Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The hype around Tolvanen depends which distinct series of datapoints and associated reporting people look at. Draft time Tolvanen came with a timeline ... 60 day KHL stud Tolvanen was going to dominate hockey immediately ... every other period of Tolvanen since draft day came with a different development timeline. He's a kid with demonstrated talent ... but still a kid.

Fiala's troubles are where I see the most issues. After the trade for Turris last season we were able to put together two lines with 20+ goal scorers on each wing and centers with mid-teen goal outputs as well. This year has Fiala incapable of doing much right ... pressing too hard, forcing passes that aren't there, simply losing control of the puck, etc ... and as a result playing himself out of a payday he earned based on last season's performance. The next order fallout from that is that we don't have that occasionally dangerous second line with a pair of 20+ goal scorers on the wing. We have Smith and Turris alongside the struggling Fiala which then impacts everyone.

That is before the injuries in the top six. Take Arvy out for over 20 games. Forsberg for 12 and counting. Turris missed 8 games. Fiala's play makes it impossible to just move the next guy up so we saw Hartman on the top line for a while (where he managed to put up some points). Basically, through injury or regression, we've seen 4 of last season's top 6 out of the lineup for significant portions of this season. Johansen and Turris are both on similar goal-scoring paces to the 2017-18 regular season. Johansen is currently on pace for a higher point total than last season while Turris is on a path to just below last year's output (45ish points if he stays healthy and remains on his current season to date points pace even after missing time due to injury).

Looking at our PP is painful. 18 PP goals for the team total. Johansen with 9 PP assists, 0 PP goals. Turris with 3 PP goals, 2 assists. 14 of 18 PP goals with one of them involved ... no points shared between them on any of the PP goals to date (easy to check when we've only scored a PP goal in 14 out of 38 games).

With all of the failings of various eye tests in our play and injuries to our leading goal scorers from last season, we remain a mid-pack 5on5 goal scoring team ... like median, T-16th at 73 ES 5on5 goals. We're not tearing up the scoresheets at ES, but, we haven't fallen off the bottom of the page either. PP scoring is another issue altogether.

That means the issue is how do we replace what Fiala brought to the scoreboard last season? External options get expensive for a second line winger. Deadline prices tend to be overpayment and few teams are moving those type players at this point in the season without something significant heading back. (see Duschene, Turris, Girard/Kamenev) Internally, one of the few realistic options is Hartman. If he can keep producing at his pace so far this season, he puts up a goal count in the upper teens which is respectable.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just out of curiosity, say Ottawa is able to sign Duchene to 9X8, would you trade Subban for him? (In a sign and trade)

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Personally I'd be pretty hesitant to trade for a soon to be 28 year old who makes 9 million for the next 8 years, and whose career high in points is 70. I realize he's on pace to have a 93 pt season over 82 games, but I wonder if it's a bit of an outlier.

As for Subban, at some point we're gonna have to trade someone. We can't keep them all around forever, especially with the expansion draft coming up and as Fabbro develops. I don't know if the time is right now though.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
If he still wants to play for Preds, we should be able to sign him this offseason, right?

If we were to trade Subban at some point, I'd rather do it for a good center prospect (close to or already nhl ready) + top4 dman to pair with Josi type of deal. Stopgap solution until Fabbro is ready for heavy duty, perhaps.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As long as we arent struggling so badly that missing the playoffs is possible I do t see a big trade this year.

If we fail to win the Cup, and especially if we crash out early like lasy year, I can see Poile breaking up the big 4 to get more scoring.

Reactions: Scoresberg and Gh24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's been an idea bouncing around in my head that I've been hesitant to put out a proposal thread for - basically, Fabbro and Fiala for Chris Kreider.

It might be viable 'cause Kreider is old enough that he's not going to be contributing by the time they've got their rebuild done, and he's the sort of driven forward we could possibly make decent use of. But he's also a fan favorite, and so I fear making the thread would get me flayed alive by Rangers fans who want to keep him regardless. ;)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There's been an idea bouncing around in my head that I've been hesitant to put out a proposal thread for - basically, Fabbro and Fiala for Chris Kreider.

It might be viable 'cause Kreider is old enough that he's not going to be contributing by the time they've got their rebuild done, and he's the sort of driven forward we could possibly make decent use of. But he's also a fan favorite, and so I fear making the thread would get me flayed alive by Rangers fans who want to keep him regardless. ;)
That's...hefty. Don't know that I could do Fiala AND Fabbro and long-term I'd rather keep Fabbro to trade one of our top 4 down the road (e.g. expansion draft) for younger talent to keep the window open/refresh the farm. Not sure what + Fiala (completely on board with as a base) could make it work for both sides, if at all.

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Players like Stone.

Well yeah but if you look at the trade forum it seems like he and Duchene are *fairly* available, Duchene moreso than Stone. Does MD still want to play here? Or has that emotion faded? I think we could use either effectively for the playoffs and into the future.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Well yeah but if you look at the trade forum it seems like he and Duchene are *fairly* available, Duchene moreso than Stone. Does MD still want to play here? Or has that emotion faded? I think we could use either effectively for the playoffs and into the future.
I think we should really consider going for Duchene and look to sign him to an extension. Then in the off-season I'd look to trade turris and Bonino. I'd much rather have a Joey-Duchene-Sissons as our top 3 centers than Joey-Turris-Bonino.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we should really consider going for Duchene and look to sign him to an extension. Then in the off-season I'd look to trade turris and Bonino. I'd much rather have a Joey-Duchene-Sissons as our top 3 centers than Joey-Turris-Bonino.

I think Bones has been fine, he's been consistent but I'd look to move Turris if he doesn't get his act together. Bonino and Sissons would make up for, and do so right now a very good bottom-6 center core.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think Bones has been fine, he's been consistent but I'd look to move Turris if he doesn't get his act together. Bonino and Sissons would make up for, and do so right now a very good bottom-6 center core.
The reason I would get rid of Bonino would be the 4+ million cap hit. Thats to much for a 4th line center

Reactions: Scoresberg

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018

I could see that perhaps in the offseason, but Poile saying he wants to keep the group together I think puts us more in the pure rental market this year. Guys like Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, or Jakob Silfverberg would be who I would think we would be in on right now. Perhaps you look at maybe finding some guys who were highly touted, but have under performed so far and are RFAs next year. A couple of potential guys there could be Pavel Zacha or Jesse Pulujarvi. Basically someone we can get for this years 2nd a warm body that ain't in Nashville.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The reason I would get rid of Bonino would be the 4+ million cap hit. Thats to much for a 4th line center
Bonino is 4th among forwards in TOI per game and plays nearly 2 minutes per game on both the PP and PK. He's not a "4th liner" using any measurement but straight EV TOI. He also consistently takes the most difficult defensive assignments excepting lines that are too fast for him. He is overpaid, but not by enough to justify dumping the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad