Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVI: G Staying Put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Don't know if I'm alone, but Buffalo abused St. Louis in that trade. They gave up a lot for two rentals. Is this an indication of what the market is like? Miller is a UFA goalie, and Ott is a UFA bottom 6 forward. A B level prospect, two picks, a roster player, and a starting goaltender. That's a very nice haul. Halak and Stewart can easily be turned into picks, too.

Carrier + 1st + 2nd would probably be fair market value for Miller. I think that was an insane overpayment.

Buffalo is running this incredibly smartly.

Vanek for Moulson + 1st. Use Moulson to get more.

Miller + Ott for Stewart + Halak + prospect + picks. Flip Halak and Stewart for more picks.

Why can't Sather do this?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Well, what is Stralman really? Do we all agree that he's a solid, top 4 defenseman that can log 15-20 minutes a night? One that is good positionally and hardly makes mistakes at that. However, offense has seemingly taken a step back.

Secondly, what would we want back for him? Is he worth a Vatanen or blue chip offensive prospect? I think his value is just shy of that.

I think he's worth Vatanen. That would be a fair deal, especially if ANA can lock up Stralman.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Miller + Ott for Stewart + Halak + prospect + picks. Flip Halak and Stewart for more picks.

Umm....because Buffalo has been a **** show and the Rangers are 2nd in the Metropolitan while starting to create some separation and establishing themselves as a legitimate team? I dont know...that could be it.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Absolutely not. I would have been all-in for that move (as I was).

Now, the subsequent Zubov and Kovalev trades on the other hand...

The Zubov move may have been one of the greatest long term deals in NHL history. Hell we still have someone from that deal on our bench!!

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Buffalo is doing a tremendous job with their rebuild.

Why should Sather do this? This team doesn't need to go anywhere near the extremes Buffalo is going to.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

as said multiple times.. because the Rangers signed Lundqvist to win now and not 4 yeas from now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well, what is Stralman really? Do we all agree that he's a solid, top 4 defenseman that can log 15-20 minutes a night? One that is good positionally and hardly makes mistakes at that. However, offense has seemingly taken a step back.

Secondly, what would we want back for him? Is he worth a Vatanen or blue chip offensive prospect? I think his value is just shy of that.

I think he'd return Vatanen possibly. With Girardi here Stralman is a bit more available.

Does Detroit want a RD? Sproul.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
which Kesler hasn't been anymore.

Yeah that's kinda my feeling on. Thats what I said the first time Kesler was brought up a few days ago,

But again just going on what Dagoon said,

one east coast team
one canadian team
two major trades.

I think kesler/st. louis

EDIT: i was kinda just having fun with Dagoons post. Playing the guessing game like we did with the St. Louis rumor. I think people read certain posts based upon when they jumped into the thread and don't know the basis behind it, if that is someone's beliefs or views, or if they are just throwing it out there as a hypothetical. I understand how that would happen. thats the nature of posting little blurts as a thought hits your brain instead of writing everything you have to say into one post so that people see it in its entirety, but people should be aware of this and stop jumping to conclusions. Most of you guys have been on this board long enough to know things get misinterpreted by not knowing what someone said before what you read they said.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

I think it falls on the fact that Garth snow was desperate enough to fill out his team with offense that he didn't really need (see the Penguins of 12-13), instead of focusing on his defense or goaltending (hard to address both with just Moulson as your trade chip). He should be let go after a move like that.

Buffalo fleeced them, and that was only because Snow thought one more winger would put them over the top, even though they were scoring 3+ goals per game, sometimes 4...

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY

Guess he wants to win more than 20 games? Other than that...?

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
That trade would NOT make them a better team.

Im not a big believer in Nash come crunch time. If I could get equal value for him, I would trade him. Im not a rush to trade him, but if I can get equal value and it fills a need on the team, I would move him.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Because the Rangers aren't in the basement in the East like the Sabres are? They've been the 2nd best team in the East for quite a while now.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Not so sure Buffalo spins the principles off, thats a nice return of NHL talent as well.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If you guys really think we stink that bad? Trade everyone ... Hank, Nash, Mac, Staal ... blow the whole thing up and start from scratch .. does that sound crazy? YES, well some of you guys are really going to the extreme. You act like we are a bottom dweller and we are one of the hottest teams in the league since Dec ... I hate to see what happens on a losing streak.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Everyone missed the point. Do you see how he maximized his assets and filled their holes immediately?

Replaced Miller with Halak and Ott with Stewart.. Yep, I'm seeing it, just not liking it. Was I supposed to be?

Forgot, also replaced Vanek with Moulson.. Who's inevitably traded for another fill the gap guy and pick . Freeing up those pennies to spend on Cally... Sure he'll be thrilled playing wing on on line with scrub (A) as pick (B) develops for a few seasons..

Punxrocknyc19*

how legit is this???

MARTIN ST. LOUIS MAY BE A RANGER THIS WEEKEND

NY would send Ryan Callahan, a depth forward or prospect and a 3rd round pick to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis. A conditional pick could come back to the Rangers if the Lightning re-sign Callahan or make it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

http://fulltiltnyr.com/martin-st-louis-may-ranger-weekend/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad