Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVI: G Staying Put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Could you imagine what this forum would of been like in the early 90's?

This board would of been rioting over the fact that the Rangers traded Louie DeBrusk, Bernie Nichols. and Stephen Rice for Messier.

I mean trading two 20 years olds, who were 1st and second round draft picks for a 30 year old center is just insane and mortgaging the future.

smart money says you'll forget the name of the prospect traded this year anyway.

Don't think so but definitely for the Amonte, Weight, Gartner trades for Larmer, Noonan, Matteau, etc. I forget the exact sequence.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
With Girardi signed, I'm hoping Sather makes the right decision on Stralman and looks to move him.

It would have to be some offer to move him this deadline. Staal and Stralman together have been lights out. With Girardi extended, Stralman is indeed the odd man out. Klein is a poor man's Girardi signed to a good contract. He won't go. With McIlrath waiting in the wings, the right side is very one dimensional and isn't so great on puck moving.

If you can get a good forward or puck moving defensive prospect, you do it. Otherwise, hold onto him down the stretch.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I would trade Nash for MSL. I've never been impressed by Nash during his time here. He's just a 30 goal scorer, nothing more nothing less.

He's scored 40 in his first 87 games as a Ranger which translates into 37.7 in 82 games. So idk about this.

Also anyone wanting to trade one of our D away take a long hard look at what happened to start the year, these guys struggled to click as a unit and now we're going to disrupt it while it is at it's peak for what? Another D-man so he can come in and learn his role over the next 20 games...

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I would trade Nash for MSL. I've never been impressed by Nash during his time here. He's just a 30 goal scorer, nothing more nothing less.

This doesn't make sense at all. If you want to trade Nash, fine that's your opinion, but what you could get would be WAY more than MSL.

I don't understand.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can understand thinking that we're not a contender. I can understand thinking that we shouldn't trade for MSL. But the lengths that some "fans" go to to prove how bad this team is are deplorable. You guys are using completely misleading stats that incorporate a transition period from polar opposite coaches, injuries, no Kreider, Lundqvist playing the worst he's played since his rookie year playoffs. Then tell us we're barely in the playoffs despite us having one of the best records in the league since then. It's really pathetic.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Yep, that was me - leaving aside the "I don't think this team shouldn't be making short term moves" angle, what on earth do they need with another RW? If they're dead set on acquiring MSL, it makes sense to move one of your existing top 6 RWs for him. I am NOT advocating it, but if they do decide to go all in after MSL, it would make sense.

Yes, I agree. Out of all the forward positions, RW is where we have the most depth. One of Zucc, MSL, or Nash would have to move to the left side. It would be the same problem we had as last year when Gaborik had to play left wing, and it was far from an ideal situation. I wouldn't mind acquiring MSL depending on the package, but if we are bolstering the top 6, it should really be at the LW and obviously C positions.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Don't think so but definitely for the Amonte, Weight, Gartner trades for Larmer, Noonan, Matteau, etc. I forget the exact sequence.

Yeah. It was Gartner for Anderson, Amonte for Matteau and Noonan, Weight for Tikkanen.

The Amonte and Weight trades, long-term, were bad. But we won a Cup.

If we didn't win that cup, and it was 74 years right now...

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I promise you one thing. Management knows just as well as all of us here the Rangers really need depth at center if they want to take that final step. If you could replace Nash's goals in the short term and fill that 1c or 2c position. Would you do it?

I guess part of the question is what do you believe Kesler is, what do you believe he has left. I have no clue, like a lot of people have said Kesler three years ago, I trade Nash tonight.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I promise you one thing. Management knows just as well as all of us here the Rangers really need depth at center if they want to take that final step. If you could replace Nash's goals in the short term and fill that 1c or 2c position. Would you do it?

I guess take of the question is what do you believe Kesler is, what do you believe he has left. I have no clue, like a lot of people have said Kesler three years ago, I trade Nash tonight.

No. Because then we'd be searching for a winger to complement the center.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL

How much constant turnover do you want? We literally just traded 4 guys for Nash. It just happened.

People think that trade destroyed our team, now you want to trade him for what, Kesler? This is such a bad idea. I don't even know where to begin, I'm having trouble providing an analysis that doesn't come off snarky or something.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA

I guess take of the question is what do you believe Kesler is, what do you believe he has left. I have no clue, like a lot of people have said Kesler three years ago, I trade Nash tonight.

Long-term? Yes, absolutely. But no one is gonna give up a Duchene for Nash.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

No. Thankfully neither would the Rangers.

This persistent idea of trading to fill a whole while creating another one is really baffling to me.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Yeah. It was Gartner for Anderson, Amonte for Matteau and Noonan, Weight for Tikkanen.

The Amonte and Weight trades, long-term, were bad. But we won a Cup.

If we didn't win that cup, and it was 74 years right now...

Trades were looking dodgy until game 7 OT ECF/Wales vs Debs....

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Uh.. it would make more sense to trade Stepan for Kesler than it would Nash... and I wouldn't do that either!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It would have to be some offer to move him this deadline. Staal and Stralman together have been lights out. With Girardi extended, Stralman is indeed the odd man out. Klein is a poor man's Girardi signed to a good contract. He won't go. With McIlrath waiting in the wings, the right side is very one dimensional and isn't so great on puck moving.

If you can get a good forward or puck moving defensive prospect, you do it. Otherwise, hold onto him down the stretch.

Seeing what Miller and Ott got, Stralman has some serious value.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
No. Thankfully neither would the Rangers.

This persistent idea of trading to fill a whole while creating another one is really baffling to me.

14817_thisthis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad