Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVI: G Staying Put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
In some many ways, I prefer trading Nash, and swapping nash and st. louis as ur 1st line point production. Ride St. Louis out for awhile and look to bring in a 1st line winger via free agency in the next 2 years.

I don't understand this though - people are complaining about trading Callahan for St. Louis, because we'd be losing the ability to gain future assets - but you want to trade Nash, our best offensive player, in the prime years of his career, for him?

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
TZ06SSE.jpg

That shows:
EDT: Eastern Daylight Time
CDT: Central Daylight Time
MDT: Mountain Daylight Time
PDT: Pacific Daylight Time
UTC: Coordinated Universal Time
NDT: Newfoundland Daylight Time
ADT: Atlantic Daylight Time

Eastern Time Zone + Canada covers 20/30 teams.

oooooo it was eastern Time Zone and Canada not the Canada Time zone... got it

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't understand this though - people are complaining about trading Callahan for St. Louis, because we'd be losing the ability to gain future assets - but you want to trade Nash, our best offensive player, in the prime years of his career, for him?

Agreed

Nash & MSL > MSL & Callahan

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yes, there does seem to be a bit of redundancy there. And MSL and Zucc are very similar wingers... Zucc is basically a poor man's MSL (in fact, I think was a poster earlier today who floated the idea of trading Zucc for MSL, maybe it was BRF? I see where he's coming from with this).

AV has mentioned before about how the Rangers try to model themselves after the Red Wings, but I'm seeing more of a similarity of what the Canadiens have traditionally done post-lockout - small and speedy with good, but not great, centers. In addition to skill and talent, the successful Detroit teams have had some of the best two-players in the game up and down the line-up, as well a bunch of players who can forecheck hard and wreak havoc in the crease (Holmstrom, Franzen, Bertuzzi, Cleary). The Rangers could stand to improve in those areas.

Yep, that was me - leaving aside the "I don't think this team shouldn't be making short term moves" angle, what on earth do they need with another RW? If they're dead set on acquiring MSL, it makes sense to move one of your existing top 6 RWs for him. I am NOT advocating it, but if they do decide to go all in after MSL, it would make sense.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
And, for the record:

pending unsignable (given his demands) UFA Callahan + 2014 1st < MSL through 2014-15 (and presumably further, if he and the NYR want)

Both have leadership skills, hard work, determination. St. Louis skill set is elite. Callahan's isn't. And I love the guy, but he's asking for too much.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011

I would contemplate sending Nash to Vancouver for Kesler.

Others pieces for St. Louis

(this in response to Dagoon post that Sather is working on what would be two major deals. one to an east coast team, one to a canadian team)

I know this is unlikely, bc it could leave the team where there are missing an offensive component they need.
But I'm not confident in Nash as THE guy here. All we've seen are glimpses sprinkled in between long periods of time where he seems lost. He has possible concussion issues (could be a reoccurring issue). Could be smart to make a move before it becomes one of those situations where we either can't trade him or your trading low. Trade him high after his run before the olympics and in them.

Hahaha and before a ton of people start labeling me as this or that, or my views as this or that. Im only talking hypothetically about what Dagoon's info could be hinting at. I am not saying the rangers are looking to trade Nash. As Cmox said earlier, its an interesting post by a poster who seems to have a lot of respect here. Im just playing and having fun with it.

Last edited:

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
I would trade Nash for MSL. I've never been impressed by Nash during his time here. He's just a 30 goal scorer, nothing more nothing less.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
That shows:
EDT: Eastern Daylight Time
CDT: Central Daylight Time
MDT: Mountain Daylight Time
PDT: Pacific Daylight Time
UTC: Coordinated Universal Time
NDT: Newfoundland Daylight Time
ADT: Atlantic Daylight Time

oooooo it was eastern Time Zone and Canada not the Canada Time zone... got it

Ah yes, UTC. I believe Iran goes by the same system.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Could you imagine what this forum would of been like in the early 90's?

This board would of been rioting over the fact that the Rangers traded Louie DeBrusk, Bernie Nichols. and Stephen Rice for Messier.

I mean trading two 20 years olds, who were 1st and second round draft picks for a 30 year old center is just insane and mortgaging the future.

smart money says you'll forget the name of the prospect traded this year anyway.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Could you imagine what this forum would of been like in the early 90's?

This board would of been rioting over the fact that the Rangers traded Louie DeBrusk, Bernie Nichols. and Stephen Rice for Messier.

I mean trading two 20 years olds, who were 1st and second round draft picks for a 30 year old center is just insane and mortgaging the future.

smart money says you'll forget the name of the prospect traded this year anyway.

Absolutely not. I would have been all-in for that move (as I was).

Now, the subsequent Zubov and Kovalev trades on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad