI unloads Couturier. Is there any contract that isn't an ELC that is better than his?

On a complete side note anyone ever notice the Flyers centers faceoff percentage? Below is them ranked on total faceoffs it isn't until 8th guy with 39 draws that they have a guy below 50%. Who the hell is teaching them?

57.8 on 703 draws
52.6 on 95 draws

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So, in the event that Philly may make Provorov available I'd jump at the opportunity to buy low on him this year when he's having a down season. Nurse + our 1st top 3 protected
I dunno about Provorov at that price. Flyer fan buddies can’t shut up about how awful he is this season. Guaranteed minus player they call him. Gets walked on a regular basis. I don’t see the Flyer games, but I see these buddies a lot and it’s every week they are seething at something he did.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Chiarelli, McLellan, and one other person I take it. Looks like we need to conduct a "forensic audit" to get to the bottom of this, lol.

I never bought the reasoning that Lowe was involved with that deal.

Prolly Chia, TMac and the 2 assistants not named Woodcroft is my guess. Leavins said the culprits in that deal no longer for the Oilers

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
How often has a player of Jones caliber hit the free agent market? Suter, that's all I got. Karlsson will likely re-sign with San Jose.
In other words, not worried about 3 years down the line. If a team with McDavid, Draisaitl, Jones and Klefbom isn't competing for a Cup by then, something is seriously wrong and it'll probably be blown up anyway. I'll take my chances with that core over McDavid, Draisaitl, Hughes and Klefbom.

Well, you should be. I want a team that will be in the mix until the end of McDavid's contract, not a one-and-done.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wouldn't really equate hype to quality of prospect either.

Lots of Matthews hype came from the Leafs being at the bottom of the league and Eichel was living off the McDavid vs. Eichel angle.

This draft as a whole isn't getting any hype. Tends to happen when there's no Canadians or CHLers vying for #1, it seems.

Hughes reminds me a lot of Samsonov.

I don’t think he’s elite.

Kakko isn’t elite either.

This reminds me a lot of Patrick/Hischier.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Prolly Chia, TMac and the 2 assistants not named Woodcroft is my guess. Leavins said the culprits in that deal no longer for the Oilers

The only other guys that fit the description would be Buchberger(Director of Player Personnel), Billy Moores(Dir. of Coaching) or Rick Carriere(Dir. of Player Development).

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Some interesting stuff from Leavins' article yesterday. (Kelly McCrimmon the front-runner to become the new Oilers GM and other assorted NHL All-Star break musings: 9 Things)

I'm looking at the 3rd point, in which Leavins says there were at least 3 loud voices pushing for the Hall trade, one of them including Chiarelli (unless I've read that wrong). I assumed one of the main voices was MacTavish, but Leavins maintains that none of the proponents are still with the organization. Including Chiarelli, I guess maybe Green was included? I wonder who they are.
Wrong. Leavins must be wrong. I read it here in a thread about ‘character’ and ‘culture’ that the Hall trade was more obc meddling. Lowe specifically. Another pass for Chiarelli.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I dunno about Provorov at that price. Flyer fan buddies can’t shut up about how awful he is this season. Guaranteed minus player they call him. Gets walked on a regular basis. I don’t see the Flyer games, but I see these buddies a lot and it’s every week they are seething at something he did.

Pretty sure Flyers faithful said Provorov was the next Lidstrom, last year.
Same as Brodin etc etc.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Gostisbehere should be much cheaper to acquire than Cout and Provorov and is someone who would fit in nicely. He plays RD to boot. ideal buy low candidate.

Reactions: Rafters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
While we're bargain shopping in the Flyers aisle, I'd love to get Konecny.

He'd be a great fit on the wing.
I don't see a lot of bargains there. If Fletcher views a guy like JP very highly then maybe you can get lucky on one of their younger players, but at this point I don't see why they'd give anyone away for cheap.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Wrong. Leavins must be wrong. I read it here in a thread about ‘character’ and ‘culture’ that the Hall trade was more obc meddling. Lowe specifically. Another pass for Chiarelli.

Oilers org: "Chiarelli nwaa given full autonomy to make trades"

Also Oilers org: "The Reinhart and Hall trades weren't all on Chiarelli"

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
If you can get some combo of couts, ghost, voracek for picks and prospects and salary dumps ... I’d gladly package the next 2 1st rders if philly is going full rebuild

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If you can get some combo of couts, ghost, voracek for picks and prospects and salary dumps ... I’d gladly package the next 2 1st rders if philly is going full rebuild
I don't know that PHI is going full rebuild. Isn't that what Hextall wanted to do, but Holmgren didn't agree?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Curious if PHI goes after Muzzin. LA looking for a 1st and prospect.

Now I doubt PHI gives up their 2019 1st, but PHI does have a lot of younger players that a team like LA could use. Maybe something closer to the draft once the lottery is figured out.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
there has to be an opportuinity to grab a young dman out of philly. they have extra and need a veteran d man to come play some of the hard minutes for them while the young guys improve.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
there has to be an opportuinity to grab a young dman out of philly. they have extra and need a veteran d man to come play some of the hard minutes for them while the young guys improve.
Knowing our luck we'll take the Lupul of the group while Perry and Getzlaf flourish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad